Ghana fielding blackstars in WAFU

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ghana fielding blackstars in WAFU

Post by jette1 »

make them no carry old men wound small pikins
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Ghana fielding blackstars in WAFU

Post by Rawlings »

why should Ghana field Super Eagles?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I thought they (Ghana) where the Black Stars or was I mistaken all along?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I thought they (Ghana) where the Black Stars or was I mistaken all along?
It goes back to a debate about who is the SE. Basically ANY senior team that represent Nigeria or Ghana etc in association football. are the Super Eagles and Black Stars respectively, although some people might not like that. Frankly I don't care, as long as FIFA rankings don't take those matches into account as competitive fixtures.

but I guess Jette was making a distinction between watered down regional sides and more competitive sides. I guess Ghana has been fielding a more competitive team compared to other countries like Nigeria and CIV?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Rawlings wrote:why should Ghana field Super Eagles?
A rare strike!
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:make them no carry old men wound small pikins
Are countries not allowed to field qualified players in WAFU Cup games? If the players are qualified to be fielded based on the rule, then what is the issue?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Odas wrote:
jette1 wrote:make them no carry old men wound small pikins
Are countries not allowed to field qualified players in WAFU Cup games? If the players are qualified to be fielded based on the rule, then what is the issue?
the issue is what TBIT wrote preceding yours if you read it
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."