Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: ONYEKURU AND AJAGUN HANG
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:52 pm 

In the Belgian league game today between Kortrijk (at home) and Anderlecht, which ended in a 2-2 draw...
Ajagun tied the scores at 1-1 for Kortrijk, while Onyekuru (who came on about the 65th min) tied it at 2-2 for Anderlecht.

Last edited by Gotti on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 pm 

Meanwhile, Awaziem is back in the starting lineup today for Nantes - and playing at CB....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm 

:clap:

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:58 pm 

That's 3 goals in 2 games for onyekuru and he's still on the bench. Hes the highest goal scorer for Anderlecht but the rubbish coach is still playing that big striker ahead of him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:06 pm 

The way I see before long Awaziem will be the mainstay of Super Eagles defense

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 pm 

Awaziem with the assist for the lone Nantes goal.

As for Kortrijk and Anderlecht - Ajagun and Onyekuru with a goal, but its Ajagun's assist on the second goal that is worth special notice. What a pass! (Talking about world class passes - check out Naby Keita's pass for Augustin's debut goal vs Borussia today; Naby Keita might just be the best DM in the world).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_dQBV8QYZk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 pm 

bully12 wrote:

How So?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:12 pm 

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
bully12 wrote:

How So?

How many 19 year old Nigerians do you see playing in the first team of a top 5 league?
It's early days, but save for the unwarranted red card Awaziem received, he's had one assist and only conceeded one goal during the 240 minutes he's been on the field.

All in all nice to see both him and Troost Ekong doing well at their clubs.

BTW Even Balogun, despite losing 4:0 to Bayern, got very high rating on Whoscored for todays performance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:11 pm 

We just need a 4th CD to complete the quartet needed in a squad. I am happy for Awaziem, he ticks all the right boxes, i.e. good in the air, strong in the tackle, reads the game and passes the ball out of defence. Liverpool have him on their radar and have been monitoring his progress.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:15 pm 

Dammy wrote:
We just need a 4th CD to complete the quartet needed in a squad. I am happy for Awaziem, he ticks all the right boxes, i.e. good in the air, strong in the tackle, reads the game and passes the ball out of defence. Liverpool have him on their radar and have been monitoring his progress.

Omeruo is better than Otigba by far

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 am 

Dammy wrote:

TBH, I had paid little attention to the guy (Awaziem) until the south African game. In that game, in spite of few errors, I was impressed and I believe he is one for the future. Right now he is better than any of our CDs in bringing the ball out of the defense with a pass.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:41 am 

Dammy wrote:

Udokhai is a starter for Wolfsburg! Why arent we hearing any clamour for him? Is he one of those who want to wait for Germany?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:44 am 

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Udokhai is a starter for Wolfsburg! Why arent we hearing any clamour for him? Is he one of those who want to wait for Germany?

Yes! The guy has never even been to Nigeria.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:53 am 

Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:14 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:

At 1860 Munich, they called him the next great thing. Seems to be on course for a German call up :!:

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:49 pm 

That's 3 goals in 2 games for onyekuru and he's still on the bench. Hes the highest goal scorer for Anderlecht but the rubbish coach is still playing that big striker ahead of him.

Maybe coming off the bench might be the reason why he's the highest goal scorer hmm?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:22 pm 

i have written about Ajagun a few times on the forum. In my view, he should be the AM competing and relieving Mikel. Very intelligent player, goalscoring midfielder.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:52 am 

No he shouldn't. Iwobi is the rightful successor for JOM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 am 

john12 wrote:
No he shouldn't. Iwobi is the rightful successor for JOM

May the best man win. All the better for Naija.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:38 am 

There is only one natural successor and thats Kelechi Nwakali.
I expect him to start from the next game, he has been that good when coming on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:23 pm 

I watched this game. Very happy for both players. Their game needs refinement though and they need to leave Belgium to improve their game. At times their final ball was really poor. Onyekuru is a livewire. Very good prospect.

Gotti wrote:
In the Belgian league game today between Kortrijk (at home) and Anderlecht, which ended in a 2-2 draw...
Ajagun tied the scores at 1-1 for Kortrijk, while Onyekuru (who came on about the 65th min) tied it at 2-2 for Anderlecht.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:54 pm 

wiseone wrote:
I watched this game. Very happy for both players. Their game needs refinement though and they need to leave Belgium to improve their game. At times their final ball was really poor. Onyekuru is a livewire. Very good prospect.

Gotti wrote:

Yup! Ajagun needs to storm camp at Bayern and onyekuru should just catch a flight to Barca tonite. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:55 pm 

You make very astute points. Bayern and Barca are the only clubs in the world outside Belgium.

wiseone wrote:

Gotti wrote:

Yup! Ajagun needs to storm camp at Bayern and onyekuru should just catch a flight to Barca tonite. :roll: