Gernot Rohr on the S.E (Channels TV)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Gernot Rohr on the S.E (Channels TV)

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:The key issue was that the pro-Enyeama camp (of which I assume you are one) kept on harping about Enyeama being his first choice goalie. He NEVER said that.

If you go back to his comments in the attached video below, pay particular attention to min 4.40 thru min. 6.02. The discussion began with him saying we had no goalkeeping problem and how well Ezenwa (heretofore, his #4 goalie), acquainted himself brilliantly in the Cameroon series. He then mentioned the problems with all the keepers, Enyeama, Ikpeme and Akpeyi. Again, how anyone can deduce that Enyeama is his first choice from that is way beyond me!

It is clear that he has no intentions of pandering to Enyeama's drama (re, his comments about team harmony being paramount and no changes in the team leadership). Also, as you alluded to, while he wouldn't mind having him back, the precondition for that to happen is him finding a team (he talked about the next transfer window) and overcoming his torn meniscus injury.

Reading the tea leaves from his comments, I will not be surprised if Enyeama is not recalled to the team. I will leave it at that.

[/video]
maceo4 wrote: Isn't it funny, he listed his goalies from 1st choice to 4th choice and Enyeama was first, explicitly called Ezenwa his fourth choice. Its crazy how they are celebrating Rohr saying exactly what we have been rejoicing, the confirmation that Enyeama is back, and of course he has to prove he is the top choice in practice to start, I mean that was a given. But when back to full fitness he will easily take the number 1 spot, that's no knock on the other keepers, but these trolls know, and that's the reason they don't even want him to return and keep talking about he's retired when Rohr has confirmed he is not, and is available once he recovers from injury, same thing with Ikeme with respect to his illness. If both are back, we don't have anything to worry about in that position, whoever starts or sits we know we have good coverage.

How do you guys deduce that Enteama is retired is beyond me as well. Rohr clearly doesn't say that so, in fact includes Enyeama as one of his options, but seems you guts can't wrap your minds around that. He's back in the fold whether he starts or not is based on his performance in training clearly he would have to show to be better than the others and Rohr made it clear Exenwa is his 4th choice so no argument there.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Err, because Enyeama himself said so?

[/video]

Min 6.07: Interesting comments from him stating he cannot be a second or third goalie to Carl and others in the National team.
This guy is nothing but a divisive drama queen !!!.
maceo4 wrote: How do you guys deduce that Enteama is retired is beyond me as well. Rohr clearly doesn't say that so, in fact includes Enyeama as one of his options, but seems you guts can't wrap your minds around that. He's back in the fold whether he starts or not is based on his performance in training clearly he would have to show to be better than the others and Rohr made it clear Exenwa is his 4th choice so no argument there.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr on Vincent

Post by 1naija »

Mr Shows wrote:why not post this on the channels tv thread..
Why not go to the channels tv thread?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr on Vincent

Post by 1naija »

Wht did Rohr say he will not tolerate anyone doctating what role or position he plays? Did Vincent try to do that?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Err, because Enyeama himself said so?

[/video]

Min 6.07: Interesting comments from him stating he cannot be a second or third goalie to Carl and others in the National team.
maceo4 wrote: How do you guys deduce that Enteama is retired is beyond me as well. Rohr clearly doesn't say that so, in fact includes Enyeama as one of his options, but seems you guts can't wrap your minds around that. He's back in the fold whether he starts or not is based on his performance in training clearly he would have to show to be better than the others and Rohr made it clear Exenwa is his 4th choice so no argument there.
Published on Oct 8, 2015
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Is there an expiration date on when someone retires or what exactly is your point regarding the date?
Unless you are implying that Enyeama is simply not a man of his word (i.e. a bullshitter) and cannot be trusted.
maceo4 wrote:

[/video]

Published on Oct 8, 2015
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Otitokoro wrote:Is there an expiration date on when someone retires or what exactly is your point regarding the date?
Unless you are implying that Enyeama is simply not a man of his word (i.e. a bullshitter) and cannot be trusted.
maceo4 wrote:

[/video]

Published on Oct 8, 2015
Yes, there is indeed an expiration time as to everything, especially retiring and un-retiring. The date is actually very important because the wounds of the altercation with Oliseh that led to his retirement was still fresh as of the time of the interview (October 2015) shortly after Oliseh himself left. Since then, Rohr has met with him twice, other influential people have intervened, and apparently, hatchets have been buried and no preconditions given. Enyeama has clearly been welcomed back by Rohr (who has listed him among his goalkeepers even in this current Channels interview). We're behaving like un-retiring is new in sports. From Muhammed Ali, Michael Jordan, Roger Milla to Floyd Mayweather, we've seen instances where athletes retire and return. What baffles me is that in the case of Enyeama, he is still an active footballer and never left the game. Played the full season through 2016-17, and is currently recuperating from an ACL injury. A hiatus from the national team is not condemnation to exclusion by rabble - rousers. Enyeama has been stated as being part of the team. Let's leave it at that. It's Rohr's call. He's made his call. Let's respect it.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

My CE brother,

What you are saying makes no sense. All the examples you provided are people who actually retired from the sport and were coaxed out of retirement. This guy never left the sport and so does not fall into that category.

This guy, in his childish fit and blind rage, decided to throw away all his toys out of his crib, only to realize that he needs them back. He actually insinuated in the video that he needs to play on the national team in order to retain his position with his club. Now, his immature decision, which he foolishly did not think through before he made it then, has now come back to hurt him with LOSC Lille stating he is surplus to requirements. Even Oliseh alluded to the fact that his team mates at the time were aware that he sometimes talks without thinking things through (see the Oliseh interview video I provided). His actions at the time and now, are symptomatic of someone who believes he or she is a prima donna. Plain and simple!

I have maintained (and continue to maintain) that the guy is divisive and a trouble maker. When he showed up in camp (when we played South Africa), we lost. When he stayed away (vs. Cameroon), we won. The guy ain't nothing but trouble!
Obong wrote: Yes, there is indeed an expiration time as to everything, especially retiring and un-retiring. The date is actually very important because the wounds of the altercation with Oliseh that led to his retirement was still fresh as of the time of the interview (October 2015) shortly after Oliseh himself left. Since then, Rohr has met with him twice, other influential people have intervened, and apparently, hatchets have been buried and no preconditions given. Enyeama has clearly been welcomed back by Rohr (who has listed him among his goalkeepers even in this current Channels interview). We're behaving like un-retiring is new in sports. From Muhammed Ali, Michael Jordan, Roger Milla to Floyd Mayweather, we've seen instances where athletes retire and return. What baffles me is that in the case of Enyeama, he is still an active footballer and never left the game. Played the full season through 2016-17, and is currently recuperating from an ACL injury. A hiatus from the national team is not condemnation to exclusion by rabble - rousers. Enyeama has been stated as being part of the team. Let's leave it at that. It's Rohr's call. He's made his call. Let's respect it.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

My brother,

Take a chill pill. Haba! Read this line from your response again:
I have maintained (and continue to maintain) that the guy is divisive and a trouble maker. When he showed up in camp (when we played South Africa), we lost. When he stayed away (vs. Cameroon), we won. The guy ain't nothing but trouble!

It screams of bias and a pre-judged opinion. How could you even attribute the loss to South Africa to Enyeama? The man owns a house in Shelter Afrique, Uyo, and was on holidays. He showed up like any responsible and committed team member would to offer support to his team. Anything wrong with that?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

My comments (or bias, according to you) are based solely on HIS own antecedents, nothing more.
Regarding his showing up for the SA game, hey, I ain't sayin' nothing, but just pointing out a fact. He showed up, we lost. He didn't show up, we won (convincinly!). Feel free to draw your own conclusions :winking:

Seriously though, based on his age, it would behoove him to act in a more mature manner. He is just one of many, many patriots that preceded him who shed their blood, sweat and tears for the country without bitching about it. Dude needs to grow up and not expect that everyone should be beholden to him.
Obong wrote:My brother,

Take a chill pill. Haba! Read this line from your response again:

It screams of bias and a pre-judged opinion. How could you even attribute the loss to South Africa to Enyeama? The man owns a house in Shelter Afrique, Uyo, and was on holidays. He showed up like any responsible and committed team member would to offer support to his team. Anything wrong with that?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Okocha retired after 2002 worldcup :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i do not want to yab odas, because he is naturally ill in the head.. however it was very clear hearing Rohr saying Vince dey him plan.. i no sabi where bobo talk say Enyeama no dey..
O'dboy don't follow me all over the place, I am not the type man who do what you do :lol: :lol: :lol: I no dey for "open nyash put OIL." :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bully12 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Was happy about his comments regarding Ikeme and that once he gets better, he will likely be on the WC squad.
Its funny how Rohr shut down the 'fake news' about Enyeama walking back into the team and being #1. That ain't happening. He even confirmed that Ezenwa will more than likely be in goal against Zambia.
Also, it would have nice to know if he was monitoring other players in order to strengthen the squad, like Bonaventure (Club Brugge) in attack or even Kenny Otigba (Ferencvaros) in central defence, players who have been having very good seasons so far.

All in all, interesting video and comments from Gernot Rohr.
I hope Obong does not see these comments .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Make Obong com, we dey wate-am
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Was happy about his comments regarding Ikeme and that once he gets better, he will likely be on the WC squad.
Its funny how Rohr shut down the 'fake news' about Enyeama walking back into the team and being #1. That ain't happening. He even confirmed that Ezenwa will more than likely be in goal against Zambia.
Also, it would have nice to know if he was monitoring other players in order to strengthen the squad, like Bonaventure (Club Brugge) in attack or even Kenny Otigba (Ferencvaros) in central defence, players who have been having very good seasons so far.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I LOVE the comments also. I feel so good! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bully12 wrote:

I hope Obong does not see these comments .
That Heifer will just commit suicide :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:i do not want to yab odas, because he is naturally ill in the head.. however it was very clear hearing Rohr saying Vince dey him plan.. i no sabi where bobo talk say Enyeama no dey..
O'dboy don't follow me all over the place, I am not the type man who do what you do :lol: :lol: :lol: I no dey for "open nyash put OIL." :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys on CE will not kill me with laughter, my family are looking at me as if I have gone bonkers! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

