Chukwu & Rangers FIRE Sylvanus Okpala.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chukwu & Rangers FIRE Sylvanus Okpala.....

Post by Enugu II »

This after Okpala guides Rangers away from relegation....
Chukwu sacks coach Okpala, management, says he wants new life for Rangers
By admin - September 12, 2017165 0
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/09/12/c ... r-rangers/
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Sylvanus Okpala – Sacked after seven matches in charge of Rangers
Coach Sylvanus Okpala and his assistants have been sacked by Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu, who says he plans to bring new life to the deposed league kings.

Okpala guided Rangers through seven matches in the concluded season in which the club struggled to survive relegation, finishing the campaign on 13th position with 53 points.

The coach played for Rangers and was a member of the Green Eagles squad who won the 1980 Africa Cup of Nations.

He also helped late Stephen Keshi tinker the Super Eagles who won AFCON 2013 in South Africa.

Also sacked are the executive committee of ‘The Flying Antelopes’.

Chukwu told Scorenigeria.com.ng that he took the decision in order to usher in a fresh beginning at the club.

“We took the decision to inject new life into the club”, Chukwu said.

“We are yet to decide if any of the sacked management or technical crew will have to re-apply if such a person still have the desire to be part of the coming management committee or technical crew.”

However, when contacted over the new development, coach Okpala said he was hearing it for the first time from Scorenigeria.com.ng

“I’m hearing this for the first time from you”, he said.

Okpala took over Rangers coaching job from Chukwuma Agbo following disappointing performance in the concluded season.

Agbo was assistant coach to Imama Amapakabo and took over headship of the team following the dismissal of Amapakabo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chukwu & Rangers FIRE Sylvanus Okpala.....

Post by cic old boy »

Where is that thread when Chukwu was appointed? I said he lacked the management expertise. He has turned reigning champions into a laughing stock.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cic old boy wrote:Where is that thread when Chukwu was appointed? I said he lacked the management expertise. He has turned reigning champions into a laughing stock.
Cic,

I felt exactly the same way as you did when he was appointed. I remember commenting that Imama was as good as gone or something close to that. That has happened and now this..
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Enugu II wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Where is that thread when Chukwu was appointed? I said he lacked the management expertise. He has turned reigning champions into a laughing stock.
Cic,

I felt exactly the same way as you did when he was appointed. I remember commenting that Imama was as good as gone or something close to that. That has happened and now this..
I felt exactly the same way when he was appointed as eagles coach. He used about 700 players and failed to produce a good squad.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

is he the coach; and if you cant answer that question then gerratohia!!
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

C3 can do no wrong, i dont care if he sends them to division 4 :mad: anyway i is everybody elses fault
Oya back to the matter
open and close
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Good job CCC - great but belated move :thumb: :thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Say it ain't so... :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cic,

I felt exactly the same way when he was appointed as eagles coach. He used about 700 players and failed to produce a good squad.
Sir V, CCC was still a way BETTER SE coach than Betty and Lagerbeer combined!! :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cic,

Sir V, CCC was still a way BETTER SE coach than Betty and Lagerbeer combined!! :D
:) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why would they sack Okpala?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Chukwu is the problem with Rangers..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Vasco Da Gama,

Plateau United are the reigning Champions.

Thanks.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

truetalk wrote:
Vasco Da Gama,

Plateau United are the reigning Champions.

Thanks.
Rangers were reigning champs when Chukwu took over.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The way that man sat in the VIP box when i saw him in Markurdi and had people fawning all over him...i saw a man reigning over an empire...a mini empire.

Okpalla does not take nonsense ,i wont be suprised if he had a falling out with nkwobi and odeku loving CCC. Talk of ingratitude this is the definition....chairman you fall for my hand sha,because after you Hafia is the next best thing that thrilled me in the colours of the flying antelope...why now? Because he refused to become a member of the yessir choir?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cic,

Still selling that CCC sh1te bag decades later :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Where is Abubakar when you need him :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote:Still selling that CCC sh1te bag decades later :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Still better than you peddling fraudulent 'natural' AIDS medication (and thus prolly killing humans)... :roll:

Meanwhile, Chukwu's SE lost LESS competitive games in the three years that he was at the helm than your "artiste" idol Betty lost in his one year (or less) tenure, went further in the ANC and actually scored more goals in just ONE ANC game (4 vs South Africa) than shitty Betty's team managed in the entire 2008 ANC. FACTS! Not wet dreams and feelings!! SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
rafflick
Egg
Egg

Post by rafflick »

Gotti wrote:

Still better than you peddling fraudulent 'natural' AIDS medication (and thus prolly killing humans)... :roll:

Meanwhile, Chukwu's SE lost LESS competitive games in the three years that he was at the helm than your "artiste" idol Betty lost in his one year (or less) tenure, went further in the ANC and actually scored more goals in just ONE ANC game (4 vs South Africa) than shitty Betty's team managed in the entire 2008 ANC. FACTS! Not wet dreams and feelings!! SMDH
Dang Gotti! take it easy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

80 fire 80
Goldenera94
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

oloye wrote:The way that man sat in the VIP box when i saw him in Markurdi and had people fawning all over him...i saw a man reigning over an empire...a mini empire.

Okpalla does not take nonsense ,i wont be suprised if he had a falling out with nkwobi and odeku loving CCC. Talk of ingratitude this is the definition....chairman you fall for my hand sha,because after you Hafia is the next best thing that thrilled me in the colours of the flying antelope...why now? Because he refused to become a member of the yessir choir?
Oloye, you guys are looking at the wrong parameters. Judging from the overall results, there was clearly a player/coaching imbalance in the squad and only good management saved the Rangers from going down. Chukwu made the right call by switching coaches when he did and even though Okpalla succeeded in the task that was given to him, it is hard not to notice that the Rangers were still not winning the games they were supposed to win so again, Chukwu's decision to overhaul the entire team is quite sound :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote:

You forgot to mention the t-shirts!

10 years of peddling the same sh1te. Even the font has not changed :lol: :lol:

His Empty Grandiloquence... :clap: :clap:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

txj wrote:
Gotti wrote:

You forgot to mention the t-shirts!

10 years of peddling the same sh1te. Even the font has not changed :lol: :lol:

His Empty Grandiloquence... :clap: :clap:

He mentioned facts. Chukwu went further than Vogts at the ANC. Chukwu' s team scored more goals against South Africa than Vogts' team did throughout the 2008 ANC. He lost fewer competitive games in 3 years than Vogts than Vogts did in a year. Even if these facts bore you they are still facts and you have not disputed them.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Oloye, you guys are looking at the wrong parameters. Judging from the overall results, there was clearly a player/coaching imbalance in the squad and only good management saved the Rangers from going down. Chukwu made the right call by switching coaches when he did and even though Okpalla succeeded in the task that was given to him, it is hard not to notice that the Rangers were still not winning the games they were supposed to win so again, Chukwu's decision to overhaul the entire team is quite sound :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
How about judging from the fact that he took over a team that were league champions and they became relegation candidates under his watch?