Should we not be playing a friendly after Zambia match?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should we not be playing a friendly after Zambia match?

Post by Gotti »

Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Orion wrote:You have to qualify FIRST. Anything else you do before then is an unnecessary distraction. There should be only ONE focus now - qualify.
:clap: :clap: no point playing a friendly before qualifying- learn from past- 2012 we all sure to beat Guinea and qualify for Nation cup - organised a friendly against Ghana in London- it turned out to be a useless goalless draw- Siasia fired days after.
Even if we have to qualify in Algeria in November, it still makes sense to use the October Fifa window. If anything, we need the friendly to test out players who may be used in Algiers.
No sane coach will change a team at that juncture, especially when they have not qualified yet and have no injuries.
Rohr is no such fool.
Even if - in the highly UNLIKELY event - they play poorly and lose badly to Zambia? :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija,

:rotf: :rotf: If na shake, I don dey shake since Zambia go win for Algeria. For me, now na 110% focus on Zambia and no distraction with one friendly or the other until we finish business with success for this October oo!
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I have thought about this but reached the conclusion that psychologically it may be best to just focus on the Zambia game this October. If we win that game v Zambia there is no reason to not to play two games in the next international window (i.e. v Algeria and a friendly). BUT lets be clear that international friendly is unlikely to be against a European opposition nor can it be in Europe based on FIFA's restrictions on games. It is more likely to be against an African opposition or if it is against a European opposition then the game MUST be in Africa to pass FIFA's scrutiny.

Haba Uncle EII, you sabi shake o! Even kongi go dey shake dey point at you say look at that shaker! :rotf:

I say we arrange 3 friendly. One right after the Zambia game to make it a double header, and then another appreciation march in PH where Imo state and Abia state "university students" (if you know what I mean :wink: ) will get an opportunity to enjoy their own the Fifa window also. :D
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

We will qualify on October 7 in Uyo by beating Zambia. When we needed to win at home and we had our full team, we won convincingly-ask Algeria, ask Cameroon. Rohr will get the team mentally ready, while Mikel will inspire them as V. Moses leads the persistent assault on the Zambian defense. By all means, you can start preparations for Russia. Ive completed mine.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Gotti wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Orion wrote:You have to qualify FIRST. Anything else you do before then is an unnecessary distraction. There should be only ONE focus now - qualify.
:clap: :clap: no point playing a friendly before qualifying- learn from past- 2012 we all sure to beat Guinea and qualify for Nation cup - organised a friendly against Ghana in London- it turned out to be a useless goalless draw- Siasia fired days after.
Even if we have to qualify in Algeria in November, it still makes sense to use the October Fifa window. If anything, we need the friendly to test out players who may be used in Algiers.
No sane coach will change a team at that juncture, especially when they have not qualified yet and have no injuries.
Rohr is no such fool.
Even if - in the highly UNLIKELY event - they play poorly and lose badly to Zambia? :blink:
The team would highly unlikely play a friendly so close after such a game.
And Rohr would be fired immediately.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Obong wrote:We will qualify on October 7 in Uyo by beating Zambia. When we needed to win at home and we had our full team, we won convincingly-ask Algeria, ask Cameroon. Rohr will get the team mentally ready, while Mikel will inspire them as V. Moses leads the persistent assault on the Zambian defense. By all means, you can start preparations for Russia. Ive completed mine.
And make sure the signboard does not work, make sure the ball disappears of we are leading, and ensure their players are partying night before, they can also train at 1naija old school
Oya back to the matter
open and close
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The thing that's causing me to shake is that SE have not played 3 consecutive games at top gear since the 94 wc group stage when we played Bulgaria,Greece and Argentina. God dey sha! :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The thing that's causing me to shake is that SE have not played 3 consecutive games at top gear since the 94 wc group stage when we played Bulgaria,Greece and Argentina. God dey sha! :scared:
CIV (qtr finals), Mali (s/f) and B Faso (final) at SA 2013 wasn't bad

Q
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Kabalega wrote:The team would highly unlikely play a friendly so close after such a game.
And Rohr would be fired immediately.
Why not? We played a friendly against Ghana after just such a poor performance in ANCQ in 2011...

While I personally think that we should just concentrate on the Zambia game at this point and not be distracted with organizing anything else, if such a friendly is already scheduled it will not be scrapped. And of course if players had performed poorly barely 3 days aprior, the more "sane" action would be to try other players in the squad. But of course this scenario is all theoretical since we are highly UNLIKELY to lose to Zambia in Uyo.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL