Davide Zappacosta: New Chelsea Right Back

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Davide Zappacosta: New Chelsea Right Back

Post by deanotito »

From what I hear, this boy ain't no joke. And Italian to boot. I would have preferred Oxlaid Chamberlain...Vic Mo go put that one for bench...but this guy...I no too sure

Yem, Conte...how far na...our boy, Vic Mo, needs playing time. We dey go World Cup

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... a-11158673

Chelsea player ratings as Davide Zappacosta shines on full debut in 6-0 thrashing of Qarabag

Goals from Pedro, Davide Zappacosta, Cesar Azpilicueta, Tiemoue Bakayoko and a double for Michy Batshuayi were enough to seal the rout

COMMENTS
BYJOHN CROSS
21:45, 12 SEP 2017
SPORT

Chelsea got off to the perfect start on their return to the Champions League as they hammered Qarabag 6-0 at Stamford Bridge.

Goals from Pedro, Davide Zappacosta , Cesar Azpilicueta, Tiemoue Bakayoko and a double for Michy Batshuayi were enough to seal the rout.

Spaniard Pedro swept home brilliantly early on, before Zappacosta's cross-cum-shot looped over the goalkeeper to make it 2-0 on his full debut.

Azpilicueta headed home to make it 3-0, then Bakayoko netted his first Blues goal before a double from Batshuayi put the icing on the cake.

Here are the full player ratings from our man John Cross...

READ MORE
Chelsea 6-0 Qarabag: Antonio Conte's men run riot to get Blues off to perfect start - 5 talking points
Courtois 6

Could have taken the night off in a very one-sided game. Barely troubled.

Azpilicueta 7

Scored a terrific header and looked very solid in defence. Very consistent.

Christensen 6

Played in the middle of the three, looked composed but was rarely troubled.

Cahill 6

Booked. Shown a yellow card for a brutal foul on his return after a domestic ban.

Zappacosta 8

MotM. Chelsea fans have found themselves a new hero. Brilliant goal, energetic display.

Kante 6

Busy but Chelsea were so dominant he did not have much defensive work to do.

Fabregas 7

A delicious cross for Azpilicueta’s goal. A class act who will be vital in Europe.

Alonso 7

Enjoyed getting forward in the absence of much defending to be done.

Willian 7

Looked really sharp, drove forward and looked to make things happen.

Pedro 7

Started the rout with a fabulous goal, excellent performance and subbed early.

Batshuayi 6

Scored a couple of late goals, including a terrific 20 yard strike, to make up for some earlier frustrations.
Last edited by deanotito on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Davide Zappacosta: New Chelsea Right Back

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dude get a hold of yourself. ....my goodness, I watched the game. Qarabag..are the worst champs league team in the competition. Go to espn3.com and watch the game, instead of coming here losing sleep over a match vs Qarabag. .I bet you cannot name 3 players who started for Qarabag
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The dude watched Chelsea vs teabags run come open tred on CE. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Dude get a hold of yourself. ....my goodness, I watched the game. Qarabag..are the worst champs league team in the competition. Go to espn3.com and watch the game, instead of coming here losing sleep over a match vs Qarabag. .I bet you cannot name 3 players who started for Qarabag
Do you people read? I could care less about Qarabag. The guy was motm in a chelsea team that had a good contingent of the starting 11. I wouldn't care if they played Enugu Rangers. I care about who Vic Mo's competition is. Mr Zappacosta will get some runs....Last season, Conte did not even play Mikel against the Quarabags of this world
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Victor Moses is still the first choice right back. It'll take more than one game against scrubs, given Victor Moses was in the Premier League team of the season last year.

And its not like his form has tailed off.

Its competition, but Chelsea also has some 60 games this season, if the CL goes well.

The one who should be worried is Aina.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

marutimon wrote:Victor Moses is still the first choice right back. It'll take more than one game against scrubs, given Victor Moses was in the Premier League team of the season last year.

And its not like his form has tailed off.

Its competition, but Chelsea also has some 60 games this season, if the CL goes well.

The one who should be worried is Aina.
Okay. If Conte begin mess up, I go hol' you like police dey hold conductor for belt 8-)
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

It would be a travesty if conte were to make this boy first choice ahead of moses.
Moses has given everything to this club
overcoming unbelievable odds to establish himself in the first team playing while playing in an unfamiliar role
If conte tries this nonsense he will suffer for it.
Last edited by smartbrother on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

its freaking Qarabag, relax man.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Zappacosta-wetin?

