Alex IWobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Alex IWobi

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What a Nigerian.. so glad he plays for my darling SE... may the bobo continue to improve for us.... what a story , to score the goal to take us to Russia... God bless Nigeria and may Iwobi eventually join a better football club ..Amen
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kako
Egg
Egg
Re: Alex IWobi

Post by Kako »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What a Nigerian.. so glad he plays for my darling SE... may the bobo continue to improve for us.... what a story , to score the goal to take us to Russia... God bless Nigeria and may Iwobi eventually join a better football club ..Amen
Arsenal no be better football club? :sneaky:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What a Nigerian.. so glad he plays for my darling SE... may the bobo continue to improve for us.... what a story , to score the goal to take us to Russia... God bless Nigeria and may Iwobi eventually join a better football club ..Amen
...abeg we fit do Ufundme for BigPork's wooden closet so he can officially come out? :blink: First na Mikel..now he don dey pass 'baton' for Iwobi... :shock:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kako wrote:
Arsenal no be better football club? :sneaky:
assnal is a small club and Alex Iwobi the future number 10 of my SE is better off joining a very ambitious football team
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:rotf: at the highlighted.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

look at our future, they love Nigeria.. it feels so good watching these young boys wearing green white green and as Alex would say in his naija accent , "up naija" 8-)
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

it started like this

his uncle is a living legend

he scores when he wants ( he is the Zambian Slayer)

he is a Nigerian , by heart and blood

the owner of this shirt dey cry all the way to Prince charley :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I think he would do better as an AM than Mikel. Would prefer to move Mikel to the CM/DM position and pair him with Etebo, Onazi, or Agu.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

olu wrote:I think he would do better as an AM than Mikel. Would prefer to move Mikel to the CM/DM position and pair him with Etebo, Onazi, or Agu.
I'm not entirely convinced a three man midfield with Mikel and Iwobi would work... certainly not one including Etebo as the third man.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The boy is damn good
future captain of Nigeria
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

The YeyeMan wrote:
olu wrote:I think he would do better as an AM than Mikel. Would prefer to move Mikel to the CM/DM position and pair him with Etebo, Onazi, or Agu.
I'm not entirely convinced a three man midfield with Mikel and Iwobi would work... certainly not one including Etebo as the third man.

I agree, iwobi is still good from the wings not midfield.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
I agree. Remember Iwobi is also a very cerebral player. I argue he has the best football brain of all players his age.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

osita wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

I agree, iwobi is still good from the wings not midfield.
Go watch him play for Arsenal,when he play in the MF he is pure genius like his uncle.
Iwobi is a better #10 than Ozil,and Ozil play for Germany,i say give him the #10 and allow Mikel to be water carry and protect the back 4.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

In WC we can try him st 10, but African games he's gonna get muscles off the ball too much. He's probably better out wide, maybe left bench would be his best position so he can come in and change the game, not convinced he should start yet.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

I just pray we get Abraham,too. The boy is better than any striker we got at the moment.
Ovie Ejaria is another English raised I rate very highl.
The rest can suck english di**.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

DAgrin wrote:I just pray we get Abraham,too. The boy is better than any striker we got at the moment.
Ovie Ejaria is another English raised I rate very highl.
The rest can suck english di**.
No be only Abraham, na King Saul.. :laugh: :laugh:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Ovie Ejaria was rejected by Nigeria at U-17.. didint make the Kelechi Iheanacho team back then... But have now really developed..
afc##
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

chuks69 wrote:Ovie Ejaria was rejected by Nigeria at U-17.. didint make the Kelechi Iheanacho team back then... But have now really developed..
I watch Ejaria regularly and though he is a very clever player, full of creativity and always looking for the forward pass, he is just not ready for African football. He is still to slight and will get easily out muscled and out hustled. He needs to play regular men's football for a season or 2 and then he may be ready.
YNWA
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chuks69 wrote:Ovie Ejaria was rejected by Nigeria at U-17.. didint make the Kelechi Iheanacho team back then... But have now really developed..
He was not "rejected" (though not sure he would have made he cut)...
Rather, he left the long-arsed camp at summer-end to return to the Arsenal academy
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

heavyd wrote:
I watch Ejaria regularly and though he is a very clever player, full of creativity and always looking for the forward pass, he is just not ready for African football. He is still to slight and will get easily out muscled and out hustled. He needs to play regular men's football for a season or 2 and then he may be ready.
My rating for Ejaria slipped considerably downwards during the U20 WYC...
Would definitely take someone like Josh Onumah over Ejaria, if given a choice.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

He cannot hack physical games ooooo. Against a team like Cameroon, he would have been tossed around like a rag doll.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

It's strange how everyone seems to think he is not physically strong enough to play in the middle when one of his strengths is his physicality. The guy can protect/shield a ball from now till next year. I think we are judging based on his facial looks and how he talks. The guy is really strong
yes o
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

papilo wrote:It's strange how everyone seems to think he is not physically strong enough to play in the middle when one of his strengths is his physicality. The guy can protect/shield a ball from now till next year. I think we are judging based on his facial looks and how he talks. The guy is really strong
Come again :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: One of who's strengths? Iwobi? Have you watched any of his games for SE? He is a serial loser of the ball because he lacked the strength which is probably what led to his benching. Watch Algeria game you will see him lose the ball over 10 times in one friggin game. What shielding are you talking about? The boy has gotten stronger since last season, but he's still a light weight when it comes to holding onto the ball. Mikel though is a master shielder he could learn a thing or two from him. I like Alex's game and love smart/clever players, but we gotta call a spade a spade, in Africa he was getting muscled anyhow. He's young and will get stronger with time, but my comments are based on his current play.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!