79-yr-old ex-Super Eagles coach files for divorce from his w

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gmoni1
Egg
Egg
79-yr-old ex-Super Eagles coach files for divorce from his w

Post by gmoni1 »

A former Super Eagles coach, Chief Adegboye Onigbinde, has filed a divorce suit against his wife, Abiona, at the Ibadan Customary Grade C Court sitting in Mapo. Onigbinde told the court that his wife is violent and stubborn, adding that she was unwilling to live harmoniously with him.
when both appeared in court, the president of the court, Chief Odunade Adewuyi told the wife about the allegations leveled against her.

When asked if she wanted the marriage to be dissolved, Mrs. Onigbinde replied in the negative, saying she did not know why a divorce suit was filed against her.

The court said: “If his (Onigbinde) prayers are heard by the court, do you think the marriage should not be dissolved? Which steps did you take after your husband complained about these allegations? Does he like your attitude?

Let us say you are the husband and your wife says he doesn’t want something, won’t you know?” The woman replied: “He said he doesn’t like it. He said I’m violent, but it is not so. I called the first child and told him about it.

Also, I told my child and my husband’s elder brother. Our children went to beg him but he refused.” The president and other members of the court, Elder E.A. Ogundipe and Chief Raifu Raji, advised the woman to maintain peace with her husband.

Before the court adjourned hearing in the case, Onigbinde asked if his life would be protected because he was nearly attacked when one of the children and her husband came to his house.

More @www.praizeblog.com/2017/09/79-yr-old-ex ... .html?m=07
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 79-yr-old ex-Super Eagles coach files for divorce from h

Post by Odas »

Chief Onigbinde "asked if his life would be protected because he was nearly attacked when one of the children and her husband came to his house." That allegation in itself is enough to dissolve the marriage before they (the wife, the children and et al.) gangs-up on him or connive and hurt him. There is limit to human endurance. If anyone of the children or wife talks rudely to him, he might react in a way (under annoyance) no one would like and from there ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

pa Oni is in danger, you guys should lend a helping hand..Oloye, Suya,Ayo and the rest...
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

the headline is derogatory to the man and thread starter should apologise
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

jette1 wrote:the headline is derogatory to the man and thread starter should apologise

why apology?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

If you don't leave women; women will leave you.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote:If you don't leave women; women will leave you.
Tired legs?; or something else?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:
Tired legs?; or something else?
Something like that.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Agbaya.... :(
gmoni1
Egg
Egg
Adegboye Onigbinde And Anne's Marriage Dissolved By Court Af

Post by gmoni1 »

Former Super Eagles Head Coach, Chief Adegboye Onigbinde has parted ways with his wife of 3 decades over irreconcilable differences.

A Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan has dissolved the 30-year marriage between Chief Adegboye Onigbinde and his wife Anne because there was no more love between the two. President of the court, Mr. Odunade, however, directed the former Super Eagle Technical Adviser to “pay a cash sum of N5, 000 to enable Anne to move her belongings out of his house.”

Chief Onigbinde had gone to the court asking it to dissolve the marriage, saying his wife was “a wasteful spender and an unrepentant troublemaker.

In his words:

“My lord, with my 79 years of age, I cannot continue to die in the silence of Anne’s litany of problems. “Among many other troubles I have encountered in the hands of Anne, I have also suffered uncountable financial losses during the process of trying to give Anne means of livelihood so that she wouldn’t be idle.

“On three separate occasions, I have established veritable business ventures for her and on each occasion, Anne wrecked the business. “I can’t continue in such wastage. For many years, Anne has been a thorn in my flesh through ceaseless trouble-making as it is one day, one trouble in my home.

“Can you imagine that it was not until only one week to the wedding ceremony of the only daughter she had with me that she informed me?“ In fact, Anne has openly turned daughter against me because she doesn’t take any instruction from me. “Anne is now a bad influence on the daughter and she doesn’t even have any good relationship with the rest of my children. “For instance, when I lost my younger brother, Anne and her daughter refused to be sympathetic by registering any form of. “The list of her misbehaviour is endless, please terminate our union.”

Anne had however opposed the request for divorce and denied all the allegations levelled against her by Onigbinde.

In her words:

“My lord, I have done everything possible to please my husband, but he is refusing to be pacified. “Ever since he got married to another wife 10 years ago, things have changed from bad to worse, as I no longer know how to do things in his presence. “Since then, Onigbinde’s body language is for me to vacate his home; he no longer finds happiness in me.

“On a particular day, just as I opened the door, I came across a snake waiting to harm me, but I raised the alarm and it was killed. “My lord, it was never in our agreement to be parting ways in this manner. “In the interest of the child between us, I have nowhere to go, please, help save my marriage,” Anne pleaded.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/09/cust ... r.html?m=1
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Adegboye Onigbinde And Anne's Marriage Dissolved By Cour

Post by deanotito »

5,000?????

This is why when Africans criticize the western approach to divorce (alimony, spousal support), I always remember what happens in Africa. 5,000??? What on earth is the poor lady supposed to do with 5,000 Naira????? I feel for her
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:5,000?????

This is why when Africans criticize the western approach to divorce (alimony, spousal support), I always remember what happens in Africa. 5,000??? What on earth is the poor lady supposed to do with 5,000 Naira????? I feel for her

Smh.. incredible!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Pa Oni has always been a useless crook...............another wife @ 69years, bloody 1diot. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Guys we need to be sensitive to certain issues in a man's life ...i dont think the man deserves to be ridiculed under this circumstance. I dont even know why this was posted in the first place....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote:Guys we need to be sensitive to certain issues in a man's life ...i dont think the man deserves to be ridiculed under this circumstance. I dont even know why this was posted in the first place....
I was wondering the same too.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The laws in the customary courts are so old that they need to be reviewed. I think the magistrate gave the ex wife what he is allowed within the law.
I am happy
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

He married her when he was 51 then married another wife at 69. ... hmmmm
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Dammy wrote:

The laws in the customary courts are so old that they need to be reviewed. I think the magistrate gave the ex wife what he is allowed within the law.
I suspect so...and like I said, this is why the west is the way it is today. It was essentially a reaction to laws like this.

5,000 = Inhuman treatment. For someone who has depended on this man for livelihood - and probably heeded his advice on which career/business to pursue etc - this is pure cruelty. I tell ladies I know to 'shine their eyes' in marriage....don't go sit in the house depending on some man, who at 79 may decide he doesn't want you any longer. Pursue your education, business, career with verve. Synergize your efforts with your husband's, but don't sit doing nothing. Told my wife the same thing.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: What is she going to do with N5,000.00? How will she feed and take care of herself from now to the rest of her life?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:

I think Pa Onigbinde need to be instructed to present his Bank Account, declare his monthly income and from the figures, the Court should instruct Chief to be paying the woman some amount of money - monthly - depending on how long they were married
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

speak for yourself
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
Dammy wrote:

I think Pa Onigbinde need to be instructed to present his Bank Account, declare his monthly income and from the figures, the Court should instruct Chief to be paying the woman some amount of money - monthly - depending on how long they were married
Many guys these days are kitty cat whipped.

Why would a man whose wife is abusing him, have to pay her a large sum of money when he files for divorce?
That is adding insult to injury! Where does it end?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That's absolutely ridiculous, even if she were a witch.
Women's rights in Nigeria is a joke.
Widows are treated like sh!!t.
Daughters often like lesser humans.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "