ONYEKURU AND AJAGUN HANG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ONYEKURU AND AJAGUN HANG

Post by maceo4 »

marutimon wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:Moses Simon plays in Belgium and starts for the Super Eagles, yet Onyekuru and Bonaventure who are tearing the league apart shouldn't be looked into? Moses Simon / Ahmed Musa is obviously a position we can improve.

As for Victor Moses - I said potentially. Obviously not right now.
But Onyekuru has been looked at, and I believe Rohr mentioned Bonaventure, so lets give him time. Just don't disrespect Victor Moses, which one is potentially? Let them make SE first before you start this one. Onyekuru that you are touting has been looked at and hasn't yet made the grade. Hate how we are always touting the new kid on the block to replace our tested and proven players, I mean damn, same thing happened in 2002 WC and we are still recovering from it.
Ahmed Musa has had a few superb games, but he hasn't been convincing for Nigeria. There is obvious space for an upgrade for Moses Simon, who hasn't exactly nailed down a spot.
Yea but it doesn't seem Onyekuru is the player you are looking for as a replacement winger. Forgetting his lack of defensive acumen, he is more of a selfish runner with the ball, not really a winger looking to put in balls or create for others. More of a striker or withdrawn striker, but SE doesn't currently play with one, Mikel is the playing behind the main number 9. And at his size he probably can't be the main number 9.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Yea I saw he had been playing out wide and doesn't look like his best position. So I'm wondering how he would fit it in to the SE, we play with wingers or wing forwards and that might not be his strong suit, he is definitely not a no. 9 at his size. Maybe why Rohr hasn't called him back.
He played out wide as a wing forward last season at Eupen and led the Belgian League in goal scoring...
Yea, his lacking defensive game might be an issue playing there for the SE. Both Moses' did a LOT of defending against Cameroon along with their offensive forays.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ozone4real
Egg
Egg

Post by ozone4real »

maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:Moses Simon plays in Belgium and starts for the Super Eagles, yet Onyekuru and Bonaventure who are tearing the league apart shouldn't be looked into? Moses Simon / Ahmed Musa is obviously a position we can improve.

As for Victor Moses - I said potentially. Obviously not right now.
But Onyekuru has been looked at, and I believe Rohr mentioned Bonaventure, so lets give him time. Just don't disrespect Victor Moses, which one is potentially? Let them make SE first before you start this one. Onyekuru that you are touting has been looked at and hasn't yet made the grade. Hate how we are always touting the new kid on the block to replace our tested and proven players, I mean damn, same thing happened in 2002 WC and we are still recovering from it.
Ahmed Musa has had a few superb games, but he hasn't been convincing for Nigeria. There is obvious space for an upgrade for Moses Simon, who hasn't exactly nailed down a spot.
Yea but it doesn't seem Onyekuru is the player you are looking for as a replacement winger. Forgetting his lack of defensive acumen, he is more of a selfish runner with the ball, not really a winger looking to put in balls or create for others. More of a striker or withdrawn striker, but SE doesn't currently play with one, Mikel is the playing behind the main number 9. And at his size he probably can't be the main number 9.
seems u haven't really watched Onyekuru this season. He is no longer the selfish player he was last season. Anderlecht sacked their coach, but i think he did a good job on onyekuru. I've been very impressed about how onyekuru's game have matured this season. He may not be scoring golazos or solo goals or dribbling everyone on the pitch including d goalie like he did at eupen. But i like that he is now less selfish. I've been more impressed with his link-up play. In possesion, he dribbles way less now and passes more. I'm now seeing some side to his game that i didn't last season. Good short/long passing, through balls, Intelligent decision-making e.t.c.
This might be because he is playing for a bigger club now, which demands more seriousness/discipline, because there is always a player to replace u if u mess up. Unlike eupen where he was d main man and couldn't be benched.
Try watching a full match of him, you'll see what im talking about.