What a waste of £45,000,000!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
What a waste of £45,000,000!

Post by Rawlings »

It's early days, but some of these transfers are turning out to be a dud
  • Gylfi Sigurdsson cost Everton £45m from Swansea
    Iheanacho cost Leicester £25m
    Winfred Bony cost Swansea £12m
    D. Drinkwater cost Chelsea £38m
    Jordan Pickford cost Everton £30m
    M. Sakho to Crystal Palace £25m
Meanwhile,
  • Newcastle got Atsu for $6m and he's already got 1 goal and 1 assist and they are sitting pretty at the top
Last edited by Rawlings on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What a waste of £45,000,000!

Post by aruako1 »

Rawlings wrote:It's early days, but some of these transfers are turning out to be a dud
Meanwhile,
  • Newcastle got Atsu for $6m and he's already got 1 goal and 1 assist and they are sitting pretty at the top
I'm sure Atsu will be a hit at Russia 2018. Oh! Hang on...
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Pickford could well keep goal for the next 15 years, maybe more, in which case, it's a decent buy, if he maintains his developmental trajectory. Albeit at a ridiculous price. Buffon was a ridiculous fee many years ago, but by God had the old lady gotten her money's worth.

Sigurdson was an absolute squander of wealth. There was no need and dire need for the money to be spend in other areas. No striker, no wingers. Pathetic.

Drinkwater is an overpriced backup, but as an England international and former league title winner, he was always going to be hideously overpriced.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rawlings wrote:It's early days, but some of these transfers are turning out to be a dud
Meanwhile,
Troll Alert!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

aruako1 wrote:
Meanwhile,
Atsu is a good player with a "Short" limitation! He will not be missed at Russia 2018
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So Atsu scored a goal and got an assist before them so that obviously makes him a hero in Ghana but will the rest of the world care come next summer? :scared:
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

$6m is still too much for a headless chicken like atsu.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:$6m is still too much for a headless chicken like atsu.
A headless chicken scoring a goal in EPL
Imagine if we put his head back on :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Rawlings wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:$6m is still too much for a headless chicken like atsu.
A headless chicken scoring a goal in EPL
Imagine if we put his head back on :winking:
If he was that good he would have scored more in the WCQ. Even Mikel has 2 goals.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

aruako1 wrote:
Meanwhile,
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The more I see Sigurdsson play, the more I believe Swansea should be charged with Advance-fee scam (aka four-one-nine )

The jury is still out on the question: "Did Man City scam Leicester for £25m"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Atsu is a breda not marketable. Great runner but oyinbos dey look for person wey dem go market like hollywood marque :biggrin:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I think Atsu's name should be changed to Jean Black...cause dude black like jeans..
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

paj wrote:I think Atsu's name should be changed to Jean Black...cause dude black like jeans..
Na black man dey say this? Na wa o :oops:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Kako wrote:
paj wrote:I think Atsu's name should be changed to Jean Black...cause dude black like jeans..
dude..in Ghana there are 50 shades of Black :tic:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

paj wrote:
Kako wrote:
dude..in Ghana there are 50 shades of Black :tic:
paj! Mind yourself!! :lol:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I still cannot understand the Sigurdsson buy, that guy is not worth more than 15 milla never mind the 45milla tag. He is a decent player and deadly at deadball situations. But his game is here and there, no way near 45 milla.

To think that Everton were even desperate to get his services paving the way for Swansea to exploit them badly. I have no pity for Koeman,his buys this season were useless, mostly players that were not needed.

He forked out 30 milla for a keepr who in my opinion is no better than the one they already had, add 45 milla to that, that is the money from Lukaku sales already wasted, yet no replacement for the guy who got them 20+ goals, save for a junior player who does more running than score goals.

I think some of these managers believe in their own shytte....cant blame them especially when you get paid handsomely to go roll in the shytte when sacked!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

oloye wrote:I still cannot understand the Sigurdsson buy, that guy is not worth more than 15 milla never mind the 45milla tag. He is a decent player and deadly at deadball situations. But his game is here and there, no way near 45 milla.

To think that Everton were even desperate to get his services paving the way for Swansea to exploit them badly. I have no pity for Koeman,his buys this season were useless, mostly players that were not needed.

He forked out 30 milla for a keepr who in my opinion is no better than the one they already had, add 45 milla to that, that is the money from Lukaku sales already wasted, yet no replacement for the guy who got them 20+ goals, save for a junior player who does more running than score goals.

I think some of these managers believe in their own shytte....cant blame them especially when you get paid handsomely to go roll in the shytte when sacked!
I think some of the managers are in bed with the agents with the inflated players buying racket.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Guv007 wrote:
oloye wrote:I still cannot understand the Sigurdsson buy, that guy is not worth more than 15 milla never mind the 45milla tag. He is a decent player and deadly at deadball situations. But his game is here and there, no way near 45 milla.

I think some of the managers are in bed with the agents with the inflated players buying racket.
I think it goes higher than that. Look at the source of the money, some money man from Asia pops up in the club and suddenly they start splashing obscene money on anything that looks like a player..and when such actually is a player like Neymar they go over the top.

Money is changing hands,something is going on in the finacial world. A recession just passed that affected everything including banks....but football was the only industry that was still able to spend ridiculous money.

The managers are just pawn, i can wager a bet they are being told to go after certain players that can justify stupid money being spent.

I mean Barca spent how much on that Dembele kid again? What happened to the acclaimed Barca academy...did they go on strike?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I am about to add Winfred Bony to this list. A complete waste of 12 million
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

"Did Man City scam Leicester for £25m"
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I think Gylfi is used to a particular style and that is with the team built around him.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8