Anyone Notice the Latest FIFA Rankings? 9ja Dropped ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Anyone Notice the Latest FIFA Rankings? 9ja Dropped ...

Post by Kabalega »

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ ... n/caf.html

Looking at CAF's top 15...
Tunisia, Guinea, Morocco, Cape Verde and Uganda are climbing.

Cape Verde jumped up 47 places! :shock: :shock:
Why did they tumble in the first place?

CIV is steady with no changes while the rest tumbled.

Naija dropped by 6 positions. :ohmy:
If they had avoided the WC qualifiers altogether they would have climbed instead. :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Anyone Notice the Latest FIFA Rankings? 9ja Dropped ...

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ ... n/caf.html

If they had avoided the WC qualifiers altogether they would have climbed instead. :lol:
Typical skinny long legged bird mentality :taunt: :tic: We don't care if we are ranked 1000 as long as we beat all comers and qualify for the WC, you (Uganda) can stay at home and be ranked the top team in Africa :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Every team in the top 10 dropped several places apart from Tunisia and CIV.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Orion wrote:Every team in the top 10 dropped several places apart from Tunisia and CIV.
When your ranking is high you can only improve by playing and beating higher ranking teams. That is why winning against lower ranked African teams will not improve your ranking. However the lower ranking teams will improve by getting some result against higher ranked teams
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

pajimoh wrote:
Orion wrote:Every team in the top 10 dropped several places apart from Tunisia and CIV.
When your ranking is high you can only improve by playing and beating higher ranking teams. That is why winning against lower ranked African teams will not improve your ranking. However the lower ranking teams will improve by getting some result against higher ranked teams

FIFA needs to come up with a better system. The European teams have an unfair advantage
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:
I see? So Naija gained nothing when they beat lower ranked Cameroon, but when the SE drew later in the week, Cameroon gained points and the mighty Naija dropped points?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
I see? So Naija gained nothing when they beat lower ranked Cameroon, but when the SE drew later in the week, Cameroon gained points and the mighty Naija dropped points?

How many games has naija lost that accounts for a drop in ranking?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Morocco gained a few positions.

However, it is the next several positions where you see many gems in the climbers, before the tumblers show up again.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

bret- hart wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

FIFA needs to come up with a better system. The European teams have an unfair advantage
We should not care too much as long as we are winning the matches we are meant to win and we qualify for the WC.

When qualification is secured by God's grace and we want to boost our ego (while preparing for the 'Oyinbos' we will face in Russia), we can schedule friendlies against Iceland (22), Northern Ireland (20), Mexica (14), Wales (13, Peru (12) and Poland (6).

That should send us shooting up the rankings quickly.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

How many did they win that accounted for their climb when they were idle during AFCON?
Abeg, it is time for Naija to schedule another friendly game against Luxembourg before things get out of hand. :lol: :lol:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

How many did they win that accounted for their climb when they were idle during AFCON?
Abeg, it is time for Naija to schedule another friendly game against Luxembourg before things get out of hand. :lol: :lol:
What climb? Naija is not in the top 20 and you'e talking about climb? We don't measure climb like Uganda measures climb? :sneaky: :twisted: We've climbed to 5th position before. Where we are is nothing. The most important thing is having a formidable team. Let others worry about rankings
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bret- hart wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

We just need to set up out HB eagles to play Leitchestein, Andorra, Gilbrata and San Marinos of the world if you want to be in the top 20. Imagine those 'Agidi' teams have better coefficient than African teams.

Our main team can also take on the likes of Iceland, Turkey, Rep of Ireland who are all beatable and ranked in the top 40
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

What climb? Naija is not in the top 20 and you'e talking about climb? We don't measure climb like Uganda measures climb? :sneaky: :twisted: We've climbed to 5th position before. Where we are is nothing. The most important thing is having a formidable team. Let others worry about rankings
We got there with the old coefficient setup. The current one makes it almost impossible for African teams to move into top 5 unless you play UEFA and COMNEMBOL teams every chance you get.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Belgium is 5th. Not surprisingly. See where all their players are plying their trades.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief, please pardon me, but I think you are beginning to lose your mind
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Odas wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief, please pardon me, but I think you are beginning to lose your mind
The guy is just a classless low life always attacking and wanting to mess other African countries. Did you see his thrust of the thread he opened about Muntari?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

anointed wrote:
Odas wrote:

The guy is just a classless low life always attacking and wanting to mess other African countries. Did you see his thrust of the thread he opened about Muntari?
Now you're attacking the messenger?
Ghanaweb and an Italian news source published Muntari's wahala.

As for rankings, where were you when Naija was climbing up in rankings without kicking a ball, while AFCON participants were dropping?
Now that Naija is active again, they like water, are finding out their true level.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Kabalega wrote:
anointed wrote:
Odas wrote:

As for rankings, where were you when Naija was climbing up in rankings without kicking a ball, while AFCON participants were dropping?
Now that Naija is active again, they like water, are finding out their true level.
I'm talking about your posts/thrusts; you are talking about what Italians and Ghanaweb are saying. Remain classless.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

anointed wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
anointed wrote:
Odas wrote:

I'm talking about your posts/thrusts; you are talking about what Italians and Ghanaweb are saying. Remain classless.
Why don't you attack the original writers and FIFA instead of picking on an innocent messenger?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote:
anointed wrote:
Odas wrote:

Nigeria's true level is in the World Cup. Uganda will come close like Ethiopia and Zimbabwe before them and lose out.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kabalega wrote:
anointed wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
anointed wrote:
Odas wrote:

Why don't you attack the original writers and FIFA instead of picking on an innocent messenger?
The question for you is why are you selectively picking negative stories on African teams genetically superior to yours? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
anointed wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
anointed wrote:
Odas wrote:

The question for you is why are you selectively picking negative stories on African teams genetically superior to yours? :idea:
You dey mind the pathological hater? He's trying to cover up with Italian media and Ghanaweb as they helped put highlights, emojis in his posts or all together construct his comments.

As a man peels his amatokis, he shall slip on them.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

anointed wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
anointed wrote:
Odas wrote:

The question for you is why are you selectively picking negative stories on African teams genetically superior to yours? :idea:[/quote]
You dey mind the pathological hater? He's trying to cover up with Italian media and Ghanaweb as they helped put highlights, emojis in his posts or all together construct his comments.

As a man peels his amatokis, he shall slip on them.[/quote]

You people should leave Kabalega. They Cranes now have the respect of Egyptian teenagers in Malls and an improved FIFA ranking. They are 2nd in their World Cup group, and they almost beat Nigeria a decade ago in Abeokuta. They beat Nigeria in 1978, and saved the Bredas from the Eagles. They have 3 decent ballers on their team. Onyango. Okwi & Miya.

That is a lot to celebrate and get excited by.

Watch your back though. The Bredas are angry & are now coached by James Appiah. They are playing well, but probably can't make it to the World Cup. They will likely take their frustration out on you in Kampala. As they showed with small Congo, getting a draw in Ghana may not save you from a 5 goal thumping in Uganda.