Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M ($240,000) To His First Academy

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg
Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M ($240,000) To His First Academy

Post by onwuatuegwu »

Arsenal Star Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M ($240,000) To His First Academy, ASJ of Eziobodo

By austin -September 8, 2017

Arsenal youngster, Kelechi Nwakali, has been handed jersey no. 25 at Dutch top league side VVV Venlo after he personally requested for it as a tribute to his boyhood hero and ex-Arsenal star Nwankwo Kanu..

According to Scorenigeria.com.ng, officials have revealed that the the Nigeria U20 skipper has also generously donated $240,000 to his academy, ASJ of Eziobodo, near Owerri..

Nwakali, who captained the Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets to a FIFA U17 World Cup triumph in Chile, two years ago, is on loan at VVV Venlo from Premier League side Arsenal.

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/arsenal-s ... es-240000/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M ($240,000) To His First Aca

Post by Damunk »

onwuatuegwu wrote:Arsenal Star Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M ($240,000) To His First Academy, ASJ of Eziobodo

By austin -September 8, 2017

Arsenal youngster, Kelechi Nwakali, has been handed jersey no. 25 at Dutch top league side VVV Venlo after he personally requested for it as a tribute to his boyhood hero and ex-Arsenal star Nwankwo Kanu..

According to Scorenigeria.com.ng, officials have revealed that the the Nigeria U20 skipper has also generously donated $240,000 to his academy, ASJ of Eziobodo, near Owerri..

Nwakali, who captained the Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets to a FIFA U17 World Cup triumph in Chile, two years ago, is on loan at VVV Venlo from Premier League side Arsenal.

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/arsenal-s ... es-240000/
Not sure of the source, but if this is true:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Following in the huge footsteps of the legendary King Kanu.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

No disrespect , but does the kid have that type of money to donate? This news seems fake.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Wow if this is true!! Then God bless this guy
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Hmmm... Is he even making that much in a year right now?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

osita wrote:No disrespect , but does the kid have that type of money to donate? This news seems fake.
Also, $240k just seems such an arbitrary figure. $50k, $100k, even $200k or $250k ok, but $240?

Hmm. Odd.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Look at all the broke azzes doubting the story and questioning the amount.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

He hasnt forgotten his roots. Still he needs to avoid the Nigerian curse of messing with his hair. Look at how Onazis football dropped once he started dying his hair. Jay Jay couldnt win APOY after frequent visits to the beauty saloon.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

osita wrote:No disrespect , but does the kid have that type of money to donate? This news seems fake.
Depends on their lifestyle! Most footballers at this level earn enough to donate such an amount, even at the beginning of their careers.

The big question is their lifestyle, how much they spend and how much they save.

All those broke footballers just have abysmal financial planning.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tbite wrote:
Depends on their lifestyle! Most footballers at this level earn enough to donate such an amount, even at the beginning of their careers.

The big question is their lifestyle, how much they spend and how much they save.

How much do you think he could be making? Just hazard a guess.
I highly doubt he makes up to 20k a week. By the time you remove all the deductibles and daily expenses do you see him saving that much in a year? Then turn around and hand it over to some academy?

Story sounds nice but I think the number seem fishy.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I'd believe a donation of $24k. But $240k sounds highly unlikely.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cito wrote:
Tbite wrote:

How much do you think he could be making? Just hazard a guess.
I highly doubt he makes up to 20k a week. By the time you remove all the deductibles and daily expenses do you see him saving that much in a year? Then turn around and hand it over to some academy?

Story sounds nice but I think the number seem fishy.
I saw the base salary of some obscure Nigerian player in a div 2 league, somewhere like Romania. Dude was on something like $350,000. What do you think is the median salary of footballers in the top 2 divisions across Europe. I am under the impression that it is high, lets say around $200,000, but maybe I am wrong. Here is one indication

The most fishy thing here is Nwakali's age, he is new to the game, so would have had less time to save, furthermore young footballers are more likely to be given bogus contracts (i.e. earning peanuts until they turn 18 or renew their contracts).

Footballers just don't know how to save and invest. I know of people personally with heavy taxes, earning less than footballers that within a space of just around 8 years turned it into a good fortune.

Plus their lifestyles are ridiculous. They make more than enough money to be able to donate hefty amounts of money, heck it might even help them with taxes. But I agree with you, it is unlikely due to his age.

but if I hear that a 26 year old footballer who has been in the game is struggling in a reasonable league, I will slap that person. Footballers need a good education. All that money miss road. Even Obafemi Martins still hasn't learned his lesson.

There are very few of them with Brains like Didier Drogba
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I dont even know why the first thing anyone would do after reading something like this is to question if the boy has such money to donate :scared: Me i dont call people names....but abeg that kind mindset needs an overhaul, na bad belle dem dey call am!