[/video]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have always said that it is important to look down on Maceo in derision.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Otitokoro wrote:Is there an expiration date on when someone retires or what exactly is your point regarding the date?
maceo4 wrote:

[/video]

Published on Oct 8, 2015
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

[/video]

Published on Oct 8, 2015
Yes, there is indeed an expiration time as to everything, especially retiring and un-retiring. The date is actually very important because the wounds of the altercation with Oliseh that led to his retirement was still fresh as of the time of the interview (October 2015) shortly after Oliseh himself left. Since then, Rohr has met with him twice, other influential people have intervened, and apparently, hatchets have been buried and no preconditions given. Enyeama has clearly been welcomed back by Rohr (who has listed him among his goalkeepers even in this current Channels interview). We're behaving like un-retiring is new in sports. From Muhammed Ali, Michael Jordan, Roger Milla to Floyd Mayweather, we've seen instances where athletes retire and return. What baffles me is that in the case of Enyeama, he is still an active footballer and never left the game. Played the full season through 2016-17, and is currently recuperating from an ACL injury. A hiatus from the national team is not condemnation to exclusion by rabble - rousers. Enyeama has been stated as being part of the team. Let's leave it at that. It's Rohr's call. He's made his call. Let's respect it.
You need help, Sir.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Otitokoro wrote:My CE brother,

What you are saying makes no sense. All the examples you provided are people who actually retired from the sport and were coaxed out of retirement. This guy never left the sport and so does not fall into that category.

This guy, in his childish fit and blind rage, decided to throw away all his toys out of his crib, only to realize that he needs them back. He actually insinuated in the video that he needs to play on the national team in order to retain his position with his club. Now, his immature decision, which he foolishly did not think through before he made it then, has now come back to hurt him with LOSC Lille stating he is surplus to requirements. Even Oliseh alluded to the fact that his team mates at the time were aware that he sometimes talks without thinking things through (see the Oliseh interview video I provided). His actions at the time and now, are symptomatic of someone who believes he or she is a prima donna. Plain and simple!

Obong wrote: Yes, there is indeed an expiration time as to everything, especially retiring and un-retiring. The date is actually very important because the wounds of the altercation with Oliseh that led to his retirement was still fresh as of the time of the interview (October 2015) shortly after Oliseh himself left. Since then, Rohr has met with him twice, other influential people have intervened, and apparently, hatchets have been buried and no preconditions given. Enyeama has clearly been welcomed back by Rohr (who has listed him among his goalkeepers even in this current Channels interview). We're behaving like un-retiring is new in sports. From Muhammed Ali, Michael Jordan, Roger Milla to Floyd Mayweather, we've seen instances where athletes retire and return. What baffles me is that in the case of Enyeama, he is still an active footballer and never left the game. Played the full season through 2016-17, and is currently recuperating from an ACL injury. A hiatus from the national team is not condemnation to exclusion by rabble - rousers. Enyeama has been stated as being part of the team. Let's leave it at that. It's Rohr's call. He's made his call. Let's respect it.

These people are horrible! They are sickened by the peace in camp! What they want is for Nigeria to be thrown into jeopardy and then we start losing games.

Look back on our history. Every time there is peace and prosperity, Nigerians start looking for a way to disrupt it! They want anarchy! Si.ck cu.nts!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:

These people are horrible! They are sickened by the peace in camp! What they want is for Nigeria to be thrown into jeopardy and then we start losing games.

Look back on our history. Every time there is peace and prosperity, Nigerians start looking for a way to disrupt it! They want anarchy! Si.ck cu.nts!
Rorh must be the sickest c&*%, oh wait he's not even Nigerian, yet he wants to disrupt peace and wants anarchy! Guess its not just a Nigerian thing...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I don't understand why we are talking of a person (Enyeama) who boldly told the nation he has retired from the national team - the Super Eagles (SE). A person who is a KNOWN trouble maker for that matter. Enyeama has RETIRED from the SE, he must stay away from the SE. Thus far, we are doing very well without him, he cannot use the SE to reignite his career. Make him go, abeg!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Rorh must be the sickest c&*%, oh wait he's not even Nigerian, yet he wants to disrupt peace and wants anarchy! Guess its not just a Nigerian thing...

The one thing you can be sure of Nigerians is that they NEVER learn from the past. Just look back. Look back at our history. Even as recent as 1998 when we thought it was brilliant to bring Rufai back from retirement! Or was it when we thought it was smart to bring Onigbinde back? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I know Nigerians very well. When things are going well, they feel this itch... something makes them deeply unhappy. They just cant believe that peace or success should be allowed to thrive. They need something. just one thing to disrupt it, so they can breathe a sigh of relief.

Anyway, na una know. You can have your Enyeama back if you want. ultimately, if Rohr chooses to bring him back, he will cause discord as he has always done, and Nigeria will not get passed the 2nd round as usual. Then, we will al return back here and speak of "back to the drawing board." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So so so so sad... how a group of people can NEVER learn from the past. So so so sad! whats a disgusting group of people and sick country. imbeciles!