LUKAKU VS FORMER CLUB 4-0 ROONEY VS FORMER CLUB FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LUKAKU VS FORMER CLUB 4-0 ROONEY VS FORMER CLUB FT

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:Football is a game of 90 minutes, everton played well but still got beaten 4 nil, man city could not even bury this same side, football is so unpredictable, i knew if we could get a 2nd goal, everton will fall like a pack of wolves, they were even lucky we did not have any extra 10 minutes, we could have easily scored 6! Yes football can be a bitttch sometimes but last season, we dominated games and ended up playing a draw, lets put this into perspective, chelsea, arsenal played a draw, liverpool played a draw as well and we put 4 goals past everton, these goals will do our confidence some good, i heard Pogba is out for 12 weeks, other players need to step up, we definitely miss Pogba play but we still scored 4 goals and Lukaku has now scored 5 goals
I suspect you meant "pack [deck] of cards," because you certainly do not want to be confronted by a "pack of wolves."
Pack of cards, my bad!! Yes some united players were inconsistent yesterday, Miky and especially rashford, he needs to learn more decision making, sometimes all the pace will not work for you, Martial on current form seems to be the better player now, yesterday game was made for Martial as he is quite good taking on players in tight places, Lingard does not do anything for me or maybe Mourinho should have brought on Martial earlier and switched Rashford to the right side, well it dont matter anyway, we scored 4 unreplied goals, yes we will have to be at our best when we play the big guns, i am just happy that we can play bad and still score a hatful of goals
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:Football is a game of 90 minutes, everton played well but still got beaten 4 nil, man city could not even bury this same side, football is so unpredictable, i knew if we could get a 2nd goal, everton will fall like a pack of wolves, they were even lucky we did not have any extra 10 minutes, we could have easily scored 6! Yes football can be a bitttch sometimes but last season, we dominated games and ended up playing a draw, lets put this into perspective, chelsea, arsenal played a draw, liverpool played a draw as well and we put 4 goals past everton, these goals will do our confidence some good, i heard Pogba is out for 12 weeks, other players need to step up, we definitely miss Pogba play but we still scored 4 goals and Lukaku has now scored 5 goals
I suspect you meant "pack [deck] of cards," because you certainly do not want to be confronted by a "pack of wolves."
Pack of cards, my bad!! Yes some united players were inconsistent yesterday, Miky and especially rashford, he needs to learn more decision making, sometimes all the pace will not work for you, Martial on current form seems to be the better player now, yesterday game was made for Martial as he is quite good taking on players in tight places, Lingard does not do anything for me or maybe Mourinho should have brought on Martial earlier and switched Rashford to the right side, well it dont matter anyway, we scored 4 unreplied goals, yes we will have to be at our best when we play the big guns, i am just happy that we can play bad and still score a hatful of goals
That arrogant prick is going to mess up the career of some of these kids. I like the way Martial is now sticking it to him making him look like the fool he is setting himself up to be. Any coach who plays Lingard over Martial in his current form is a fool with a diabolical agenda.

He has given some rubbish players more chance over better players. Lingard should only be playing the Worthless cup competition in my humble opinion. No point trying to justify the mistake of paying him 100k/week.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
i see Lingard as a Danny Welbeck replacement, run at tired defences and lose the ball in the penalty area

Martial is on another level though. This season he is hungry and eager to show his worth

He was on for 5 minutes and completed more dribbles (2) than any United player.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
That arrogant prick is going to mess up the career of some of these kids. I like the way Martial is now sticking it to him making him look like the fool he is setting himself up to be. Any coach who plays Lingard over Martial in his current form is a fool with a diabolical agenda.

He has given some rubbish players more chance over better players. Lingard should only be playing the Worthless cup competition in my humble opinion. No point trying to justify the mistake of paying him 100k/week.

Wait wait what have you been saying about Martial all this time? Just curious :woot: :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
That arrogant prick is going to mess up the career of some of these kids. I like the way Martial is now sticking it to him making him look like the fool he is setting himself up to be Any coach who plays Lingard over Martial in his current form is a fool with a diabolical agenda.

Wait wait what have you been saying about Martial all this time? Just curious :woot: :woot:
The problem here is comprehension.....read again i mentioned 'form'...geez do you guys only read what you want in a message :shock: .

When Martial was out of form i called it that he was rubbish, the guy has worked himself back to form ,he has scored in every match he has played given limited time...he deserves to play above Lingard ....it is that simple. I dont do sentiments...i call it as their form dictates. For most of last season Martial was rubbish, they said he had problems...it affected him,tough deal. But so far this season he has looked sharp,all the hypes aside, no matter what has been said the simple story here ia that his form puts him over Lingard.

If this was last season i would not even give him a look in.

Now if you still want to joke..go ahead!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

On current form, martial should start every game, his finishing is of highest order, remember, he was a classic number 9, had to be moved to accomodate zlatan, had to change his game, had some personal issues bit seems to have rediscovered his form and on current form as Oloye pointed out, should start every game, Mourinho must know something about Lingard that we dont know as he does not offer much to the naked eye except his pace, against city, if Pogba is not fit, i think Mourinho might pack the midfield and possibly play Matic, herrera and Felliani and sacrifice the likes of Mata, probably play Martial/Rashford, Miky, with Lukaku as the lone man up front, I believe Mourinho will be out there to get at least a result, we dont play them until December i guess so there a lot of games to be played
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

marko wrote:On current form, martial should start every game, his finishing is of highest order, remember, he was a classic number 9, had to be moved to accomodate zlatan, had to change his game, had some personal issues bit seems to have rediscovered his form and on current form as Oloye pointed out, should start every game, Mourinho must know something about Lingard that we dont know as he does not offer much to the naked eye except his pace, against city, if Pogba is not fit, i think Mourinho might pack the midfield and possibly play Matic, herrera and Felliani and sacrifice the likes of Mata, probably play Martial/Rashford, Miky, with Lukaku as the lone man up front, I believe Mourinho will be out there to get at least a result, we dont play them until December i guess so there a lot of games to be played

He started in the Champions League v Basel, he wasn't anywhere near as effective as when he's come off the bench this season.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Mkhi is one of those enigmatic players. He can go "missing" from a game for 10-15 minutes, then out of nowhere - will pop up with a goal and/or assist.

Also, how does Johnny Kills feel about being subbed off for the 10th game in a row?...