Tunisia&Cameroon should not be anywhere near the world cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Tunisia&Cameroon should not be anywhere near the world cup

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

As someone from a minor African footballing country during the mundial I become an honorary Nigerian, Cameroonian, Ghanaian, Algerian, Senegalese, Tunisian, Ivorian..... etc

My greatest frustration is to see the likes of Cameroon and Tunisia qualify time and time again with the same result. With the Cameroonians there are always stories of money squables and problems with their FA. The results on the pitch apart from 1990 speak for themselves. The Tunisians just seem to suffer from a massive inferiority complex when playing non African opposition.

With Nigeria halfway into the departure lounge for Russia 2018, I hope the Super Eagles and whoever else represents our beloved continent give their all. Hopefully we will see one or two new names from the African continent in Russia? Cape Verde or Burkina Faso perhaps?
I also hope the Egyptians finally make it to the world cup again, I am confident they will give a good account of themselves.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Tunisia&Cameroon should not be anywhere near the world c

Post by marutimon »

Cape Verde will topple at international level. Burkina Faso has much more self belief and a couple of elite players.

As for Tunisia - I am quietly hoping Guinea and Naby Keita beat them in Guinea.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote: I also hope the Egyptians finally make it to the world cup again, I am confident they will give a good account of themselves.
Yes, I think they will do fine. Albeit I think Ghana would have done just as well and would much prefer them over Tunisia.

Tunisia's group is ridiculous and I will never believe there was no foul play when drawing the groups. Its just so convenient, especially given Tunisia's track record.

Hoping for:
DRCongo
Nigeria
Cote d'Ivoire (worst case scenario Morocco)
Senegal (else Burkina Faso)
Egypt (alternatively Ghana)

Save for Cote d'Ivoire / Morocco and DRCongo I'm confident the rest will do well.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The way things work sometimes, Tunisia could go on to finally shock the world this time, if they qualify. (Or maybe not. I kept hoping the same for Cameroon, only for them to perform worse each time. The last straw was them performing kung fu on Croatian players while losing 4-0 :curse: )

WC 1994
Cameroun 2 - Sweden 2
Cameroun 0 - Brazil 3
Cameroun 1 - Russia 6

WC 1998
Cameroun 1 - Austria 1
Cameroun 0 - Italy 3
Cameroun 1 - Chile 1

WC 2002
Cameroun 1 - Ireland 1
Cameroun 1 - Saudi Arabia 0
Cameroun 0 - Germany 2

WC 2010
Cameroun 0 - Japan 1
Cameroun 1 - Denmark 2
Cameroun 1 - Netherlands 2

WC 2014
Cameroun 0 - Mexico 1
Cameroun 0 - Croatia 4
Cameroun 1 - Brazil 4

Cameroon has 1 (one!) win in 15 WC games, have scored 10 goals and collected 33(-23 goal difference). No thanks, may we never see them again at a WC. :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

based on the current standings tunisia are just as likely to qualify as nigeria
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cameroon has won only 1 game since they reached the QF in 1990. That is from 5 world cups and 15 games.

Nigeria has won 5 games since then. We did Africa a favour by eliminating them, especially with their antics in 2014.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

:rotf: and that win came against Saudi Arabia
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Everyone and their Mom's getting all disrespectful on CE.
Cameron where in the world cup when your ancestors where wondering what that machine in the air was.

Had it not been for the IL's in 82 and 90 the world cup would have just been a dream for a lot of countries in Africa.

Sit down and STFU!
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Makanaky wrote:Everyone and their Mom's getting all disrespectful on CE.
Cameron where in the world cup when your ancestors where wondering what that machine in the air was.

Had it not been for the IL's in 82 and 90 the world cup would have just been a dream for a lot of countries in Africa.

