Frank De Boer sacked by Palace after 4 games

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Frank De Boer sacked by Palace after 4 games

Post by Waffiman »

De Boer sacked by Crystal Palace after 4 games. It seems there is very little point trying long-term "philosophy" at a club focused purely on EPL survival.

So all the plans and ideas are binned after 4 defeats and it is back to the drawing Board of kick and rush football, if the rumours of Hodgson being De Boer's replacement are correct.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Frank De Boer sacked by Palace after 4 games

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Dutch coaching is outmoded and outdated .... Just Like their Game .... mscheeeew
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

This reminds me of the old chestnut of coaching - do you fit your system to the players you have, or get the players to fit the system?

I remember Ancelotti saying he preferred the former approach. De Boer (Ajax/Barca approach) thought he could get away with the latter. There's no point trying to play a passing game with players that can't trap a bag of cement.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anikulapo wrote:Dutch coaching is outmoded and outdated .... Just Like their Game .... mscheeeew
Dutch coaching is what you have at Man City - Rinus Michels is the grandfather, Cruyff the son, Guardiola the grandchild.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

cic old boy wrote:This reminds me of the old chestnut of coaching - do you fit your system to the players you have, or get the players to fit the system?

I remember Ancelotti saying he preferred the former approach. De Boer (Ajax/Barca approach) thought he could get away with the latter. There's no point trying to play a passing game with players that can't trap a bag of cement.
I thought they did well in the second half and were very unlucky, They should have let Sakho return and if result does not change then they sack him....too early IMHO
Oya back to the matter
open and close
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cic old boy wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Dutch coaching is outmoded and outdated .... Just Like their Game .... mscheeeew
Dutch coaching is what you have at Man City - Rinus Michels is the grandfather, Cruyff the son, Guardiola the grandchild.

Spending a billion pounds on players can make any coach look somewhat successful ... Negro focus on ya blog abeg .... go and look at what's going on in Holland and see how much the demand for Dutch coaching has fallen.

Notice you stopped at City :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

anikulapo wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Spending a billion pounds on players can make any coach look somewhat successful ... Negro focus on ya blog abeg .... go and look at what's going on in Holland and see how much the demand for Dutch coaching has fallen.

:agree: :agree:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If there waa ever a reason why i refused to go into coaching after football, take a look at the stupid Palace player that misplaced the pass that finally got De Boer sacked!

He controlled the ball far up in the opponents half, brought the ball back towards his own goal, his team mate was at a passing distance and free....what did he do, he opted to make one of the longest back pass to a keeper , in fact if he was thinking of safety and bereft of what to do..tapping the ball into throwing was the safest option. He made a pass that beat all his defenders , got nowhere near his keeper and was sitting pretty for the opposing attacker...bye...De Boer got his sack letter!

I felt like entering my tv and give the racoon of a player a dirty stinging and stinking slap to let him know how i felt.

My advice,stay away from dumb player!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the atrocious display by the players cost the coach his job. Too many misses.
carbon
Egg
Egg

Post by carbon »

oloye wrote:If there waa ever a reason why i refused to go into coaching after football, take a look at the stupid Palace player that misplaced the pass that finally got De Boer sacked!

He controlled the ball far up in the opponents half, brought the ball back towards his own goal, his team mate was at a passing distance and free....what did he do, he opted to make one of the longest back pass to a keeper , in fact if he was thinking of safety and bereft of what to do..tapping the ball into throwing was the safest option. He made a pass that beat all his defenders , got nowhere near his keeper and was sitting pretty for the opposing attacker...bye...De Boer got his sack letter!

I felt like entering my tv and give the racoon of a player a dirty stinging and stinking slap to let him know how i felt.

Oloye, I was shocked to see that kind of pass at that level. Under hit and right in the middle. If he was unsure or not mentally ready that early, boot it upfield and apologise to your team mates later.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

carbon wrote:
oloye wrote:If there waa ever a reason why i refused to go into coaching after football, take a look at the stupid Palace player that misplaced the pass that finally got De Boer sacked!

