Ezenwa fast becoming a fans favorite

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ezenwa fast becoming a fans favorite

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Actually every SE player is now a fan favorite. ..that 4 zip vs Team like les lions made many naija folks super ....if the qualify for Russia they will get more love compared to this
Look at this man! Here you go again!! We or they are not talking of other players, they (we) are talking of a "specific player" and his name is "EZENWA", the goalkeeper who is performing better than expected both with the CHAN Eagles and the Super Eagles. I can see you are trickishly looking to get Mikel inserted into this discussion like you always do. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Last edited by Odas on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

osita wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

Ikeme is out for a considerable length of time and highly doubtful will be back by the time WC starts. If so then his international career is effectively over.

What we should be looking for now is who will back up Ezenwa.
Vince has not retired from football and be back in a good team soon.
How do we indeed move forward? Vince has retired please let him stay retired and let's move on with ezenwa
:agree: :agree: :agree: Enyeama has retired from the Super Eagles (SE), people should stop bringing-up his name in discussions concerning the current SE players. He doesn't want the SE, the SE and its fans doesn't want Enyeama either. The man should please move-on!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I like the guy but I'd rather go with Vince or a healthy Ikeme against teams like Argentina,Germany or France, if, I stress if we qualify for the wc. Wafu cup and Cameroon are not the same as the wc.
When was the last time you saw Vince keep? You can't select first team player based on Nostalgia. Or would you rather see Taribo West and Yobo pair up as our CDs at the WC because of you remember when they were great defenders? To me if Ikeme is healthy there is no room for Vincent unless he wants to be the third choice goalkeeper. If Ikeme is well but not match fit by the WC then Vincent will make a solid #2. I dont see him ever becoming our first choice goalkeeper again unless both Ezenwa and Ikeme are injured.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I can endure and reluctantly accept such, but I will be watching Vince with 20 eyes in that case.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

Ikeme is out for a considerable length of time and highly doubtful will be back by the time WC starts. If so then his international career is effectively over.

Pure rubbish, when did Vince retire? 1998 and how are they related
This Bigpokey24 na real "yeye." When did Vince retire? Have you forgotten he announced his own retirement and annoyingly left the Super Eagles Camp after insulting his SUPERIOR? O'dboy, please go back to school - mumu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

pajimoh wrote:Ezinwa should be encouraged. I can sleep better knowing Akpeyi is not in goal. Vince return would definitely be temporary and he should fight for his place rather than handed to him.

On the saves I the WAFU cup, not taking anything away from him, were the strikers just woeful or just incredible saves? Would we have gotten away with those lapses against top teams and strikers?

True Bros, when you see an assured keeper in goal that organizes the defense without fidgeting at every moment and shouting, then there is much confidence. Prefer Ezenwa all day to our man in South Africa. He apparently lost some confidence after getting to S.A, he was not like that while in the Nigerian league. Not sure what happened to him.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The boy deserves a chance, when Vince announced his retirement I respected it and wished him the best I was so proud that we found Ikeme, we've stumbled on a gem in Ezenwa and I recall we have a goalkeeping coach and something seems to be working in that department.
Let Vince enjoy his retirement (it shouldn't be a sabbatical) we need to work on what we've got.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:The boy deserves a chance, when Vince announced his retirement I respected it and wished him the best I was so proud that we found Ikeme, we've stumbled on a gem in Ezenwa and I recall we have a goalkeeping coach and something seems to be working in that department.
Let Vince enjoy his retirement (it shouldn't be a sabbatical) we need to work on what we've got.
you know you don't have to comment on everything .. your worthless thoughts aren't needed on my forum
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...retired from international football?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote:

...retired from international football?
Pretty sure Rohr has let us know that he's not...unless you guys have some other info we are not aware of.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

:blink: bros..U sure? :blink: :blink: :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

make I no lie Ezenwa surprised me vs Cameruin...at one point Issa Hayatou vex enter Uyo field, marched the ref straight towards our goalpost and why he gree us field two keepers..imagine the nerve! :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]paj[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

From international football I am sure.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enzenwa is turning out to be the kung fu keeper with the way he took out the Ghanaian striker today. Anybody who thinks he's ready to man the at a WC is just an enemy of progress. He has taken out 2 strikers in just 3 weeks already. He wouldn't have it to HT of a WC game before giving up 2 pks.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Enzenwa is turning out to be the kung fu keeper with the way he took out the Ghanaian striker today. Anybody who thinks he's ready to man the at a WC is just an enemy of progress. He has taken out 2 strikers in just 3 weeks already. He wouldn't have it to HT of a WC game before giving up 2 pks.
A goalie should put the fear of God in strikers.

Unfortunately, some of us didn't have that trait during our golden years.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Enzenwa is turning out to be the kung fu keeper with the way he took out the Ghanaian striker today. Anybody who thinks he's ready to man the at a WC is just an enemy of progress. He has taken out 2 strikers in just 3 weeks already. He wouldn't have it to HT of a WC game before giving up 2 pks.
I'll take a kungfu keeper than a father Christmas one. Apkeyi has the potential to distribute goals like his village is called"Grotto"
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

When Carl and Vince are fit, Ezenwa will be 3rd choice.(as of mow, he is our number 1)..however i am glad he Kung fu (ed)the crap put of a ghanaman in ghana..beating ghana in ghana
SuperEagles

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]paj[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Ezenwa has earned the right to be the #1 keeper. Vince has retired so please let us not make the mistake of 1998 WC where we recalled a retired Rufai enjoying his time on the Brazilian beach to come and man the post. If we don't give it to Ezenwa now when do we? Are we not supposed to be building up his confidence and profile rather than hold them back?

From international football I am sure.
That really doesn't matter. Retirement in sports doesn't mean anything.

So I am not sure why we keep mentioning this. Players go in and out of retirement as they please.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
A goalie should put the fear of God in strikers.

Unfortunately, some of us didn't have that trait during our golden years.
I agree, but it has to be done with carefulness instead of such that the goalkeeper bags a penalty and perhaps a RED CARD
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I like the guy but I'd rather go with Vince or a healthy Ikeme against teams like Argentina,Germany or France, if, I stress if we qualify for the wc. Wafu cup and Cameroon are not the same as the wc.
When was the last time you saw Vince keep? You can't select first team player based on Nostalgia. Or would you rather see Taribo West and Yobo pair up as our CDs at the WC because of you remember when they were great defenders? To me if Ikeme is healthy there is no room for Vincent unless he wants to be the third choice goalkeeper. If Ikeme is well but not match fit by the WC then Vincent will make a solid #2. I dont see him ever becoming our first choice goalkeeper again unless both Ezenwa and Ikeme are injured.
Ok, Once Enzenwa finally gets exposed we'll start our usual fire brigade approach all over again.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:When Carl and Vince are fit, Ezenwa will be 3rd choice.(as of mow, he is our number 1)..however i am glad he Kung fu (ed)the crap put of a ghanaman in ghana..beating ghana in ghana
Look at this mumu! What is "MOW? I thought you are very good in typing and is also very good in English Language? Again, what is "mow?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:When Carl and Vince are fit, Ezenwa will be 3rd choice.(as of mow, he is our number 1)..however i am glad he Kung fu (ed)the crap put of a ghanaman in ghana..beating ghana in ghana
Look at this mumu! What is "MOW? I thought you are very good in writing and is also very good in English Language? Again, what is "mow?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you should learn this quote that you have on your signature..Odas if you need help let me know, I am here to guide you
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

paj wrote:make I no lie Ezenwa surprised me vs Cameruin...at one point Issa Hayatou vex enter Uyo field, marched the ref straight towards our goalpost and why he gree us field two keepers..imagine the nerve! :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The tin hapon for my face, I see am-oo!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Look at this mumu! What is "MOW? I thought you are very good in writing and is also very good in English Language? Again, what is "mow?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you should learn this quote that you have on your signature..Odas if you need help let me know, I am here to guide you
You continue to encourage yourself to head to the wrong direction; thereby, opening yourself to be laughed at. Please what is "MOW"? Answer the question! I thought you are a very good typist and you know English Language very well :curse: :curse: . Again, what is "MOW?" :lol: :lol: