Felliani, man united fans come in

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Felliani, man united fans come in

Post by marko »

The name Felliani often brings mixed responses, is he really that bad a player? Remember when he was at Everton, he was a decent player, played as an attacking midfield player, when he joined united, he has been played out of position, i think he is a decent player by and large, nobody can bring the ball down like him on his chest, even in tight spaces, when he gets up front, he is more than an attacking threat with his height and he can lay on a ball or 2 for his team mates, yesterday, Pogba was not missed at all and will probably not be missed for all his wonderful technique, now we have Matic, i believe Herrera can play the Pogba role

Rigjt now, i think Felliani has proven himself and he is a big asset to our squad
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Felliani, man united fans come in

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:The name Felliani often brings mixed responses, is he really that bad a player? Remember when he was at Everton, he was a decent player, played as an attacking midfield player, when he joined united, he has been played out of position, i think he is a decent player by and large, nobody can bring the ball down like him on his chest, even in tight spaces, when he gets up front, he is more than an attacking threat with his height and he can lay on a ball or 2 for his team mates, yesterday, Pogba was not missed at all and will probably not be missed for all his wonderful technique, now we have Matic, i believe Herrera can play the Pogba role

Rigjt now, i think Felliani has proven himself and he is a big asset to our squad
Yesterday i went with my mate to watch the game at a good pub, the atmosphere can be good as well

So when Pogba pulled his hamstring, there were moans and groans from the United faithful watching the game with me.
And the groans were worse when Felliani was standing by the touchline ready to replace Pogba
The guy keeps proving fans wrong, good managers like LVG and Mourinho see something in him
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Please MOD we do have manu thread, so should I open a thread about Walcott Or Wilshire ?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

do u think Felliani will make the Naija team?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rawlings wrote:do u think Felliani will make the Naija team?
Would be very difficult considering he's Belgian and we have better players anyway.

He definitely won't make ghanaknees team. Anyone taller than 4f 6" is considered a foreigner :evil: :arrow:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Definitely way too tall to play for Ghana..
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Mr Shows wrote:
Definitely way too tall to play for Ghana..
..and way too honest to play for Naija
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

pajimoh wrote:
Would be very difficult considering he's Belgian and we have better players anyway.

He definitely won't make ghanaknees team. Anyone taller than 4f 6" is considered a foreigner :evil: :arrow:
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I never thought i will say that Felliani was more effective than Pogba when he came on
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:I never thought i will say that Felliani was more effective than Pogba when he came on
In my opinion, Fellaini will be Man United's weapon in certain games, and quite a lot of them.
However for Man United to be a CL and title winning team, it needs Pogba being the boss of that midfield.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Pogba is a play maker hardly score goals even when the chance is presented.
Felliani is like an enforcer and score goals when presented with it. Yes, he is an asset, on again off again type.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I CALL FELLAINI...

...the Prince of Reciprocity: you pass me the ball, you'll get it right back. Same way he played at Everton. Doesn't add much value; doesn't do much harm either.
Bell
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

One can usually tell how much a fan knows about football based on their opinion of two footballers: Carrick and Fellaini.

Many buy into the herd mentality and reflexively label Fellaini as useless. Recall that LVG's best run as manager was when Man Utd eviscerated Liverpool (3-0), Man City (4-2), Arsenal, and Spurs (3-0) in the 2015 season playing Fellaini as an advanced attacking inside left. Fellaini was playing so well that he was undroppable, and he absolutely bullied Man City and Liverpool. I recall when Man Utd played Chelsea away, Mourinho actually changed his formation to bring in Zouma to man-mark Fellaini. :shock: That is a mark of how dangerous he was when deployed that way.

Fellaini is no DM. He can be a destructive wrecking ball when played as an AM in the final third of the pitch. When he played there for Everton I recall a commentator saying "he is wreaking havoc across the Premier League".

Three experienced managers in Moyes, LVG, and Mourinho keep picking him, refusing to sell him, and keep giving him new contracts. In addition he plays for the Belgian national team alongside De Bruyne, Hazard, Naingollan, Witsel, Mertens etc. Those that watch him train and play every day must know more about him than we do.

benteke wrote: Yesterday i went with my mate to watch the game at a good pub, the atmosphere can be good as well

So when Pogba pulled his hamstring, there were moans and groans from the United faithful watching the game with me.
And the groans were worse when Felliani was standing by the touchline ready to replace Pogba
The guy keeps proving fans wrong, good managers like LVG and Mourinho see something in him
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

All I know is that it was never a pleasant experience watching Fellaini against Man United when he was with Everton and though he had some horrible shows when he moved to United he has largely been a great asset to the team when deployed the right way. He is a real menace on his good days.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

People forget that he cost Man Utd the title in 2012. Man Utd were away at the top of the league cruising to the league title and City's manager Mancini had "given up" on winning the league. Then Man Utd played Everton at Old Trafford, were winning 4-1 with 10 minutes to go, and Fellaini just bulldozed Man Utd's defence and helped Everton come back to draw 4-4.

YemiBrazil wrote:All I know is that it was never a pleasant experience watching Fellaini against Man United when he was with Everton and though he had some horrible shows when he moved to United he has largely been a great asset to the team when deployed the right way. He is a real menace on his good days.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

One has to admit like someone said, play him as an AM, he will do the business, dangerous from set pieces, once his head connects, the ball is going inside, i guess Herrera will replace Pogba

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:One has to admit like someone said, play him as an AM, he will do the business, dangerous from set pieces, once his head connects, the ball is going inside, i guess Herrera will replace Pogba
OK, that makes the discussion better.
Fellaini is not necessarily a replacement or an alternative for Pogba.
But we can say he is an essential part of Man United in the current set up.
Both can start in the same team and make United win a game.
I have also always had a problem deciding on what exactly Fellaini is good at.
He is our secret weapon :thumbs:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:One has to admit like someone said, play him as an AM, he will do the business, dangerous from set pieces, once his head connects, the ball is going inside, i guess Herrera will replace Pogba
OK, that makes the discussion better.
Fellaini is not necessarily a replacement or an alternative for Pogba.
But we can say he is an essential part of Man United in the current set up.
Both can start in the same team and make United win a game.
I have also always had a problem deciding on what exactly Fellaini is good at.
He is our secret weapon :thumbs:
Yes he is, he has gained my respect for his hard work, so many qualities we football fans dont often see, just remember he is been played out of position for most of his united career

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

[/video]
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Two words. Big. That's only one. Exactly.