Malitoli believes '"Newly mixed" Chipolopolo ......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Malitoli believes '"Newly mixed" Chipolopolo ......

Post by Sir V »

.....team can beat Nigeria.

http://www.zambianobserver.com/malitoli ... t-nigeria/

Former Zambian international Mordon Malitoli is confident the current Chipolopolo team have what it takes to beat the Super Eagles of Nigeria in Uyo on matchday five of the FIFA 2018 World Cup Russia qualifier in October 7.

The Eagles lead African qualifying Group B on 10 points, three points ahead of second-placed Zambia who are on seven points.

Speaking to Fazfootball.com Malitoli urged the players not to be intimidated by the profile of some of the Super Eagles players who play in big European leagues.

“I think we should believe that we can beat Nigeria,” Malitoli, who played against the Super Eagles in the final of the Tunisia 1994 Africa Cup of Nations which Zambia lost 2-1, said.

“We have a good mix of youth, local players and foreign-based players. This is very good because these are players that want to prove that they can represent the country well.

“The same way we beat Algeria, we can beat Nigeria. The players just need to believe that they can overcome and then it will be done.

“Let the players not be intimidated by players in top clubs. Remember that we won the Africa Cup of Nations against big teams with star players. We will have to fight as a unit to beat Nigeria.”

Malitoli said that the players should be motivated by the possibility of featuring at the FIFA World Cup for the first time.

He added: “If we beat Nigeria at their home then it means the chances of going to Russia are very open. That should motivate the players to take their chance and beat Nigeria. We have to prepare very well for this game because it will be very tough.”

Zambia defeated Algeria home and away in early September but the SuperEagles defeated Chipolopolo 2-1 in Ndola in their first meeting in the group stage in October 2016.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Malitoli believes '"Newly mixed" Chipolopolo ......

Post by Goldleaf »

In CAN 1994 Final, Emmanuel Amunike bruised Mordon Malitoli's eyelid and he Malitoli finished the rest of the match with a huge bandage/plaster around his head. In Uyo, our boys will finish the rest on the chipolopolo; disclocate the jaw, break a few teeth, break the nose etc etc
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Goldleaf wrote:In CAN 1994 Final, Emmanuel Amunike bruised Mordon Malitoli's eyelid and he Malitoli finished the rest of the match with a huge bandage/plaster around his head. In Uyo, our boys will finish the rest on the chipolopolo; disclocate the jaw, break a few teeth, break the nose etc etc
:scared: There's no need for violence the eagles will glide elegantly whilst picking off their prey (I guess that'll be a little less brutal)!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Ghansnese believe they will top their WCQ group
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

What else should they say? Nigeria just need to do the business next month no need for too much talking
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

2 weeks to go....
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

The funny aspect is that from Malitoli to present team, one thing in common, a 2:1 loss to Nigeria
Goldenera94
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I think Uncle Sir V is an undercover shaker. He, Kongi, EII are among our best shakers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

1naija wrote:I think Uncle Sir V is an undercover shaker. He, Kongi, EII are among our best shakers.
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

1naija wrote:I think Uncle Sir V is an undercover shaker. He, Kongi, EII are among our best shakers.
My bro, i don start to shake. :) :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16