Felliani, man united fans come in

The name Felliani often brings mixed responses, is he really that bad a player? Remember when he was at Everton, he was a decent player, played as an attacking midfield player, when he joined united, he has been played out of position, i think he is a decent player by and large, nobody can bring the ball down like him on his chest, even in tight spaces, when he gets up front, he is more than an attacking threat with his height and he can lay on a ball or 2 for his team mates, yesterday, Pogba was not missed at all and will probably not be missed for all his wonderful technique, now we have Matic, i believe Herrera can play the Pogba role

Rigjt now, i think Felliani has proven himself and he is a big asset to our squad

Re: Felliani, man united fans come in

marko wrote:The name Felliani often brings mixed responses, is he really that bad a player? Remember when he was at Everton, he was a decent player, played as an attacking midfield player, when he joined united, he has been played out of position, i think he is a decent player by and large, nobody can bring the ball down like him on his chest, even in tight spaces, when he gets up front, he is more than an attacking threat with his height and he can lay on a ball or 2 for his team mates, yesterday, Pogba was not missed at all and will probably not be missed for all his wonderful technique, now we have Matic, i believe Herrera can play the Pogba role

Rigjt now, i think Felliani has proven himself and he is a big asset to our squad
Yesterday i went with my mate to watch the game at a good pub, the atmosphere can be good as well

So when Pogba pulled his hamstring, there were moans and groans from the United faithful watching the game with me.
And the groans were worse when Felliani was standing by the touchline ready to replace Pogba
The guy keeps proving fans wrong, good managers like LVG and Mourinho see something in him

Please MOD we do have manu thread, so should I open a thread about Walcott Or Wilshire ?

do u think Felliani will make the Naija team?

Rawlings wrote:do u think Felliani will make the Naija team?
Would be very difficult considering he's Belgian and we have better players anyway.

He definitely won't make ghanaknees team. Anyone taller than 4f 6" is considered a foreigner :evil: :arrow:

Definitely way too tall to play for Ghana..

Mr Shows wrote:
Definitely way too tall to play for Ghana..
..and way too honest to play for Naija
Kako

Post by Kako »

Would be very difficult considering he's Belgian and we have better players anyway.

He definitely won't make ghanaknees team. Anyone taller than 4f 6" is considered a foreigner :evil: :arrow:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!

I never thought i will say that Felliani was more effective than Pogba when he came on

marko wrote:I never thought i will say that Felliani was more effective than Pogba when he came on
In my opinion, Fellaini will be Man United's weapon in certain games, and quite a lot of them.
However for Man United to be a CL and title winning team, it needs Pogba being the boss of that midfield.

...Pogba is a play maker hardly score goals even when the chance is presented.
Felliani is like an enforcer and score goals when presented with it. Yes, he is an asset, on again off again type.

I CALL FELLAINI...

...the Prince of Reciprocity: you pass me the ball, you'll get it right back. Same way he played at Everton. Doesn't add much value; doesn't do much harm either.

One can usually tell how much a fan knows about football based on their opinion of two footballers: Carrick and Fellaini.

Many buy into the herd mentality and reflexively label Fellaini as useless. Recall that LVG's best run as manager was when Man Utd eviscerated Liverpool (3-0), Man City (4-2), Arsenal, and Spurs (3-0) in the 2015 season playing Fellaini as an advanced attacking inside left. Fellaini was playing so well that he was undroppable, and he absolutely bullied Man City and Liverpool. I recall when Man Utd played Chelsea away, Mourinho actually changed his formation to bring in Zouma to man-mark Fellaini. :shock: That is a mark of how dangerous he was when deployed that way.

Fellaini is no DM. He can be a destructive wrecking ball when played as an AM in the final third of the pitch. When he played there for Everton I recall a commentator saying "he is wreaking havoc across the Premier League".

Three experienced managers in Moyes, LVG, and Mourinho keep picking him, refusing to sell him, and keep giving him new contracts. In addition he plays for the Belgian national team alongside De Bruyne, Hazard, Naingollan, Witsel, Mertens etc. Those that watch him train and play every day must know more about him than we do.

benteke wrote: Yesterday i went with my mate to watch the game at a good pub, the atmosphere can be good as well

So when Pogba pulled his hamstring, there were moans and groans from the United faithful watching the game with me.
And the groans were worse when Felliani was standing by the touchline ready to replace Pogba
The guy keeps proving fans wrong, good managers like LVG and Mourinho see something in him

All I know is that it was never a pleasant experience watching Fellaini against Man United when he was with Everton and though he had some horrible shows when he moved to United he has largely been a great asset to the team when deployed the right way. He is a real menace on his good days.

People forget that he cost Man Utd the title in 2012. Man Utd were away at the top of the league cruising to the league title and City's manager Mancini had "given up" on winning the league. Then Man Utd played Everton at Old Trafford, were winning 4-1 with 10 minutes to go, and Fellaini just bulldozed Man Utd's defence and helped Everton come back to draw 4-4.

YemiBrazil wrote:All I know is that it was never a pleasant experience watching Fellaini against Man United when he was with Everton and though he had some horrible shows when he moved to United he has largely been a great asset to the team when deployed the right way. He is a real menace on his good days.

One has to admit like someone said, play him as an AM, he will do the business, dangerous from set pieces, once his head connects, the ball is going inside, i guess Herrera will replace Pogba

marko wrote:One has to admit like someone said, play him as an AM, he will do the business, dangerous from set pieces, once his head connects, the ball is going inside, i guess Herrera will replace Pogba
OK, that makes the discussion better.
Fellaini is not necessarily a replacement or an alternative for Pogba.
But we can say he is an essential part of Man United in the current set up.
Both can start in the same team and make United win a game.
I have also always had a problem deciding on what exactly Fellaini is good at.
He is our secret weapon :thumbs:

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:One has to admit like someone said, play him as an AM, he will do the business, dangerous from set pieces, once his head connects, the ball is going inside, i guess Herrera will replace Pogba
OK, that makes the discussion better.
Fellaini is not necessarily a replacement or an alternative for Pogba.
But we can say he is an essential part of Man United in the current set up.
Both can start in the same team and make United win a game.
I have also always had a problem deciding on what exactly Fellaini is good at.
He is our secret weapon :thumbs:
Yes he is, he has gained my respect for his hard work, so many qualities we football fans dont often see, just remember he is been played out of position for most of his united career

Two words. Big. That's only one. Exactly.