Arsenal v Cologne 3-1 (FT) Kola...Sanchez...Bellerin...!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal v Cologne 3-1 (FT) Kola...Sanchez...Bellerin...!

Post by Robbynice »

platinum wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
akamoke wrote:Kai, its no surprise that many Super Eagles supporters also follow Arsenal, very thin skinned individuals...wait until the game is concluded before burying your team, this game is a perfect example of that. The Cologne goal happens once in a while and it was a speculative one caused by one mistake, but Arsenal had this game under their control even minutes after that goal. 3-1 is just about right
KPOM!! Get behind your team.
Short and Simple!

Short and simple? Are you sure? No dissent ever allowed? Are you sure of this?
There is NEVER a wrong time to show dissent that is targeted toward progress. I don't recall too much, indeed if any, insults or abuse in the game thread (*we know who was thankfully missing), sure there were many unsatisfied people, are you surprised? The boos rang LOUD and clear at half time...care to take a wild guess why?

Short and simple doesn't describe Arsenal, if you think it does, you've not been paying attention.
You probably do not know what I mean. You make it sound like I don't ever get disappointed in the team...I do, believe me I do but you will never see me in a game thread insult a player or even boo the team. When the going gets tough and rough is when the team needs us the most. Look at Cologne fans...They came out in numbers and cheered from the beginning to the end, this is a team that had lost 3 straight games prior to the game. We can express disappointments and what not but we have to support the team no matter what...that my brother is what my "short and simple" mean...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Robbynice wrote:
platinum wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
akamoke wrote:Kai, its no surprise that many Super Eagles supporters also follow Arsenal, very thin skinned individuals...wait until the game is concluded before burying your team, this game is a perfect example of that. The Cologne goal happens once in a while and it was a speculative one caused by one mistake, but Arsenal had this game under their control even minutes after that goal. 3-1 is just about right
Short and Simple!

There is NEVER a wrong time to show dissent that is targeted toward progress. I don't recall too much, indeed if any, insults or abuse in the game thread (*we know who was thankfully missing), sure there were many unsatisfied people, are you surprised? The boos rang LOUD and clear at half time...care to take a wild guess why?

Short and simple doesn't describe Arsenal, if you think it does, you've not been paying attention.
You probably do not know what I mean. You make it sound like I don't ever get disappointed in the team...I do, believe me I do but you will never see me in a game thread insult a player or even boo the team. When the going gets tough and rough is when the team needs us the most. Look at Cologne fans...They came out in numbers and cheered from the beginning to the end, this is a team that had lost 3 straight games prior to the game. We can express disappointments and what not but we have to support the team no matter what...that my brother is what my "short and simple" mean...

Even anikulapo who throws insults left and right still backs Arsenal and cheers loudly when good things happen, there isn't a fan who doesn't back the team unless that person is insane after all who else but an insane person would sit and support a team just to consistently boo and grumble always?

The comparisons with Koln are annoying in the way they're being used because that club and it's fans have a different set of expectations. Could Arsenal fans learn from their continental counterparts? Sure. The European nights I've been to the Emirates, even before the game, you could tell there was something coming to town with legions of foreign fans swarming London. No surprise. Some teams travel well, others don't. The fans who don't travel well usually have cause for that. It's that 'cause' you have to answer not simply saying support no matter what. Support no matter what is how mediocrity reigns.

Again, there's a reason Arsenal was met with a crescendo of boos at HT. All this didn't just happen out of the blues. Apathy is the worst thing that can happen to a sports team/franchise. Be happy there are still fans who care to boo. When the team plays poorly and fans remain silent, be very very afraid. Your team is quarter to failure at that point.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:How long is AW going to punish this club and this squad by playing Theo Walcott?

I've seen some bad Theo efforts but sheesh today effort was an abomination.
How many goals and assists did he get last season?

Once again, I can't believe you wrote this. Theo is not and has never been an inside forward, so he is redundant in our 3-4-2-1 formation. Noticed how he influenced the game better by playing a huge role in Kolasinac and Bellerin's goals, when we changed formation that demanded a different role from Theo in terms of his runs.

Theo is not having a good time but I see and know why. If Wenger does not change it to help him, then I know his time is up at Arsenal.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal v Cologne 0-1 (1H)

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:Arsene looks like he's aged 20 years since the match started. He needs to move on, for his own sake.

Boos ring out at half time. Arsenal look a second rate outfit.
This is so funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The Koln fans booed louder than the Arsenal fans who booed. They mocked us saying they were doing what we do to our team.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:I thought Alex played quite well in the first half. He tired out and started losing possession in the second half. He's Rusty and hasn't played a competitive game in a bit. This was his first after coming back from injury. I saw him drive at the defence a few times in the first half.

This Highbury of a dude is irrelevant. This is the internet where people claim to know it all. Most times, they are the most ignorant.

Alex will be fine.
Spot on. Even Sanchez needed the game to get him back in sync. Same for almost every player. This was all about developing the next 12 to 18 out field players for the league.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:How long is AW going to punish this club and this squad by playing Theo Walcott?

