Nigeria vs Argentina 2-3 - Highlights & Goals - 25 June 2014

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria vs Argentina 2-3 - Highlights & Goals - 25 June 2014

Post by Sir V »

Wow what a match!

Enyeama is top class Goalie.

https:///www.youtube.comwatch?v=Db5-U1iQ7-U[/video]
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Argentina 2-3 - Highlights & Goals - 25 June

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Musa was great too
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This was Enyeama's best performance for Nigeria yet he let in 3 goals. Musa on the other hand is the one being derided on this board despite his consistent performance for Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The aspect ratio of that video is terrible.

Unfortunately, I missed this game as I was at the stadium in Salvador watching Iran vs Bosnia. A damn shame that Nigeria didn't have any games in Salvador.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

1naija wrote:This was Enyeama's best performance for Nigeria yet he let in 3 goals. Musa on the other hand is the one being derided on this board despite his consistent performance for Nigeria.

Consistent wetin? with Musa as a starter Nigeria could not qualify for yeye ANC, without Musa Nigeria took the African champions to the cleaners, you do the math. Musa is not a bad player but he is currently not good enough to start for the SE with our current talent pool
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1naija wrote:This was Enyeama's best performance for Nigeria yet he let in 3 goals. Musa on the other hand is the one being derided on this board despite his consistent performance for Nigeria.

Ahmed Musa is not a Super eagles class player. Leicester City fans can tell you what they think of him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Man if we qualify to the world cup, the team I'll pray we meet in our group stage is France, at least we will have a more balanced team in depth and quality when we next face them...revenge will be so sweet if we beat them.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

1naija wrote:This was Enyeama's best performance for Nigeria ....
According to whom? I don't know which was Enyeama's best match for us (he played more than 100 matches in more than a decade), but the 2014 match against Argentina was only his second-best performance for us against Argentina, which already negates your hypothesis. :)
1naija wrote:.... yet he let in 3 goals.
There is a long list of goalkeepers who have conceded even more than that to Messi, Higuain, Di Maria and Aguero. Conversely, the Argentine goalkeeper is now on a mostly Russian list of keepers who've conceded 2 in a match to Ahmed Musa. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

9jaMan wrote:

Consistent wetin? with Musa as a starter Nigeria could not qualify for yeye ANC, without Musa Nigeria took the African champions to the cleaners, you do the math. Musa is not a bad player but he is currently not good enough to start for the SE with our current talent pool
The way some of una type U'd think there were 11 Musas on the squad...
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ahmed Musa is not a Super eagles class player. Leicester City fans can tell you what they think of him.
Same Musa that scored 2 vs Barca...and that wasn't the 1st time..abeg put the ganja away
Pa
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
No matter what you people say about Sunday Mba and Ahmed Musa .... and no matter whether one or both of them are or are not still relevant to the Eagles .... they won our third Nations Cup trophy.

Musa is also, I believe, the only Nigerian international to score twice in a single World Cup match .... and holds a joint record (with Amokachi, Amunike and Uche Kalu) as Nigeria's highest scorer in World Cup competition.

I don't care what Leicester fans think of him. When he leaves Leicester, I hope he is millions of dollars richer.

He has done his bit for the Eagles, and when he is dropped from the squad or retires, I will particularly remember these two goals against Argentina, a rival that has owned us in the World Cup. Each time the ball hit the back of the Argentine net, I leapt off my seat making loud guttural noises like a mad man. Don't blame me, blame the frustration of the 16 years between losing to Paraguay in 1998 and beating Bosnia in 2014.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

The Eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
No matter what you people say about Sunday Mba and Ahmed Musa .... and no matter whether one or both of them are or are not still relevant to the Eagles .... they won our third Nations Cup trophy.

Musa is also, I believe, the only Nigerian international to score twice in a single World Cup match .... and holds a joint record (with Amokachi, Amunike and Uche Kalu) as Nigeria's highest scorer in World Cup competition.

I don't care what Leicester fans think of him. When he leaves Leicester, I hope he is millions of dollars richer.

He has done his bit for the Eagles, and when he is dropped from the squad or retires, I will particularly remember these two goals against Argentina, a rival that has owned us in the World Cup. Each time the ball hit the back of the Argentine net, I leapt off my seat making loud guttural noises like a mad man. Don't blame me, blame the frustration of the 16 years between losing to Paraguay in 1998 and beating Bosnia in 2014.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks jare...people wey no represent 9ja even for Table soccer just siddon behind computer drunktyping :evil: :evil: :evil:
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Musa has done well for the SE and definitely in the Argentina match there were two man-of-the-match awards - Enyeama and Musa.

However he needs to find a club where he gets regular playing time. If he can get back to the form we know, he will be a starter on the SE.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Was at the stadium and lost my voice at the game. I was expecting Mikel to show up for this game but Musa was the man!
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Sir V wrote:Wow what a match!

Enyeama is top class Goalie.

https:///www.youtube.comwatch?v=Db5-U1iQ7-U[/video]
Those goals he conceded were cheap goals. Enyeama is inconsistent, the back 4 lead by Yobo was what made the difference but you guys refuse to give honors to them.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Didn't we lose this game? In a match we lost and conceded 3 goals,our keeper was the man of the match! That's nothing to write home about! It is high time we africans develop a winning mentality and stop celebrating moral victories and World cup quarter final appearances.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If football rape was a crime, argentina will be doing life in prison for what they have done to Nigeria
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

sarkin doya wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Musa has done well for the SE and definitely in the Argentina match there were two man-of-the-match awards - Enyeama and Musa.

However he needs to find a club where he gets regular playing time. If he can get back to the form we know, he will be a starter on the SE.

Musa is not intelligent enough to be a top player. He is all running and no vision.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

marko wrote:If football rape was a crime, argentina will be doing life in prison for what they have done to Nigeria
I think the main problem is the mentality with which we approach games against Argentina. It is like we go into the game with the "let's try our best not to be disgraced" mentality. Remember the martins Osaze situation in 2010 WC? It is almost as if we don't believe we can ever win against Argentina.