Even if na 1k he gave, appreciate his sense of appreciation and charity ,then move on!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

PLUS...

...this may be an investment wrongly reported as a donation.
Bell
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

oloye wrote:I dont even know why the first thing anyone would do after reading something like this is to question if the boy has such money to donate :scared: Me i dont call people names....but abeg that kind mindset needs an overhaul, na bad belle dem dey call am!

Even if na 1k he gave, appreciate his sense of appreciation and charity ,then move on!
Absolutely. There is actually a possibility no one has yet looked at. Many of our players are in deals with the academies so they personally get a share from the Academy's transfer fee. I have a feeling he let go of that share as a donation in appreciation of their effort towards his growth.

That will make a lot of sense.
To stop trying is to start dying
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote:I dont even know why the first thing anyone would do after reading something like this is to question if the boy has such money to donate :scared: Me i dont call people names....but abeg that kind mindset needs an overhaul, na bad belle dem dey call am!

Oloye I don't think it's bad bele to question something that doesn't seem likely. Most were actually not questioning the gesture but rather the accuracy of the reported amount.

This kid has been in the game for about a year plus and going by reported nacho's base weekly, and knowing Arsenal,he could be on around 10k a week(520k). So after taxes, agent fees, daily expenses and all deductibles, he empties his account and gives to this academy? Do the maths bro.

Cmon bro it's just common sense. He wasn't a high profile signing that commands the huge bucks and has been in the game for so short a time so I find it highly unlikely he can afford that as a gift.

But mind you even if na 250k Naira, it is a solid gesture.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cito wrote:

Oloye I don't think it's bad bele to question something that doesn't seem likely. Most were actually not questioning the gesture but rather the accuracy of the reported amount.

This kid has been in the game for about a year plus and going by reported nacho's base weekly, and knowing Arsenal,he could be on around 10k a week(520k). So after taxes, agent fees, daily expenses and all deductibles, he empties his account and gives to this academy? Do the maths bro.

Cmon bro it's just common sense. He wasn't a high profile signing that commands the huge bucks and has been in the game for so short a time so I find it highly unlikely he can afford that as a gift.

But mind you even if na 250k Naira, it is a solid gesture.
Not everyone hugs money like their life depends on it, why all these calculations ? Na your money? Abeg chop opa and clean mouth :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I don't think anybody is attacking the donation. At his age and professional level some of us are surprised that he has that much to donate. We are therefore wondering if there is no mistake in the report. If he has indeed given that amount to his academy it is impressive and shows that he has a good heart. I just hope that he is putting away enough for rainy days
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Thanks you very much Kele. God bless you. I hope this kind of announcement will not compromise you and your family's security. They should not have written the amount he donated, regardless of the amount
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

pajimoh wrote:Thanks you very much Kele. God bless you. I hope this kind of announcement will not compromise you and your family's security. They should not have written the amount he donated, regardless of the amount
Kpom!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

When you have this type of mind set is why NIGERIA is the pit $#% it is. Some young dude donates some crazy money and your mind set is ' wetin concern me with how he made his money' .

Has it come to your thinking that the report may be wrong? No bad belle there, recently in PH some young dude I heard gave 20million to Police officers to release him after he was alleged to have decapitated his niece Body for sale.investigation is on to find out how he made that kind of amount.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This Nwakali, is either on IG, or getting one story after the other in sone naija media. ...however we are yet to read about his football...nah real wah
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

osita wrote:

When you have this type of mind set is why NIGERIA is the pit $#% it is. Some young dude donates some crazy money and your mind set is ' wetin concern me with how he made his money' .

Has it come to your thinking that the report may be wrong? No bad belle there, recently in PH some young dude I heard gave 20million to Police officers to release him after he was alleged to have decapitated his niece Body for sale.investigation is on to find out how he made that kind of amount.
Dude we know how he made his money, na you wan know how he arrived at the sum of 240 something thousand. It is not rocket science that some contracts were signed that involved some huge sum of money being paid. He did not sign for Obanta or Abia united ,he signed for a club that pays in foreign currency and this has been over a year now.

Dont get things mixed up trying to cover ya roforofo Eze Natty longer throat syndrome :lol: The boy can easily give away double of that if the the love of money is not his god!
Now you are comparing some PH guy whom we dont know his profession who bribed policemen to a young boy with visible means of employment , one who gave back to the Academy that made him...wow talk of trying hard to dig oneself deeper into a pit....man mi that is comparing apples to sour bananas!

He has a job that pays decent money in foreign currency too and he was not signed for free aka sign on fee, never mind the bonuses! :thumbs:

Abeg leave kolanut shell alone dem nor dey eat that one. Osita make you nor fall for my hand o!