Victor Moses: I don't Choose Games to Play for SE......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Victor Moses: I don't Choose Games to Play for SE......

Post by Enugu II »

EXCLUSIVE: Victor Moses – I don’t choose games I play for Nigeria
By admin - September 12, 2017504 0
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/09/12/e ... r-nigeria/
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Odion Ighalo and Victor Moses celebrate the Eagles opening goal vs Cameroon
Chelsea star Victor Moses has for the first time cleared the air over allegations that he chooses the games he plays for the country after telling SCORENigeria he will be the last player to do so as he always wants to give 100% for Nigeria and not look stupid.

The winger, who was instrumental to the Eagles home win and away draw against Cameroon in last week World Cup qualifiers, told scorenigeria.ng that he would be last player to select games to play in the national team.

The Chelsea wing-back said he is disappointed by such insinuation in some quarters in Nigeria and insisted that he would look stupid not to give his 100% for his country when he is on the pitch.

“Yes, everyone says that I select games. I have heard it myself,” he told SCORENigeria

“But it is what it is. I never run away from challenges. I love to play football, why would I run away from playing football? That is what we are meant to do.

“But people keep saying that I choose games for Nigeria… But I need to clear the air now, that is not true.

“If I have got Injury, I have got Injury. Whenever I want to play for Nigeria, I must be 100%, I want to give everything. But if I have got an injury, I don’t want to force myself because I am going to look stupid on the pitch.”

Victor Moses, 26, made his Nigeria debut in 2012 when he changed his international allegiance after he represented England after various age-grade levels.

He has since won AFCON 2013 and featured at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses: I don't Choose Games to Play for SE......

Post by Odas »

He said he has heard people say he chooses games to play for Nigeria which makes it hard for me to say otherwise, else I would have I doubted if such is what people believed. However, considering he - in most cases - seem to get injured close to when we have a game to play and after playing for his club, makes his injuries suspicious a lot of times.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Odas wrote:He said he has heard people say he chooses games to play for Nigeria which makes it hard for me to say otherwise, else I would have I doubted if such is what people believed. However, considering he - in most cases - seem to get injured close to when we have a game to play and after playing for his club, makes his injuries suspicious a lot of times.
well i guess he know his own body more than anyone else. as much as i am bitter -we just have to accept it -lets face it the only key game he missed in last 2-3yrs was the Zambia away game - Mikel was also like this 5yrs ago - when he was top form with chelsea
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I have never doubted Moses's commitment to the cause. And he is so important to both country and club.

He should continue to work on his game. May God continue to bless his work.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:He said he has heard people say he chooses games to play for Nigeria which makes it hard for me to say otherwise, else I would have I doubted if such is what people believed. However, considering he - in most cases - seem to get injured close to when we have a game to play and after playing for his club, makes his injuries suspicious a lot of times.
As I said it isn't fair to yab you. .just look at the rubbish you posted...my goodness. Do you actually analyze your thoughts. ..or you just spill out the first thoughts
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
As I said it isn't fair to yab you. .just look at the rubbish you posted...my goodness. Do you actually analyze your thoughts. ..or you just spill out the first thoughts
Mumu, I am NOT a Community College graduate, nor am I of your level in education. Based on your recommendation that I should take classes in a Community College makes me wonder what you have been doing since you got to the United States of America - 30 years ago. You need to go back to school and stop the "grocery bagging" job you have been doing for years. Such a job is ok while in school, else it leads you nowhere :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the main issue, in the article did Moses not say people think he chooses the games he wants to play? In many cases, did Moses or his club not say Moses is (suddenly) injured, yet he played to the end or almost to the end of their last game? If such were the cases - as we all know - except you, why should people not think he chooses the games he wants to play and why should people believe he was injured in all of those instances? Moses said he heard people say so and I cannot doubt such; however, I am one of the people who believed not all his injury "claims" were REAL. :curse: :curse:

Oh! sorry, I forgot you are a Community College graduate (if you did graduate) and you have no analytical sense. Therefore, you didn't understand what Moses was saying or "implying" and why he said it, as well as why people accused him of choosing the games he wants to play. Please, stop OPENING nyash :tic: :tic:
Last edited by Odas on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I BELIEVE MOSES SELECTS HIS MATCHES AND, FOR HIM...

...I think it's understandable. Given his club situation - all the loan outs and how close he came to ending up on some lesser club to being a starter in a top flight club - he needs to be sure he remains in good standing in a club where the competition is stiff. He needs to take care of his personal interest and not sacrifice his future needlessly for Nigeria. Nigeria can either have him for the big matches or lose him completely. They shouldn't force him to choose between club and country. He and coach Rohr need to come to some understanding. Others in a similar situation should receive similar consideration.
Bell
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bell wrote:I BELIEVE MOSES SELECTS HIS MATCHES AND, FOR HIM...

...I think it's understandable. Given his club situation - all the loan outs and how close he came to ending up on some lesser club to being a starter in a top flight club - he needs to be sure he remains in good standing in a club where the competition is stiff. He needs to take care of his personal interest and not sacrifice his future needlessly for Nigeria. Nigeria can either have him for the big matches or lose him completely. They shouldn't force him to choose between club and country. He and coach Rohr need to come to some understanding. Others in a similar situation should receive similar consideration.
Bell
I disagree! I don't think Moses selects his matches.

Chelsea selects the matches for him. :twisted:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mumu, I am NOT a Community College graduate, nor am I of your level in education. Based on your recommendation that I should take classes in a Community College makes me wonder what you have been doing since you got to the United States of America - 30 years ago. You need to go back to school and stop the "grocery bagging" job you have been doing for years. Such a job is ok while in school, else it leads you nowhere :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the main issue, in the article did Moses not say people think he chooses the games he wants to play? In many cases, did Moses or his club not say Moses is (suddenly) injured, yet he played to the end or almost to the end of their last game? If such were the cases - as we all know - except you, why should people not think he chooses the games he wants to play and why should people believe he was injured in all of those instances? Moses said he heard people say so and I cannot doubt such; however, I am one of the people who believed not all his injury "claims" were REAL. :curse: :curse:

Oh! sorry, I forgot you are a Community College graduate (if you did graduate) and you have no analytical sense. Therefore, you didn't understand what Moses was saying or "implying" and why he said it, as well as why people accused him of choosing the games he wants to play. Please, stop OPENING nyash :tic: :tic:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Story
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved