Pep was right. Iheanacho has regressed terribly!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pep was right. Iheanacho has regressed terribly!!

Post by bushboy »

I hate to admit it, but the sale of Kelechi seems to have been the right move by Pep. The lad has lost his way. He was absolutely terrible in his first start of the season last week, and was equally bad in his cameo appearance today.
The promising U-17 class of 2013 seem to be all on a downward spiral. My boy Isaac included.
Whoever says we don't need Tammy Abraham is totally delusional.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pep was right. Iheanacho has regressed terribly!!

Post by maceo4 »

Now you have turned your focus to Tammy, this guy sef, give Kele time to adjust, he's now turned into a Yakubu you have to feed him for him to have any sort of effect on the game. Unfortunately he doesn't have teammates who can.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bushboy wrote:I hate to admit it, but the sale of Kelechi seems to have been the right move by Pep. The lad has lost his way. He was absolutely terrible in his first start of the season last week, and was equally bad in his cameo appearance today.
The promising U-17 class of 2013 seem to be all on a downward spiral. My boy Isaac included.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^He's too young to inflict such an injury upon himself. He'll never be a go go gadget workaholic like Okazaki, but he can embrace youthful exuberance ala Rashford and do more than he the quintessential Nigerian. Yes, it's in his DNA, but he can fake it till he makes it.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

A lot of issues with Iheanacho. I am a big advocate of his but it seems his game is limited to just finishing. He will find it hard to get games in even midtable teams in the top flight, especially the Premier league. He is lacking in physicality, composure on the ball and aerial capability and he is also seriously one footed. He needs to find a team that will play him and play him enough to at least get some of those things because he will go on a downward spiral.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

He had no preseason...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

and people are saying there is no room for the likes of Bonaventure, Onyekuru, Abraham, Dessers etc.

As poor as Iheanacho is now, Ahmed Musa cannot even make the bench of this club and has been demoted to playing for the reserve team against U23 teams.

Rohr better think again if he thinks he has his attacking contingent for Russia.

I still think Nacho is an important part of SE by the way.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

vancity eagle wrote:and people are saying there is no room for the likes of Bonaventure, Onyekuru, Abraham, Dessers etc.

As poor as Iheanacho is now, Ahmed Musa cannot even make the bench of this club and has been demoted to playing for the reserve team against U23 teams.

Rohr better think again if he thinks he has his attacking contingent for Russia.

I agree with this. I think he will end up like a Carlos Vela, Lukas Poldoski, Miroslav Klose or Eduardo Vargas type of player. Not so good for their club but a good player for their country.

I think the system we have in the SE suits his game way more than Leicester or Manchester City, but he still needs to improve a lot to be a starter for us.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TheHitman47 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:and people are saying there is no room for the likes of Bonaventure, Onyekuru, Abraham, Dessers etc.

I agree with this. I think he will end up like a Carlos Vela, Lukas Poldoski, Miroslav Klose or Eduardo Vargas type of player. Not so good for their club but a good player for their country.

I think the system we have in the SE suits his game way more than Leicester or Manchester City, but he still needs to improve a lot to be a starter for us.

Yes he needs to improve his game a lot. He is too one dimensional.

The last few matches it became painfully obvious that Nacho cannot be the lead pointman to our attack. Rohr knows this. Currently I will take Ighalo (playing in China and all) ahead of Nacho as the point man any day of the week. Nacho will be limited to being a supersub, unless he can offer more on the wings than Simon, Iwobi, etc.

Or unless there are injuries to key positions.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Umm van city of course people should rightly dismiss backwater league players because we're aspiring to hit the top. No disrespect to those players you listed but they need to switch clubs then should be analyzed. I'm pretty sure that players like musa, iheanacho would tear those backwater leagues with goals. At this point if we're going to call up new players then it has to be an upgrade and not a downgrade
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

bushboy wrote:I hate to admit it, but the sale of Kelechi seems to have been the right move by Pep. The lad has lost his way. He was absolutely terrible in his first start of the season last week, and was equally bad in his cameo appearance today.
You have started your success vs iheanacho
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

If Iheanacho has regressed its because of Pep (some obviously bad pointers as to how he should play), and as someone mentioned he had no pre-season plus he got injured just after moving.

He is not playing as well as two seasons ago, but you have to blame Pep for that.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Umm van city of course people should rightly dismiss backwater league players because we're aspiring to hit the top. No disrespect to those players you listed but they need to switch clubs then should be analyzed. I'm pretty sure that players like musa, iheanacho would tear those backwater leagues with goals. At this point if we're going to call up new players then it has to be an upgrade and not a downgrade

What nonsense.

Moses Simon is a SE starter, ahead in the pecking order of Musa who cannot even make the bench at Leicester.

Both Onyekuru and Bonaventure are doing better than Simon IN THE SAME LEAGUE.

So on what green earth can you say "backwater leagues" when the players I am talking about are doing better in this same league than a guy who is already a SE starter.

You are talking utter nonsense.

The same people saying Abraham is not needed are pumping up Umar, who is yet to even play a game for his club while Abraham already has 2 goals.

These same people say that Onyekuru and Bonaventure are not good enough, yet they are both doing better in the Belgian league than Simon.

THese same people telling us Musa cannot be kicked out, yet Musa is not good enough to make the bench of an EPL team fighting relegation.

You make no sense.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

As for advocating for Abraham...

Have you guys seen him play for Swansea? Jordan Ayew is much better and that says a lot.
He was even benched after his recent performances (and scored as a sub).

There is no strong frontrunner at the moment, as we have a bunch on non-consistent top league scorers, a bunch of temporarily bench players and a group of players scoring for fun in lesser leagues.
Last edited by marutimon on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Today must be bash the Nigerian player day.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

marutimon wrote:Have you guys seen him play for Swansea? Jordan Ayew is much better and that says a lot.
Yes. We saw Abraham score for Swansea today. Top scorer for Swansea this season. Says a lot.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

2 goals in 6 games...
As much as Oumar Niasse has in 30 minutes of playing time...
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

As of 2 weeks ago when he scored for Nigeria he hadn't regressed, now that mugus have their tv on a euro channel they're seeing regression.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

marutimon wrote:2 goals in 6 games...
Your comparison was with Ayew and it's been shown to be false.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I dont know about him regressing, vut i know he is in the wrong club. Leicester simply do not play the kind of kind that accomodates the likes of Kele.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

The YeyeMan wrote:
marutimon wrote:2 goals in 6 games...
Your comparison was with Ayew and it's been shown to be false.
He did not score more, but has been the better player. Abraham has been limited to his goal impact, while Ayew has helped create, defend and in general gets better notes for his performance.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

marutimon wrote:As for advocating for Abraham...

Have you guys seen him play for Swansea? Jordan Ayew is much better and that says a lot.
He was even benched after his recent performances (and scored as a sub).

There is no strong frontrunner at the moment, as we have a bunch on non-consistent top league scorers, a bunch of temporarily bench players and a group of players scoring for fun in lesser leagues.

malnutrition, which Ayew?

This one?

or this one?

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

quick to praise and quicker to crucify - some fans are fair weather supps
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!