Sit down and STFU!
:agree:
But....what have you done for me lately......... :tic:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Scipio Africanus wrote:The way things work sometimes, Tunisia could go on to finally shock the world this time, if they qualify. (Or maybe not. I kept hoping the same for Cameroon, only for them to perform worse each time. The last straw was them performing kung fu on Croatian players while losing 4-0 :curse: )

WC 1994
Cameroun 2 - Sweden 2
Cameroun 0 - Brazil 3
Cameroun 1 - Russia 6

WC 1998
Cameroun 1 - Austria 1
Cameroun 0 - Italy 3
Cameroun 1 - Chile 1

WC 2002
Cameroun 1 - Ireland 1
Cameroun 1 - Saudi Arabia 0
Cameroun 0 - Germany 2

WC 2010
Cameroun 0 - Japan 1
Cameroun 1 - Denmark 2
Cameroun 1 - Netherlands 2

WC 2014
Cameroun 0 - Mexico 1
Cameroun 0 - Croatia 4
Cameroun 1 - Brazil 4

Cameroon has 1 (one!) win in 15 WC games, have scored 10 goals and collected 33(-23 goal difference). No thanks, may we never see them again at a WC. :curse:
But they kept on qualifying so maybe just maybe the teams they beat to qualify where useless!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Sit down and STFU!
Keep telling yourself that,yes Cameroon shock the world in 90 and I loved it too but you can't live off old moldy bread,it's time to take a back seat and accept the truth Cameroon just can't do it anymore!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Sit down and STFU!
Be honest with yourself bro. What would the likes of Onana, Mbida, Kunde, Abega, Enanga and the other Cameroonian ballers of yesteryear have made of the embarrassing exploits of some of the Cameroonian teams of the last 20 years? I am talking about the world cup.

I mean Gigi Buffons hero is Thomas Nkono! That right there tells me everything I need to know about the Cameroonian ballers of yesteryear!
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:

Sit down and STFU!
Be honest with yourself bro. What would the likes of Onana, Mbida, Kunde, Abega, Enanga and the other Cameroonian ballers of yesteryear have made of the embarrassing exploits of some of the Cameroonian teams of the last 20 years? I am talking about the world cup.

I mean Gigi Buffons hero is Thomas Nkono! That right there tells me everything I need to know about the Cameroonian ballers of yesteryear!
Makanaky, bro,

Chimurenga has a point but I will only go by the two recent WCs.

SA: organization as I understood was not so bad, it seemed the government had it right but big heads like Eto'o and the Songs had something else in mind and Cameroon was disgraced on the pitch.

Brazil: there were more girlfriends of members of the government than any other Cameroonians. It was so bad some players did not get seats that were reserved for them. The tournament was for players and members of the government a big moment of entertainment: night clubs, family visits, girlfriends visits and so on.
Shameful moments came with players fighting each other on the pitch, most stupid moment was A Song chasing an opponent on the green grass with his elbow raised.

Cameroon should miss one or two WCs and learn.

'82 and '90 great WCs for Cameroon and Africa.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Whatever the case, an African team need to punch their way to the "semi final"; at least, in Russia. We need to improve from the past
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marutimon wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote: I also hope the Egyptians finally make it to the world cup again, I am confident they will give a good account of themselves.
Yes, I think they will do fine. Albeit I think Ghana would have done just as well and would much prefer them over Tunisia.

Tunisia's group is ridiculous and I will never believe there was no foul play when drawing the groups. Its just so convenient, especially given Tunisia's track record.

Hoping for:
DRCongo
Nigeria

Save for Cote d'Ivoire / Morocco and DRCongo I'm confident the rest will do well.
Egypt bend over backwards against foreign teams.
Ghana have no business going near a World Cup after their behavior in Brazil. They like Cameroon, have started abusing the privilege of qualifying out of Africa.

Senegal are not a balanced team. I've seen way too many teams with talented players like the current Senegalese team have gone to the World Cup and disappointed.