Once again, I can't believe you wrote this. Theo is not and has never been an inside forward, so he is redundant in our 3-4-2-1 formation. Noticed how he influenced the game better by playing a huge role in Kolasinac and Bellerin's goals, when we changed formation that demanded a different role from Theo in terms of his runs.

Theo is not having a good time but I see and know why. If Wenger does not change it to help him, then I know his time is up at Arsenal.
Stop waffi, just stop...!!!!

Numerous occasions Sanchez, Bellerin, Iwobi laid ball perfectly to Theo into space and his touch was more clumsy then a mormon on his wedding night.

His positional sense was even wore, Theo caught offside in absurd fashion, just ask him.......

https://www.arsenal.com/news/i-was-offs ... ll-improve

“I was offside too many times to be honest,” Theo told Arsenal Player. “I was disappointed with that.

“I won’t dwell on that too long. It’s just about me timing my runs slightly better, but I say the players are playing it too late, that’s my excuse anyway! I like to make the runs and I’ll definitely be feeling it tomorrow morning.”
This was not some rookie making his debut, Walcott has played at this level for over a decade, these are basic fundamentals that at this stage in his career should be par the course.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Numerous occasions Sanchez, Bellerin, Iwobi laid ball perfectly to Theo into space and his touch was more clumsy then a mormon on his wedding night.

His positional sense was even wore, Theo caught offside in absurd fashion, just ask him.......

“I was offside too many times to be honest,” Theo told Arsenal Player. “I was disappointed with that.

“I won’t dwell on that too long. It’s just about me timing my runs slightly better, but I say the players are playing it too late, that’s my excuse anyway! I like to make the runs and I’ll definitely be feeling it tomorrow morning.”
This was not some rookie making his debut, Walcott has played at this level for over a decade, these are basic fundamentals that at this stage in his career should be par the course.

Honestly I don't know how to defend Theo any more
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Honestly I don't know how to defend Theo any more
FFS have Arsenal fans who berate Sanchez for losing possession but will defend Theo...... :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Was it only Theo's touch that was clumsy. What about Sanchez in the first half? How many times did he give the ball away? Not just Sanchez and Theo. The whole team did, why pick on Theo?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Was it only Theo's touch that was clumsy. What about Sanchez in the first half? How many times did he give the ball away? Not just Sanchez and Theo. The whole team did, why pick on Theo?
Wait, Wait, Wait.....I saw Sanchez, Iwobi and Bellerin play in Theo in numerous occasions. Saw Sanchez, Iwobi, Bellerin leave Koln players for dead on numerous occasions. Stark contrast between not being perfect and being totally abject. Theo Walcott was the latter all game and to be frank it was hardly a one off.

Again not asking for perfect, but no excuse for a total no show against side as poor as Koln.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Wait, Wait, Wait.....I saw Sanchez, Iwobi and Bellerin play in Theo in numerous occasions. Saw Sanchez, Iwobi, Bellerin leave Koln players for dead on numerous occasions. Stark contrast between not being perfect and being totally abject. Theo Walcott was the latter all game and to be frank it was hardly a one off.

Again not asking for perfect, but no excuse for a total no show against side as poor as Koln.
Had a huge influence in 2 Arsenal goals. Yes! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

That assist to Kolasinac was Zidane Esque.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
platinum wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Short and Simple!

Even anikulapo who throws insults left and right still backs Arsenal and cheers loudly when good things happen, there isn't a fan who doesn't back the team unless that person is insane after all who else but an insane person would sit and support a team just to consistently boo and grumble always?

The comparisons with Koln are annoying in the way they're being used because that club and it's fans have a different set of expectations. Could Arsenal fans learn from their continental counterparts? Sure. The European nights I've been to the Emirates, even before the game, you could tell there was something coming to town with legions of foreign fans swarming London. No surprise. Some teams travel well, others don't. The fans who don't travel well usually have cause for that. It's that 'cause' you have to answer not simply saying support no matter what. Support no matter what is how mediocrity reigns.

Again, there's a reason Arsenal was met with a crescendo of boos at HT. All this didn't just happen out of the blues. Apathy is the worst thing that can happen to a sports team/franchise. Be happy there are still fans who care to boo. When the team plays poorly and fans remain silent, be very very afraid. Your team is quarter to failure at that point.
Are you minding Robbynice who things everything na fairy tale (copyright MI5)? Arsenal wasn't just having an "off" day, they were playing the kind of nonsense we have become accustomed to for over a decade now. The fans have the right to express their displeasure. Who remembers when Arsenal fans (about 25 of them) were bold and confident enough to bet Omey2K that they would leave the forum for a certain period if Arsenal lost to Man U? Those are the same fans who are still here today....only the team is no longer the one to inspire confidence.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

That assist to Kolasinac was Zidane Esque.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Yep! He made it happen cos he was no longer playing as an inside forward. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
His speed and blocked pass served up the opportunity for Kolasinac. He reallly is useless. Just look how many goals and assists he had last season. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

What competition is this? :D
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

spastic wrote:What competition is this? :D

Spastic my good man welcome to late summer ... we will see again at the beginning of next summer :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

spastic wrote:What competition is this? :D

AITEO Champions League Final
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”