Arsenal v Cologne 3-1 (FT) Kola...Sanchez...Bellerin...!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal v Cologne 0-1 (1H)

Post by anikulapo »

Need to regroup Biko .... hopefully my boys Jack and Reiss can come in to Dave the day .... Wenger is one stubborn deluded idiota though :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Nkume wrote:
platinum wrote:Arsene looks like he's aged 20 years since the match started. He needs to move on, for his own sake.

Boos ring out at half time. Arsenal look a second rate outfit.
That is wrong. These Arsenal fans with a sense of entitlement should learn a thing or two from the Cologne fans.
Are Arsenal at the same level as Koln?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

platinum wrote:This na home or away game? Koln fans the only voices I hear.

The boos at HT will be something.
But but but Waffi said these are the real fans abi na the social media fans show up today?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Why are folks surprised at the performance? For many of these players this is their first real game of the season...

And Ozil and Xhaka aint playing so it is no surprise there is a lack of composure in midfield.

Hopefully it gets better in the second half....maybe with Nelson and Wilshere on!
To God be the glory
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

platinum wrote:
Yesterday it was Spurs taking out Dortmund like a bad rubbish. Tonight it's Cologne dumping on Arsenal like a landfill site :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Hmm...so you guys want the Europa this bad...na wa o. And I would have thought una go boycott the tourney.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

AW keeps showing us he's incapable of preparing for a game.
We're playing 3slowish central defenders on a high line - no ball pressure with no midfield shield. Any team that plays against us regardless
of wining/losing record coming in gets confidence cos we let you play.
you can see Alexis wants to press from the front but he's alone - AW wants Elneny doing Ramsey runs to the box when his partner Iwobi lacks
defensive skills - like Martin keown has said previously, we don't respect the art of defending & that's down to our deluded gaffer.
This is a team that has played 3, scored 1 & conceded 7 - we make them look like world beaters - what's so difficult about pressing when you've
a backline to protect - Hector's doing so much running - will he be ready for Chelsea?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Cologne fc is currently at the bottom of the bundesliga and somehow they are outplaying the (once)mighty arsenal.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

platinum wrote:
So Walcott na waste dispersal and not waste disposal.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:Why are folks surprised at the performance? For many of these players this is their first real game of the season...

And Ozil and Xhaka aint playing so it is no surprise there is a lack of composure in midfield.

Hopefully it gets better in the second half....maybe with Nelson and Wilshere on!
I think the annoyance comes from the fact that people have seen the first team give this exact display countless times.

On Ozil and Xhaka, like I said earlier, thankfully they're not playing or they'd be taking the blame. Add Ramsey to that list too.

Wilshere for sure needs to come on. Iwobi playing beside El Neny isn't a good idea within the given structure.

This is the norm with Arsenal. Lots of sterile possession peppered with lack of focus, silly mistakes, and just a general lack of solidity. It's been the norm for a bit now.

For they second 45, Arsene can correct some of the imbalance firstly by putting the right players in their right positions. After that, he needs to have the lads FOCUSED. These are basics Arsenal is failing at so far.Get those things done then worry about the rest.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Howz iwobi doing?
OCCUPY NFF!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Kolasinac has come on and Arsenal is playing a back four, I missed who he replaced.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Howz iwobi doing?
Like he did for the SE in his last game.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

platinum wrote:Kolasinac has come on and Arsenal is playing a back four, I missed who he replaced.
Looks like Holding was withdrawn. How many times is that going to happen before we conclude that he is just not it?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Alexis dances, sets up Theo, refs botch the call and give offside
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Howz iwobi doing?
He's managed to defrost all the ice on his side of the bench with his backside
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal v Cologne 0-1 (2H)

Post by platinum »

Kolawole!!! 1-1
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Kolasinac!!!!!! 1-1
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

What a pile driver from Kolasinac. Keeper had no chance!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote:Kolasinac has come on and Arsenal is playing a back four, I missed who he replaced.
Looks like Holding was withdrawn. How many times is that going to happen before we conclude that he is just not it?

We've seen enough from the kid to know he can play though. You have to surround a player with support. You don't just throw guys into the fire...Arsene has a terrible habit of doing that with perfectly competent center backs.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

3 more to go.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal v Cologne 1-1 (2H) Kola...

Post by platinum »

back 4, players in their position, and what do you know, Arsenal looks more aggressive and threatening. Unreal why Arsene bothers with those confusing trickery.