This goes all the way from the very beginning in the 50s.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Kabalega wrote:
marutimon wrote:

Hoping for:
DRCongo
Nigeria

Ghana have no business going near a World Cup after their behavior in Brazil. They like Cameroon, have started abusing the privilege of qualifying out of Africa.

Senegal are not a balanced team. I've seen way too many teams with talented players like the current Senegalese team have gone to the World Cup and disappointed.

So you too get mouth? WTF
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Cameroon should not be at this WC unless they get their act together. Their play and bonus problems have been embarrassing and Africa deserves better this.

Egypt will probably be there but I don't expect much from them. Ditto for Tunisia. I don't see Guinea being able to trouble them when the chips are down.

Nigeria should qualify too. While the Zambians are young and full of running, I don't think their team is cohesive enough to beat Nigeria in Uyo. They still need to mature a bit before they can do something st the WC

I have a feeling Morocco might pip CIV for the WC spot. Unlike most other N African sides the Moroccans have done well

Final spot is Senegal. Like Nigeria they have the potential to do well if the draw is favorable. Like Nigeria they've shown they can rise to the challenge
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote:Cameroon should not be at this WC unless they get their act together. Their play and bonus problems have been embarrassing and Africa deserves better this.

Egypt will probably be there but I don't expect much from them. Ditto for Tunisia. I don't see Guinea being able to trouble them when the chips are down.

Nigeria should qualify too. While the Zambians are young and full of running, I don't think their team is cohesive enough to beat Nigeria in Uyo. They still need to mature a bit before they can do something st the WC

I have a feeling Morocco might pip CIV for the WC spot. Unlike most other N African sides the Moroccans have done well

Final spot is Senegal. Like Nigeria they have the potential to do well if the draw is favorable. Like Nigeria they've shown they can rise to the challenge
So when is the South Africa vs. Senegal match being replayed? ....................Thanks to that midget ref for making this happen
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Cameroon has been woeful recently but everyone that gets through African qualifiers deserves a chance to mess up at the WC. These are the best teams Africa has to offer, or do we really believe that Congo DRC, Cape Verde, Guinea, Zambia will do better? Not a chance, they will be ripped to shreds. We saw Angola and Togo go to make up the numbers years ago.

Leave Cameroon, for a small Nation they have done well enough and deserve a bit more respect.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

YUJAM wrote:Cameroon should not be at this WC unless they get their act together. Their play and bonus problems have been embarrassing and Africa deserves better this.

Senegal may get there but they are not on Nigeria's level
Nigeria is a far more intelligent footballing nation
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ANC wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
marutimon wrote:

Hoping for:
DRCongo
Nigeria

So you too get mouth? WTF
I'm a real African! :taunt: :taunt:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

airwolex wrote:Cameroon has been woeful recently but everyone that gets through African qualifiers deserves a chance to mess up at the WC. These are the best teams Africa has to offer, or do we really believe that Congo DRC, Cape Verde, Guinea, Zambia will do better? Not a chance, they will be ripped to shreds. We saw Angola and Togo go to make up the numbers years ago.

Leave Cameroon, for a small Nation they have done well enough and deserve a bit more respect.
Angola acquitted themselves for a first timer.
Way better than what Ghana did in Brazil and Cameroon or other N. Africans besides Algeria and Morocco.

Togo did what West Africans do best, fight of money. At least, they can be forgiven as it was their first time.
Nigeria, Ghana and others who have been there, have no excuse for poor organization.

That is why more progressive FAs like Cape Verde and Zambia, ...e.t.c, should go and continue to grow.
Players like Africa's finest, Onyango need to experience the WC. :thumb:

With the usual suspects, it will be more of the same. :twisted:
Africa needs fresh blood like we have with the CAF leadership :D
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

smartbrother wrote:

Senegal may get there but they are not on Nigeria's level

Nigeria is a far more intelligent footballing nation

well Nigeria need to show that if they qualify- minimum requirement must be Q final - anything below that is failure. about time impact is made- if we seriously prepare well with luck on our side - its achievable