Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 57093
wiseone wrote:
Not one single person has picked Algeria. They have really ruined their reputation with their horrid form over the past year. This is a team that 1 year ago was the most feared team in Africa, and which at the last WC gave world champs Germany their toughest game. They took the world champs to extra-time and Germany won after a goal in the dying moments of the game.


Algeria can't defend
Algeria can't pass the ball

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 6760
The old guard have failed Africa. We need fresh blood, i.e. team that are yet to make it to WC
so I'll go with

Zambia
Guinea
Burkina Faso
Cape Verde
Ghana

_________________
Uzoho -- Shehu, TroostEkong, Balogun, Awaziem -- Onazi, Ndidi, Iwobi, Musa -- Kalu, Success


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2666
DRCongo
Nigeria
Cote d'Ivoire
Senegal or Burkina Faso
Ghana or Egypt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 915
Rawlings wrote:
The old guard have failed Africa. We need fresh blood, i.e. team that are yet to make it to WC
so I'll go with

Zambia
Guinea
Burkina Faso
Cape Verde
Ghana

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10525
The way the qualification went, many of Africa's best players will not be at the WC (Keita, PEA, Mahrez, Wanyama, Aurier, Ghoulam, Brahimi etc).

So what is the best 11 from the teams that qualified?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2666
Interesting exercise:

GK: El Hadary (Egypt) (due to lack of options)
CB: Salif Sane (Senegal), Koulibaly (Senegal) (yes, both ahead of Mehdi Benatia)
RB: Achraf Hakimi (Morocco)
LB: Adama Mbengue (Senegal)
DM: Wilfried Ndidi (Nigeria)
MF: Amine Harit (Morocco)
AM: Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)
LW: Sadio Mane (Senegal)
RW: Mohamed Salah (Egypt)
ST: No standout - I would go with Kelechi Iheanacho actually, because he's the most prolific; else someone from Senegal (Niang, Sow, Sakho, Konate)

So: Tunisia 0, Egypt 2, Nigeria 2, Morocco 3, Senegal 4

---

If we go 3-5-2:
GK: El Hadary (Egypt) (due to lack of options)
CB: Salif Sane (Senegal), Koulibaly (Senegal), Mehdi Benatia (Morocco)
RWB: Victor Moses (Nigeria)
LWB: Sadio Mane (Senegal)
DM: Wilfried Ndidi (Nigeria)
MF: Amine Harit (Morocco)
AM: Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)
FW: Mohamed Salah (Egypt)
ST: Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 42838
wiseone wrote:
The way the qualification went, many of Africa's best players will not be at the WC (Keita, PEA, Mahrez, Wanyama, Aurier, Ghoulam, Brahimi etc).

So what is the best 11 from the teams that qualified?



How are they Africa's best players?

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 6019
Nigeria
Egypt
Zambia
Morroco
Ivory Coast

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10525
I think your 3-5-2 line-up looks stronger. It is embarrassing that 45 (or 46?!) yo El-Hadary is the "best" GK Africa can field at the WC.

marutimon wrote:
Interesting exercise:

GK: El Hadary (Egypt) (due to lack of options)
CB: Salif Sane (Senegal), Koulibaly (Senegal) (yes, both ahead of Mehdi Benatia)
RB: Achraf Hakimi (Morocco)
LB: Adama Mbengue (Senegal)
DM: Wilfried Ndidi (Nigeria)
MF: Amine Harit (Morocco)
AM: Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)
LW: Sadio Mane (Senegal)
RW: Mohamed Salah (Egypt)
ST: No standout - I would go with Kelechi Iheanacho actually, because he's the most prolific; else someone from Senegal (Niang, Sow, Sakho, Konate)

So: Tunisia 0, Egypt 2, Nigeria 2, Morocco 3, Senegal 4

---

If we go 3-5-2:
GK: El Hadary (Egypt) (due to lack of options)
CB: Salif Sane (Senegal), Koulibaly (Senegal), Mehdi Benatia (Morocco)
RWB: Victor Moses (Nigeria)
LWB: Sadio Mane (Senegal)
DM: Wilfried Ndidi (Nigeria)
MF: Amine Harit (Morocco)
AM: Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)
FW: Mohamed Salah (Egypt)
ST: Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benedict Iroha, Bing [Bot], bushboy, EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, gflexie, Google [Bot], guesswho, marko, zee and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group