Ghana vs Nigeria WAFU Cup *Links*

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana vs Nigeria WAFU Cup *Links*

Post by Orion »

Just saw the highlights. The ref's decision on that clear penalty was very strange and the Ghanaians did not protest. They then let in 2 easy goals with their goalie literally diving in the opposite direction of the ball. :rotf: Wondering if it's a WAFU cup fix to see Nigeria through.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Orion wrote:Just saw the highlights. The ref's decision on that clear penalty was very strange and the Ghanaians did not protest. They then let in 2 easy goals with their goalie literally diving in the opposite direction of the ball. :rotf: Wondering if it's a WAFU cup fix to see Nigeria through.
That ref call was really bizarre.

There is nothing easy about the first goal. The 2nd, the goalkeeper was moving to his right and then tried moving left. I don't know if it was caused by deflection.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Orion wrote:Just saw the highlights. The ref's decision on that clear penalty was very strange and the Ghanaians did not protest. They then let in 2 easy goals with their goalie literally diving in the opposite direction of the ball. :rotf: Wondering if it's a WAFU cup fix to see Nigeria through.
They way those Ghanaian players were hacking down the Nigerians, doubt they would be amenable to a fix...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
niyi wrote:chai... ezenwa don kill us o.

luckily we escape without a card
In fact you're a sausage :curse: :veryangry:
That should have been a penalty and a card for our keeper.
Ezenwa need to be mindful or should have learned from the penalty he conceded in our game with Cameroon
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:

Somebody need to to teach Ezenwa well, else he will cause us many games with such "penalty prone" action(s).
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ezenwa problem is overconfidence. Also he needs to cut out that annoying goal celebration of his. I'm surprised the ex Congolese keeper that invented that move has not sued him yet for copyright infringement.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ezenwa problem is that he likes attention. He is flamboyant goalkeeper, the type that will dive after catching the ball so that he can be caught on Camera...He is good so I am not mad at him. He just needs to calm down a little
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:Ezenwa problem is overconfidence. Also he needs to cut out that annoying goal celebration of his. I'm surprised the ex Congolese keeper that invented that move has not sued him yet for copyright infringement.
Ezenwa has been doing the celebration since the u20s
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

bret- hart wrote:Ezenwa problem is overconfidence. Also he needs to cut out that annoying goal celebration of his. I'm surprised the ex Congolese keeper that invented that move has not sued him yet for copyright infringement.
I see that law is not your specialty.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...because it was 50-50 ball, plus Ezenwa sold the (his) injury well. May be next time una go stop yelling at him for faking injury.
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Ghana should not be allowed to host chicken football, talk less of human footy if she cannot cut her grass and roll it for proper ball movement. Same thing happened during the 2008 AFCON.
Goldenera94
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

mcal wrote:
...because it was 50-50 ball, plus Ezenwa sold the (his) injury well. May be next time una go stop yelling at him for faking injury.
And we should be proud of that? What are we Uruguay or Egypt?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Somebody need to to teach Ezenwa well, else he will cause us many games with such "penalty prone" action(s).
Oho.
That's why we need the experience of.................... :D

(You be my friend, so I no wan vex you dis early mor-mor) :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

This illiterate get mouth..educate yourself first..kai a none entity get mouth to give advice. .chei..this world don spoil finish..I wonder who go help or teach you how to reason ..single critical thinking you no sabi..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

From the first game where he dribbled a forward in the goal box, I marked Ezenwa down as eccentric.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mcal wrote:
It seems you do not understand the basic rules of the game. If the goalie comes out he needs to get the ball or NOT impede the attacker. It does not matter if it's 50-50. If he clearly misses the ball and then impedes the attacker in 18-yard box that's a penalty.

He got away with it this time because it's the WAFU cup, an ailing competition, and they probably needed Nigeria to progress. He will not get away with this in a World Cup game regardless of how long he feigned injury.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Jose Chilavert, Rene Higuita Fabien Bartez, Peter Schmeichel, Peter Rufai, Thomas Nkono, Michel Prued’homme, Ollie Kahn and Sepp Maier amongst others goalkeepers of old, all fall in the annals of football as some of the greatest to have EVER played the game. The singular thing they had in common was that they were ALL deemed ECCENTRIC.

Kid, so far, has been getting the job done. In over 630 minutes of competitive international football, he has been beaten twice, via penalties (Benin and Cameroon). Yes, I will GLADLY take his eccentricity!
Cristao II wrote:From the first game where he dribbled a forward in the goal box, I marked Ezenwa down as eccentric.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Otitokoro wrote:Jose Chilavert, Rene Higuita Fabien Bartez, Peter Schmeichel, Peter Rufai, Thomas Nkono, Michel Prued’homme, Ollie Kahn and Sepp Maier amongst others goalkeepers of old, all fall in the annals of football as some of the greatest to have EVER played the game. The singular thing they had in common was that they were ALL deemed ECCENTRIC.

Kid, so far, has been getting the job done. In over 630 minutes of competitive international football, he has been beaten twice, via penalties (Benin and Cameroon). Yes, I will GLADLY take his eccentricity!
Cristao II wrote:From the first game where he dribbled a forward in the goal box, I marked Ezenwa down as eccentric.
Gianluigi Buffon, David De Gea are two of the best gks in the game who are not eccentric. You also have GKs like Lloris and Hart who are eccentric. Imagine the heart in mouth moments. Eccentricity is not a pre-requisite to being a good keeper. It is actually preferred that the keeper isnt very eccentric.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

same observation with him, needs to calm down a bit or go speak with Keita - thinking game was comfortable and he can do as he pleases - completely forgot he was on the world stage.. and not El Kanemi
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Otitokoro wrote:Jose Chilavert, Rene Higuita Fabien Bartez, Peter Schmeichel, Peter Rufai, Thomas Nkono, Michel Prued’homme, Ollie Kahn and Sepp Maier amongst others goalkeepers of old, all fall in the annals of football as some of the greatest to have EVER played the game. The singular thing they had in common was that they were ALL deemed ECCENTRIC.

...no mind our Nigerians. We win na palaver we lose na same palaver. I sense the dislike of the guy by some here is because he is home based.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Ezenwa has been doing the celebration since the u20s

Something most guys who follow naija should know
Last edited by osita on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

If baseball dey close Ezenwa go use am for field
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

mcal wrote:

...no mind our Nigerians. We win na palaver we lose na same palaver. I sense the dislike of the guy by some here is because he is home based.
This is news to me - I dislike Ezenwa? Do I dislike Lloris? Why is a comment about his eccenticity seen as hating?

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8