LIE 2 Liv 3(Kele on, Ndidi on)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

icee
Egg
Egg
LIE 2 Liv 3(Kele on, Ndidi on)

Post by icee »

Ndidi playing extremely well. Best performance I've seen of him this season. He seems to have improved in a few minor areas versus the start of the season. If Ndidi can tweak a few final parts of his game (e.g be defter in his passes; drive forward more directly aka Viera), he can rise to become a top 3 worldwide. I mean world class type DM.
icee
Egg
Egg
Re: LIE 2 Liv 3(Kele on, Ndidi on)

Post by icee »

LIV RB - Gomez isn't convincing - not ready to start, shouldn't be starting
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Tweak or make significant improvements? A tweak would imply a subtler change, many would contest such conclusion. Wilfred has the attributes to be a colossus, but must first learn how to make his burdens a blessing. Lugging 15 or so stone up and down a pitch, constantly changing directions and intensity is not easy. And arguably easier for the Kantes and Claudes. But there have been giants on the field, goliaths who've trampled over David and sired his wife. Yaya, Vieira, in the briefest of moments, Bakayoko in Chelsea blue has shown such traits and intentions. To expect a box to box dynamo would be nonsensical, but a well-timed running juggernaut is definitely an achievable endpoint.

Ndidi needs to learn how to conserve his energy to optimise the efficiency of his engine and improve his in-game IQ, to know when to gallop and when to glide. Sadly, such a curriculum is unlikely to come under Shakespeare, so it remains a midsummer night's dream.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:^Tweak or make significant improvements? A tweak would imply a subtler change, many would contest such conclusion. Wilfred has the attributes to be a colossus, but must first learn how to make his burdens a blessing. Lugging 15 or so stone up and down a pitch, constantly changing directions and intensity is not easy. And arguably easier for the Kantes and Claudes. But there have been giants on the field, goliaths who've trampled over David and sired his wife. Yaya, Vieira, in the briefest of moments, Bakayoko in Chelsea blue has shown such traits and intentions. To expect a box to box dynamo would be nonsensical, but a well-timed running juggernaut is definitely an achievable endpoint.

Ndidi needs to learn how to conserve his energy to optimise the efficiency of his engine and improve his in-game IQ, to know when to gallop and when to glide. Sadly, such a curriculum is unlikely to come under Shakespeare, so it remains a midsummer night's dream.
I think Ndidi might do well at a club like Liverpool.....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Coach wrote:^Tweak or make significant improvements? A tweak would imply a subtler change, many would contest such conclusion. Wilfred has the attributes to be a colossus, but must first learn how to make his burdens a blessing. Lugging 15 or so stone up and down a pitch, constantly changing directions and intensity is not easy. And arguably easier for the Kantes and Claudes. But there have been giants on the field, goliaths who've trampled over David and sired his wife. Yaya, Vieira, in the briefest of moments, Bakayoko in Chelsea blue has shown such traits and intentions. To expect a box to box dynamo would be nonsensical, but a well-timed running juggernaut is definitely an achievable endpoint.

I think you see at least some of what I see (you probably see more). I commented on Ndidi first and second game of the season and observed that he didn't get his "switches" right. What do I mean by "switch".?? I think your comment on when to gallop vs. when to glide captures one dimension. The dimension that was apparent to me was when to A) Play the space (both offensively as an outlet and defensively to effectively stall offensive onslaught) and when to (B) Play the man (track the man instead of space). The fuild "siwtch" between A & B, right time, right situation during the game is a function of what you probably refer to as "in-game IQ". At this stage, i'm probably nitpicking only because I think he has all the tools. I'm thankful and excited with who he is as is...but men..if he hones these few parts, He'll be a rarity. The word "tweak" was more of a figurative statement, more reflects my beleive in Ndidi that he can handle those areas of improvement. I think he has improved his "Switch" already. Watch the Arsenal game earlier versus today's game.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

How was Nacho's game?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Rawlings wrote:How was Nacho's game?
well... you tell me.