Frank De Boer sacked by Palace after 4 games

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Frank De Boer sacked by Palace after 4 games

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:If there waa ever a reason why i refused to go into coaching after football, take a look at the stupid Palace player that misplaced the pass that finally got De Boer sacked!

He controlled the ball far up in the opponents half, brought the ball back towards his own goal, his team mate was at a passing distance and free....what did he do, he opted to make one of the longest back pass to a keeper , in fact if he was thinking of safety and bereft of what to do..tapping the ball into throwing was the safest option. He made a pass that beat all his defenders , got nowhere near his keeper and was sitting pretty for the opposing attacker...bye...De Boer got his sack letter!

I felt like entering my tv and give the racoon of a player a dirty stinging and stinking slap to let him know how i felt.

My advice,stay away from dumb player!

That pass must somehow got back to the coach.
You can see that they are being taught in the training ground to build from the back if there are no passing options in the front.
But the back itself is not organized yet, that's because they are still doing something new to them.
There was going to be more passes like that until the philosophy settled.

That pass must be the one that made the board realise that De Boer's good philosophy will take precious time and need better players, meanwhile relegation fast becoming a likely event, something that is unthinkable given the current whopping TV revenues in EPL.

We might say they panicked, but it must have been a financial decision, avoid relegation, get a "safe pair of hands"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

nemi2002 wrote:5m payoff.

Not too shabby..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anikulapo wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesco ... 265515/amp

Once again you don't know when to be quiet smh .... You no sabi football ... need I bring up the last two times you tried to argue football with me ... Biko go siddon Haba
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did you read the article in the link you are posting??? It repeated my points several times and only repeated one of your points on bad Dutch coaching once! This is Ayo Akinfesque!
Couple an aging generation and outdated coaching methods with a dearth of compelling young talent - or even capable ancillary players like Dirk Kuyt - and there is every reason to fret over the state of the game in the Netherlands.
What's also holding back the Netherlands is a complete and almost blind devotion to Cruyff's philosophy and the 4-3-3, which, according to Ballon d'Or winner and former AC Milan star Ruud Gullit, is no longer feasible for Holland's current crop of players.

"For (Cruyff) it was the only way," Gullit told the Guardian's Donald McRae. "But I said, 'Look, at AC Milan we won year after year with 4-4-2.' He would say, 'Yeah, but that's because ...' But there was no because.
"As we say in Holland, there are different ways to reach Rome. I would tell Johan, 'You can only play your system with very good players.' He could do it with Barcelona, but not when he was at Levante (in 1981)."
Combing the pitches of Amsterdam and nearby cities has always been the preferred way of building teams at Ajax, but it is no longer the beacon of talent or the bastion of power it once was. And when it does produce a player of note, he is gone in his late teens or early 20s, as a prospect and not a fully formed athlete. When Gullit, Dennis Bergkamp, and Marco van Basten all headed to Italy, they were 24 years old.

"Their development still went on a bit but they were complete," Winner said.

Ajax is a pretty good team, but it's now sitting on the second or third rung of European football, financially outmuscled by every Premier League club and several of its German, Spanish, and Italian counterparts. It often cannot afford to keep its young players for too long.
What Ajax and the national team are doing is no longer a surprise. The innovators are trailing behind the competition. Take the 2010 World Cup final: If anyone was playing with true Dutch spirit, it was Spain.

"If you looked at the Dutch national team 20 years ago, against almost any opponent they were playing a technical and tactical way that was different from everybody else. Now it's totally normal to have defenders come into the attack, full-backs playing as wingers, switching into midfield with ease," Winner said.

"When the Dutch were doing it at first it was extraordinary, and it used to give them a great advantage. The Germans and Spanish have learned directly from the Dutch - the Germans especially have this extraordinary system now whereby innovation and development are encouraged everywhere."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Read my posts again!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.naijiant.com/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cic old boy wrote:This reminds me of the old chestnut of coaching - do you fit your system to the players you have, or get the players to fit the system?

I remember Ancelotti saying he preferred the former approach. De Boer (Ajax/Barca approach) thought he could get away with the latter. There's no point trying to play a passing game with players that can't trap a bag of cement.
cic old boy,

Why do you state that they cannot trap a bag of cement. Did they not receive the vaunted football education of Europe?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I think it's silly decision to sack the guy. But good luck to CP.

CP dominated the game except for not scoring. FdB won't get on the field to score goals. What's he to do, when Benteke puffed all day and couldn't score. And Scott Dann messed up a brilliant play which he should have buried.

FdB needed time that CP think they didn't have after just 4 games with 34 games left to go.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Quote:
Couple an aging generation and outdated coaching methods with a dearth of compelling young talent - or even capable ancillary players like Dirk Kuyt - and there is every reason to fret over the state of the game in the Netherlands.
CIC what are you giggling about? You just highlighted what I'm talking about!

Their coaching is outdated and even their people are saying it but you keep crying more than the bereaved ... Oya have it ya way
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anikulapo wrote:CIC what are you giggling about? You just highlighted what I'm talking about!

Their coaching is outdated and even their people are saying it but you keep crying more than the bereaved ... Oya have it ya way
:lol: I'm giggling at YOU b/c your article repeats everything I said and you are the one claiming I don't know about the game!! :lol: :lol:

Here are my quotes:

The problem of rigidly sticking to the system without players to match:
This reminds me of the old chestnut of coaching - do you fit your system to the players you have, or get the players to fit the system?

I remember Ancelotti saying he preferred the former approach. De Boer (Ajax/Barca approach) thought he could get away with the latter. There's no point trying to play a passing game with players that can't trap a bag of cement.
Dutch coaching by another name (the article mentions Spain/Barcelona/Cruyff and Germany, I mentioned Cruyff, Pep)
Dutch coaching is what you have at Man City - Rinus Michels is the grandfather, Cruyff the son, Guardiola the grandchild.
Availability of talent and the system (the article says Gullit told Cruyff he could do it at Barca but not at Levante).
Focus first on what I said earlier - adapt system to suit players or get players to fit the system. Guardiola is doing the same thing as De Boer. The difference is that Guardiola has the means to buy the players to implement the system. It has nothing to do with the success/failure of Dutch coaching.
What is happening to Holland (the article says good youngsters are not coming through and Ajax lacks financial muscle to compete):
Holland is a very small country. They always have slumps in the production of talent. It happened after Cruyff until Gullit and Van Basten turned up. It happened after those two. It is happening now. Nothing to do with the coaching. More about talent not coming through and clubs like Ajax not being able to compete with the European superpowers
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Enugu II wrote: cic old boy,

Why do you state that they cannot trap a bag of cement. Did they not receive the vaunted football education of Europe?
:lol: Enugu, England and Europe are a different ball game footballistically. Controlling the ball is optional in England. :lol: It is the old "hot potato" syndrome - get rid of the ball as quickly as possible, hoof it into Row Z. In the old days, Brian Clough tried to teach them to play: "treat the ball like your girlfriend". :lol:
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

oloye wrote:If there waa ever a reason why i refused to go into coaching after football, take a look at the stupid Palace player that misplaced the pass that finally got De Boer sacked!

He controlled the ball far up in the opponents half, brought the ball back towards his own goal, his team mate was at a passing distance and free....what did he do, he opted to make one of the longest back pass to a keeper , in fact if he was thinking of safety and bereft of what to do..tapping the ball into throwing was the safest option. He made a pass that beat all his defenders , got nowhere near his keeper and was sitting pretty for the opposing attacker...bye...De Boer got his sack letter!

I felt like entering my tv and give the racoon of a player a dirty stinging and stinking slap to let him know how i felt.

Oloye, I just watched a brief highlight of the match. Despite the stupid errors, CP had 5 clear cut chances to win this game, why didn't De Boer bring in his own players, he joined CP in June 2017.

[/video]
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

realtrouble wrote:

Oloye, I just watched a brief highlight of the match. Despite the stupid errors, CP had 5 clear cut chances to win this game, why didn't De Boer bring in his own players, he joined CP in June 2017.

[/video]
He brought one dutch central defender i think, his problem started from the first match as bobo dashed the opponents two goals trying to pass his way out of defence.

There is another lousy dutch defender although he was not brought in by De Boer,Allardycr brought him from Sunderland...Van Anorlt (sic) ,one of the most useless left backs i have seen. Good going forward,but anyone touting him as a defender need to be arrested for attempting to sell fake products.
Palace has always been a basket case, when you have a team always battling relegation in successive seasons,it is a clear sign of trouble and that the players are not good enough. When your best player is Agari Mojo wannabe Zaha....your team is shytee!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Roy Hodgson will be Crystal Palace new Manager.
You have to wonder at FDB's decisions also. If he was brought in to change the footballing philosophy of the team, and it appears he was, what guarantee did he ask for and was given? Given the squad remained the same, you wonder at his decision to take the job...

He tried a passing game vs Huddersfield and lost. At Liverpool he went long ball and lost; vs Burnley he went back to his passing principles and lost...

This is similar to the inconsistency he showed at Inter before getting the pink slip...
Is that inconsistency or simply variation? Or is it inconsistency only when the team loses?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

anikulapo wrote:Dutch coaching is outmoded and outdated .... Just Like their Game .... mscheeeew
Yet, they got to the 2010 WC final and were semi finalist in 2014
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Looking at their next couple of fixtures, whoever takes over will be getting a baptism of fire..
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Oga Chief Tx, absolutely. De Boer was simply desperate to dip his toe into the Premier League pool. Sadly, taking no heed to the warnings, he, wooden clogged waltzed to the deep end amd dived in like a drunk Greg Luganis, name likely misspelt. Palace are sh*t, good ol' British sh*t, greasy spoon, ham, egg and chips British sh*t. He stood no chance and buried himself in timely fashion.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Dutch coaching is outmoded and outdated .... Just Like their Game .... mscheeeew
:lol: easy, he only knows about assnal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:

Dude stick to abusing Arsene
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
anikulapo wrote:CIC what are you giggling about? You just highlighted what I'm talking about!