Oloye, I was shocked to see that kind of pass at that level. Under hit and right in the middle. If he was unsure or not mentally ready that early, boot it upfield and apologise to your team mates later.
Some players will kill their coaches ....me i cannot allow players to send me to an early grave. One cannot emphaise enough the importance of that match....seriously i an inclined to believe that guy did it delibrately. That pass made no sense at all....i pray am wrong...but such is my anger and distrust of certain players even at this level. The more i watched that pass the more i struggle to understand what that player waa trying to do, if the pass was meant for the keeper,then sorry it did not even have enough power to travel the distance.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

5m payoff.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

oloye wrote:
carbon wrote:

Some players will kill their coaches ....me i cannot allow players to send me to an early grave. One cannot emphaise enough the importance of that match....seriously i an inclined to believe that guy did it delibrately. That pass made no sense at all....i pray am wrong...but such is my anger and distrust of certain players even at this level. The more i watched that pass the more i struggle to understand what that player waa trying to do, if the pass was meant for the keeper,then sorry it did not even have enough power to travel the distance.
No wonder Oloye Jnr no dey play ball and prefer Rugby ha ba :rotf: How can he do it deliberately :tic:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

anikulapo wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

There's nothing wrong with spending a billion pounds on quality players that fit your style. You'd be surprised how many coaches who wouldn't get the best out of this City side. Pep is a good coach abeg.

I think smaller clubs with lower quality players shouldn't worry about long term philosophies and just stick to pragmatism.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

There's nothing wrong with spending a billion pounds on quality players that fit your style. You'd be surprised how many coaches who wouldn't get the best out of this City side. Pep is a good coach abeg.

I think smaller clubs with lower quality players shouldn't worry about long term philosophies and just stick to pragmatism.

It seems that you have missed the point

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Prince wrote:
oloye wrote:
carbon wrote:

No wonder Oloye Jnr no dey play ball and prefer Rugby ha ba :rotf: How can he do it deliberately :tic:
Let me just say this.....players can be diabolical :lol: If they want to get you sackes...you will be sacked... :D

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Roy Hodgson will be Crystal Palace new Manager.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anikulapo wrote:

Focus first on what I said earlier - adapt system to suit players or get players to fit the system. Guardiola is doing the same thing as De Boer. The difference is that Guardiola has the means to buy the players to implement the system. It has nothing to do with the success/failure of Dutch coaching.

Holland is a very small country. They always have slumps in the production of talent. It happened after Cruyff until Gullit and Van Basten turned up. It happened after those two. It is happening now. Nothing to do with the coaching. More about talent not coming through and clubs like Ajax not being able to compete with the European superpowers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:Roy Hodgson will be Crystal Palace new Manager.
That shameless old man has been scheming behind the scene as soon as they smelt De Boer was in trouble. Even went to the papers last week saying he is interested in the job.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote:...the atrocious display by the players cost the coach his job. Too many misses.
They were unlucky.
I remember one well hit shot at goal and it found a Burnley player standing on the goal line. Another day it was straight in, 1-1
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:Roy Hodgson will be Crystal Palace new Manager.
You have to wonder at FDB's decisions also. If he was brought in to change the footballing philosophy of the team, and it appears he was, what guarantee did he ask for and was given? Given the squad remained the same, you wonder at his decision to take the job...

He tried a passing game vs Huddersfield and lost. At Liverpool he went long ball and lost; vs Burnley he went back to his passing principles and lost...

This is similar to the inconsistency he showed at Inter before getting the pink slip...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cic old boy wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Focus first on what I said earlier - adapt system to suit players or get players to fit the system. Guardiola is doing the same thing as De Boer. The difference is that Guardiola has the means to buy the players to implement the system. It has nothing to do with the success/failure of Dutch coaching.

Holland is a very small country. They always have slumps in the production of talent. It happened after Cruyff until Gullit and Van Basten turned up. It happened after those two. It is happening now. Nothing to do with the coaching. More about talent not coming through and clubs like Ajax not being able to compete with the European superpowers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesco ... 265515/amp

Once again you don't know when to be quiet smh .... You no sabi football ... need I bring up the last two times you tried to argue football with me ... Biko go siddon Haba

MLK.