Ezenwa fast becoming a fans favorite

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Ezenwa fast becoming a fans favorite

Post by Tobi17 »

Never seen a goal keeper as consistent as this lad, dude has been on top form in almost every competition he has been involved in, he was the one that ensured that our CHAN team qualified with his heroic save, he was immense in the world cup qualifiers against Cameroon, and in today's Wafu cup I followed the match updates and he was once again magnificent, making about 4 point blank saves against Sierra Leone, we won the game by 2-0 win, left for me he deserves that #1 short going fiteard.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ezenwa fast becoming a fans favorite

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I like the guy but I'd rather go with Vince or a healthy Ikeme against teams like Argentina,Germany or France, if, I stress if we qualify for the wc. Wafu cup and Cameroon are not the same as the wc.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

Ikeme is out for a considerable length of time and highly doubtful will be back by the time WC starts. If so then his international career is effectively over.

What we should be looking for now is who will back up Ezenwa.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Its a Goal wrote:Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

Ikeme is out for a considerable length of time and highly doubtful will be back by the time WC starts. If so then his international career is effectively over.

Vince has not retired from football and be back in a good team soon.
OCCUPY NFF!!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

Vince has not retired from football and be back in a good team soon.

How do we indeed move forward? Vince has retired please let him stay retired and let's move on with ezenwa
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I like the guy but I'd rather go with Vince or a healthy Ikeme against teams like Argentina,Germany or France, if, I stress if we qualify for the wc. Wafu cup and Cameroon are not the same as the wc.
And i am guessing Argentina did not score against Vince? :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Actually every SE player is now a fan favorite. ..that 4 zip vs Team like les lions made many naija folks super ....if the qualify for Russia they will get more love compared to this
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Pure rubbish, when did Vince retire? 1998 and how are they related
SuperEagles

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

He should stop that nonsense celebration!!! he needs to be creative in his own way of celebrating ..not copying the Congolese goalkeeper :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Bigpokey24[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

Pure rubbish, when did Vince retire? 1998 and how are they related
Enyeama used his mouth talk he no do again. Let the man be. We are on to a winning team let's not start looking backward to those who may destabilize such harmony and comradeship.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

#1 Ey
#2 Ez

:D
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He has done enough to earn the starting spot for the last 2 qualifiers, but would go with Ikeme or Enyeama if either of them return to full fitness and get significant playing time at their clubs after the qualifiers. Many also claim there are better keepers in the NPFL. Would like to see some of the other "better" keepers tested in friendlies after the qualifiers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Senator WIRES wrote:He should stop that nonsense celebration!!! he needs to be creative in his own way of celebrating ..not copying the Congolese goalkeeper :lol: :lol:
Another monkey see monkey do...I hope you are aware Ezenwa has been doing that celebration since u20s. ..I wish you were next to me so I can konk your head
SuperEagles

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He stills need more development.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

History has a funny way of repeating itself.

Retired players comebacks with SE don't often end well.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

oloye wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I like the guy but I'd rather go with Vince or a healthy Ikeme against teams like Argentina,Germany or France, if, I stress if we qualify for the wc. Wafu cup and Cameroon are not the same as the wc.
And i am guessing Argentina did not score against Vince? :D

:mrgreen:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

olu wrote:He has done enough to earn the starting spot for the last 2 qualifiers, but would go with Ikeme or Enyeama if either of them return to full fitness and get significant playing time at their clubs after the qualifiers. Many also claim there are better keepers in the NPFL. Would like to see some of the other "better" keepers tested in friendlies after the qualifiers.
Even if he returns to active pro footy (which I'm not confident he will) I doubt Ikeme will be in top shape in time for the world cup. He has it all to do just to get healthy.

Enyeama himself publicly stated he was done with international footy and so far all I've seen is hearsay and second hand gist regarding his change of heart. And to add to the he's out of a club and been injured for a minute. That's a lot to overcome.

Yes there's a risk going with Ezenwa but let's keep in mind that this same Enyeama as a greenhorn was thrust into the spotlight against England at the world cup proper and if my memory serves me correctly was the only goalie that played against England in that tourney to hold them scoreless.

Personally I don't think this should be an issue. The team will only be better off having both of them regardless of who gets the starting job.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Yemster, thanks jare. The discussion is a no brainer... At the moment we only have one keeper in form and that is Ezenwa. For now, he is Nigeria's number one full stop... Ikeme will need time to recover and then several months to regain form. Magnet needs to get fit and back playing first team football and that is a few months off also.

Ezenwa has earnt the right to don the shirt on merit. I am not sure how much of an impact the new goal keeping coach has made on his confidence but they should continue working on him. If and when Magnet returns, there will be no automatic shirt, let him come and fight for first spot.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ezinwa should be encouraged. I can sleep better knowing Akpeyi is not in goal. Vince return would definitely be temporary and he should fight for his place rather than handed to him.

On the saves I the WAFU cup, not taking anything away from him, were the strikers just woeful or just incredible saves? Would we have gotten away with those lapses against top teams and strikers?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: Ezinwa should be encouraged. I can sleep better knowing Akpeyi is not in goal. Vince return would definitely be temporary and he should fight for his place rather than handed to him.

On the saves I the WAFU cup, not taking anything away from him, were the strikers just woeful or just incredible saves? Would we have gotten away with those lapses against top teams and strikers?
Good question. It is a combination of both. If you look at SL's last goal attempt that Ezenwa saved you could tell Ezenwa had already gotten into the player's head hence why he rushed his shot. These are the qualities that define good goal keepers as they make their opponent second guess how to place their shot.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:Never seen a goal keeper as consistent as this lad, dude has been on top form in almost every competition he has been involved in, he was the one that ensured that our CHAN team qualified with his heroic save, he was immense in the world cup qualifiers against Cameroon, and in today's Wafu cup I followed the match updates and he was once again magnificent, making about 4 point blank saves against Sierra Leone, we won the game by 2-0 win, left for me he deserves that #1 short going fiteard.
From the two games I saw him play (our games with Cameroon), I believe the young man is good and will likely get better. I think Carl is our number one keeper and Ezenwa is next. Thus in the absence of Carl, Ezenwa is our number one keeper
Last edited by Odas on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Its a Goal wrote: Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

KPAM! :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

When was the last time you saw Vince keep? You can't select first team player based on Nostalgia. Or would you rather see Taribo West and Yobo pair up as our CDs at the WC because of you remember when they were great defenders? To me if Ikeme is healthy there is no room for Vincent unless he wants to be the third choice goalkeeper. If Ikeme is well but not match fit by the WC then Vincent will make a solid #2. I dont see him ever becoming our first choice goalkeeper again unless both Ezenwa and Ikeme are injured.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.