:lol: I'm giggling at YOU b/c your article repeats everything I said and you are the one claiming I don't know about the game!! :lol: :lol:

Here are my quotes:

This reminds me of the old chestnut of coaching - do you fit your system to the players you have, or get the players to fit the system?

Dutch coaching by another name (the article mentions Spain/Barcelona/Cruyff and Germany, I mentioned Cruyff, Pep)
Dutch coaching is what you have at Man City - Rinus Michels is the grandfather, Cruyff the son, Guardiola the grandchild.
Availability of talent and the system (the article says Gullit told Cruyff he could do it at Barca but not at Levante).
Focus first on what I said earlier - adapt system to suit players or get players to fit the system. Guardiola is doing the same thing as De Boer. The difference is that Guardiola has the means to buy the players to implement the system. It has nothing to do with the success/failure of Dutch coaching.
What is happening to Holland (the article says good youngsters are not coming through and Ajax lacks financial muscle to compete):
Holland is a very small country. They always have slumps in the production of talent. It happened after Cruyff until Gullit and Van Basten turned up. It happened after those two. It is happening now. Nothing to do with the coaching. More about talent not coming through and clubs like Ajax not being able to compete with the European superpowers

I am also a of the same opinion, i am wondering what exact is outdated about Dutch style of coaching.

I saw Van Goal come to United and try a philosophy that was not much different to Guardiola and De Boer, he also struggled with lack of proper players for his ambitions.
He even started off with 3 at the back that was critic back then but the trick of the moment currently Becky Conte won the league with it.

Nothing outdated about Dutch style in my opinion, i am with you on this CiC.

And i think De Boer would have been more suited to a team like Swansea that has been passing it for ages despite their limited resources.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I said this about De Boer in August:
danfo driver wrote:
anointed wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
oloye wrote:All these small teams are useless...yesterday it was Leicester
Huddlesfield are beating Crystal palace 3-0 now......EPL go sweet.
Why is there no welcome thread for Frank De Boer sef? tfco and the other usual suspect forummers are not doing their jobs.

Interestingly, De Boer is presently one of the worst coaches in Europe. has been a failure in almost every job, if not every job, he has had.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281997&p=5066882&hi ... r#p5066882

He doesnt deserve to be fired, But the biggest issue is that he should NEVER have been hired. I have know he was horrible as a coach from his time at Ajax. he is truly bad.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Here are my quotes:

I am also a of the same opinion, i am wondering what exact is outdated about Dutch style of coaching.

I saw Van Goal come to United and try a philosophy that was not much different to Guardiola and De Boer, he also struggled with lack of proper players for his ambitions.
He even started off with 3 at the back that was critic back then but the trick of the moment currently Becky Conte won the league with it.

And i think De Boer would have been more suited to a team like Swansea that has been passing it for ages despite their limited resources.
If you have watched De Boer for years, you'll know that his biggest problem is that he is inept. He doesnt know tactics. lol. Has nothing to do with passing or whatever philosophy. He has built his coaching career on his famous name.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote:
mcal wrote:...the atrocious display by the players cost the coach his job. Too many misses.
They were unlucky.
I remember one well hit shot at goal and it found a Burnley player standing on the goal line. Another day it was straight in, 1-1
...true, but that give away pass that led to the 1 goal for Burnley, more like a period of insanity on the player who back passed.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Here are my quotes:

If you have watched De Boer for years, you'll know that his biggest problem is that he is inept. He doesnt know tactics. lol. Has nothing to do with passing or whatever philosophy. He has built his coaching career on his famous name.
That would be one area we can debate upon, i haven't followed the guy before.

Now if he is truly inept, that should beg the question why Crystal Palace chose him in the first place.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
That shameless old man has been scheming behind the scene as soon as they smelt De Boer was in trouble. Even went to the papers last week saying he is interested in the job.
The problem is he and his English Coaches frown at foreign Managers but they have been foreign coaches in their careers.

Man has the players to play kick and rush. Pulis and big Sam left him with the players.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
You have to wonder at FDB's decisions also. If he was brought in to change the footballing philosophy of the team, and it appears he was, what guarantee did he ask for and was given? Given the squad remained the same, you wonder at his decision to take the job...

He tried a passing game vs Huddersfield and lost. At Liverpool he went long ball and lost; vs Burnley he went back to his passing principles and lost...

This is similar to the inconsistency he showed at Inter before getting the pink slip...
Problem is we do not know the promises they made and he made. Both sides disappointed in each other will be the conclusion.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.