Should we not be playing a friendly after Zambia match?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Should we not be playing a friendly after Zambia match?

Post by vancity eagle »

God willing we beat Zambia and qualify for Russia. Should we not begin in earnest to prepare as much as we can and play as many friendliest as possible. Most national teams are playing twice in the October window. We should try to organize a match in Europe against a European side.

After all we have lots of players to test.

Aina
Onyekuru
Bonaventure
Success
Kelechi Nwakali
Kayode

Rohrs SE have not played a non African opposition. I am dying to see how they would fare.

We should be looking to play a Poland or a Wales Switzerland or a Sweden.

Worst case a Burkina Faso or a Morocco.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should we not be playing a friendly after Zambia match?

Post by vancity eagle »

Well actually all European, south American and concacaf sides will be playing 2 wc matches. So we can play an African or Asian side.

Japan
S Korea
Morocco
Egypt
Burkina Faso
Ghana
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Well if we beat Zambia, then Algeria is a friendly. :rotf: :rotf:

The good thing about Maigari is that he was good at organizing matches.

Pinnick on the other hand is good at watching EPL matches.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Uefa, Concacaf, Conmebol teams will be playing on October 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Basically, two matches during that window.

Now, we play Zambia on October 7, so should play another match on October 10. Japan, Iran, South Korea and Saudi Arabia have already qualified, so have no more matches to play.

New Zealand too have no match until their November play-off, so basically, we need to play one of these teams in Europe on October 10. Amaju Pinnick should get on the phone now to each of these FAs and arrange to play one of them at Fulham's The Cottage ground on October 10:

Saudi Arabia
South Korea
Japan
Iran
New Zealand
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Let's assume you lose against Zambia.
There is a 50/50 chance....

Then what?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Kabalega wrote:Let's assume you lose against Zambia.

Then what?
It is not 50/50 , The referees will have a great time in Uyo, Everybody must play their part.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Prince wrote:

Then what?
It is not 50/50 , The referees will have a great time in Uyo, Everybody must play their part.
:???: :???: :???:
You still want depend on referee..?

You forget say na WCup Qualifier..? Live on TV?

You better ask SAfrica & Lamptey...

Abeg, no talk this kind talk near Rohr & the boys o...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Uefa, Concacaf, Conmebol teams will be playing on October 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Basically, two matches during that window.

Now, we play Zambia on October 7, so should play another match on October 10. Japan, Iran, South Korea and Saudi Arabia have already qualified, so have no more matches to play.

New Zealand too have no match until their November play-off, so basically, we need to play one of these teams in Europe on October 10. Amaju Pinnick should get on the phone now to each of these FAs and arrange to play one of them at Fulham's The Cottage ground on October 10:

Saudi Arabia
South Korea
Japan
Iran
New Zealand
AYO/VE, thought FIFA rules was that you couldn't play games in 2 different continents in the same window...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Prince wrote:

Then what?
:???: :???: :???:
You still want depend on referee..?

You forget say na WCup Qualifier..? Live on TV?

You better ask SAfrica & Lamptey...

Abeg, no talk this kind talk near Rohr & the boys o...
Don't worry :D :D :D You just book your tickets to Russia
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Uefa, Concacaf, Conmebol teams will be playing on October 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Basically, two matches during that window.

Saudi Arabia
South Korea
Japan
Iran
New Zealand
AYO/VE, thought FIFA rules was that you couldn't play games in 2 different continents in the same window...

But in 2013, after our qualifier against Ethiopia the team flew to London to play Italy a few days later.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Then what?
I don't think you know what 50/50 means, lemme guess you put down your mortgage on Mcgregor? Eh Yah e Kpele.

Sorry oh!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

You have to qualify FIRST. Anything else you do before then is an unnecessary distraction. There should be only ONE focus now - qualify.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Orion wrote:You have to qualify FIRST. Anything else you do before then is an unnecessary distraction. There should be only ONE focus now - qualify.
:clap: :clap: no point playing a friendly before qualifying- learn from past- 2012 we all sure to beat Guinea and qualify for Nation cup - organised a friendly against Ghana in London- it turned out to be a useless goalless draw- Siasia fired days after.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

walesvilla wrote:
Orion wrote:You have to qualify FIRST. Anything else you do before then is an unnecessary distraction. There should be only ONE focus now - qualify.
:clap: :clap: no point playing a friendly before qualifying- learn from past- 2012 we all sure to beat Guinea and qualify for Nation cup - organised a friendly against Ghana in London- it turned out to be a useless goalless draw- Siasia fired days after.

Even if we have to qualify in Algeria in November, it still makes sense to use the October Fifa window. If anything, we need the friendly to test out players who may be used in Algiers.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

Even if we have to qualify in Algeria in November, it still makes sense to use the October Fifa window. If anything, we need the friendly to test out players who may be used in Algiers.
No sane coach will change a team at that juncture, especially when they have not qualified yet and have no injuries.
Rohr is no such fool.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I have thought about this but reached the conclusion that psychologically it may be best to just focus on the Zambia game this October. If we win that game v Zambia there is no reason to not to play two games in the next international window (i.e. v Algeria and a friendly). BUT lets be clear that international friendly is unlikely to be against a European opposition nor can it be in Europe based on FIFA's restrictions on games. It is more likely to be against an African opposition or if it is against a European opposition then the game MUST be in Africa to pass FIFA's scrutiny.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Prince wrote:

Then what?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You be proper craze man.

Remember back in the day when Ogunjobi used to sort out even stubborn teams? I remember Ghana players sushing over champagne bottles in PH to celebrate WC qualifier they just lost. :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:Well if we beat Zambia, then Algeria is a friendly. :rotf: :rotf:

The good thing about Maigari is that he was good at organizing matches.

Pinnick on the other hand is good at watching EPL matches.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously - Chief Tbite - I agree to everything you said.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:I have thought about this but reached the conclusion that psychologically it may be best to just focus on the Zambia game this October. If we win that game v Zambia there is no reason to not to play two games in the next international window (i.e. v Algeria and a friendly). BUT lets be clear that international friendly is unlikely to be against a European opposition nor can it be in Europe based on FIFA's restrictions on games. It is more likely to be against an African opposition or if it is against a European opposition then the game MUST be in Africa to pass FIFA's scrutiny.

Haba Uncle EII, you sabi shake o! Even kongi go dey shake dey point at you say look at that shaker! :rotf:

I say we arrange 3 friendly. One right after the Zambia game to make it a double header, and then another appreciation march in PH where Imo state and Abia state "university students" (if you know what I mean :wink: ) will get an opportunity to enjoy their own the Fifa window also. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote: Let's assume you lose against Zambia.

Then what?
... though anything is possible, but I have to disagree with you on this one - Sir! There is no way we can lose in Uyo (our backyard) to Zambia. If we lose, it will be best to sign an agreement in the center of the field and give the WC spot to Zambia.
Last edited by Odas on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:I have thought about this but reached the conclusion that psychologically it may be best to just focus on the Zambia game this October. If we win that game v Zambia there is no reason to not to play two games in the next international window (i.e. v Algeria and a friendly). BUT lets be clear that international friendly is unlikely to be against a European opposition nor can it be in Europe based on FIFA's restrictions on games. It is more likely to be against an African opposition or if it is against a European opposition then the game MUST be in Africa to pass FIFA's scrutiny.

Hmmmmmmmm. We can invite teams not playing games that weekend to Uyo for a game. I listed about five teams not playing matches during that window.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thank you!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Uncle EII, you sabi shake o! Even kongi go dey shake dey point at you say look at that shaker! :rotf:

I say we arrange 3 friendly. One right after the Zambia game to make it a double header, and then another appreciation march in PH where Imo state and Abia state "university students" (if you know what I mean :wink: ) will get an opportunity to enjoy their own the Fifa window also. :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai, una go kill me hia one day wit lafta