No worry.

Make Conte venture play am at the Brittania (or is it Bet635) on a rainy winter night...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Zappacosta-wetin?

No worry.

Make Conte venture play am at the Brittania (or is it Bet635) on a rainy winter night...
:rotf: you dey mind am..the Moses we don see this season and vs Cmerooon. .no be small man talk
SuperEagles

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

[/video]
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

The above clip is manipulative, as Zappacosta had a one-off assist season. He had 5 assists last season as compared to 8 in his entire career.

ATTACKIWISE:
Zappacosta has scored 8 goals and made 9 assists in 9564 minutes of top level football (at Serie A or Serie B level, I could count lower levels but his stats would just drop even further). Thats 0,07 goals and 0,08 assists per game. Key passes per career: 0,8.
Victor Moses has 44 goals and 35 assists in 18914 minutes of top level football (EPL or Championship football). Thats 0,21 goals and 0,17 assists per 90 minutes. Key passes per career: 0,9

Zappacosta's goal was a fluke cross and the number of goals he has to his name proves it.

DEFENSIVELY:
The difference in defensive stats is marginal. But Moses functioned as a wing back, while Zappacosta as a right back, so he will have higher defensive stats than last season.

Lets look at completion rates:
ZAPPACOSTA:
Tackles: 44%
Dribbles: 33%
Average duels won: 40%
Lost possession per game: 1,9

MOSES:
Tackles: 50%
Dribbles: 67%
Average duels won: 51%
Lost possession per game: 1,4

Zappacosta is a better crosser, but Moses is a better attacker by far and much more of a threat. He also adds a wild card factor.

Besides we are talking about Victor Moses, an EPL Team of the Season player vs Zappacosta, who was deemed nowhere near the best in Italy.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Comparing stats from Series A and the EPL....why dem no compare National teams stats.? :D
SuperEagles

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Moses should join Arsenal.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

realtrouble wrote:Moses should join Arsenal.
Bros don't wish this young man bad luck in life,I will not support him join beloved under Wenger,Wenger will bench him for his English clowns like Walcrap. The boy target is to win multiples EPL and dream of wining CL. Someth g Wenger can't offer him.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

kajifu wrote:
realtrouble wrote:Moses should join Arsenal.
Bros don't wish this young man bad luck in life,I will not support him join beloved under Wenger,Wenger will bench him for his English clowns like Walcrap. The boy target is to win multiples EPL and dream of wining CL. Someth g Wenger can't offer him.
Tbh, Moses can lead a resurgence of that team. If AW hands him "the keys", I think he will halt their decline, and probably lurch them forward
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I was at the game last night.
Against really poor competition, there was nothing impressive about Zappacosta. Yes he's all action, but his decision making is poor and he certainly doesn't know the position well. Even his goal shows how poor his execution is: he meant to cross that ball.
Last season, Vic Mo had no real understudy. At best, Zappacosta will play when Vic needs a rest.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I fear this is the end of Victor Moses
He should request a transfer to Watford
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Why isn't this thread posted in the main Chelsea thread?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

Zappacosta can't clean Moses boots. The guy I saw yesterday cant play ahead of VM.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote:I was at the game last night.
Against really poor competition, there was nothing impressive about Zappacosta. Yes he's all action, but his decision making is poor and he certainly doesn't know the position well. Even his goal shows how poor his execution is: he meant to cross that ball.
Last season, Vic Mo had no real understudy. At best, Zappacosta will play when Vic needs a rest.
leave them , we go see, there is no wing back in the EPL better than Moses.. this is a FACT and not because he plays for my SE.. this is the same rubbish they started doing with Mikel. Lets see what happens vs assnal...
SuperEagles

oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
waka-man wrote:I was at the game last night.

leave them , we go see, there is no wing back in the EPL better than Moses.. this is a FACT and not because he plays for my SE.. this is the same rubbish they started doing with Mikel. Lets see what happens vs assnal...
No sane coach will play Zappacosta over Moses on a regular bases. At least not this 2017 VM, maybe a couple of years bback but not today. Zapp is a good sub, i like him.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kabalega wrote:Why isn't this thread posted in the main Chelsea thread?
i agree this thread should be moved to the Chelsea season thread
SuperEagles