Chidozie Awaziem Dazzles For Nantes Again, Gets New Nickname

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Chidozie Awaziem Dazzles For Nantes Again, Gets New Nickname

Post by chief nfachairman »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/25/ch ... -nickname/

Nigeria international defender Chidozie Awaziem post another fine performance for French side Nantes in their 2-1 win over Strasbourg in the French Ligue 1.

Awaziem posted another performance similar to the one that earned him a team of the week nomination last week in the win that lifted them to 5th on the log in France.

Last week the 20 year old played a very integral part in Nantes 1-0 win over Caen on his return from a three match ban owing to the red card he picked up before the international break.

Against Strasbourg particularly in the final ten minutes of the game, he was very solid in aerial duels and also read and intercepted play brilliantly to frustrate Strasbourg from reducing the deficit.

After the game fans of the club took to social media to praise his performance and in the process gave him a new nicknamed ” Le Roche”, which means “The Rock” in English.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chidozie Awaziem Dazzles For Nantes Again, Gets New Nick

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Moving from Porto to Nantes was a fantastic move. He is playing is a significantly stronger league and will improve faster here.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

When I said very soon he will the mainstay of SE defense some people doubted me.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I watched the game. I thinks Chidozie Awaziem's weakness is in the air. Stragbourgbstriker scored from a cross went into the box, Chidozie failed to mark the striker or put him off and the striker scored. From a free header similar to the way the South African scored.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Flex Swift wrote:I watched the game. I thinks Chidozie Awaziem's weakness is in the air. Stragbourgbstriker scored from a cross went into the box, Chidozie failed to mark the striker or put him off and the striker scored. From a free header similar to the way the South African scored.

Every talent network that evaluated the boy said aerial ability is one of his strong points except for CE coaches.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:I watched the game. I thinks Chidozie Awaziem's weakness is in the air. Stragbourgbstriker scored from a cross went into the box, Chidozie failed to mark the striker or put him off and the striker scored. From a free header similar to the way the South African scored.
If your description of events is accurate, sound more like sloppy marking than aerial deficiency....
Because, even going back to his Porto days, heading has always been one of his relative strengths.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
If your description of events is accurate, sound more like sloppy marking than aerial deficiency....
Because, even going back to his Porto days, heading has always been one of his relative strengths.
The Portuguese League is very poor when it comes to heading. The likes of Jimenez and other tall strikers who are useless go there and become highest goal scorer. :lol: Then you have very talented defenders like Lindelof who are amazing in that league go to other leagues and struggle very badly with high balls.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Highlights of the game
Judge for yourself
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bully12 wrote:When I said very soon he will the mainstay of SE defense some people doubted me.
ok you are fortune teller now clapp for yourself
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:The Portuguese League is very poor when it comes to heading. The likes of Jimenez and other tall strikers who are useless go there and become highest goal scorer. :lol: Then you have very talented defenders like Lindelof who are amazing in that league go to other leagues and struggle very badly with high balls.
Playing in the Portuguese League has not hurt the heading abilities of the likes of Pepe, David Luiz, Ricardo Carvalho, Christano Ronaldo and so many others. So, instead of making the wild precipitous extrapolation that you have made, abegi focus on the specific player being discussed. In that vein, with the benefit of having personally witnessed practically all of Awaziem’s games at Nantes (and I have the latest game on DVR and will watch it later), he is an above average header of the ball.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

:clap:
jette1 wrote:
bully12 wrote:When I said very soon he will the mainstay of SE defense some people doubted me.
ok you are fortune teller now clapp for yourself
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Every talent network that evaluated the boy said aerial ability is one of his strong points except for CE coaches.
his weakness in the air was exposed v southafrica
I hope he improves that aspect of his game
RIght now i wouldnt play him in a world or nations cup qualifier
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Flex Swift wrote:Highlights of the game
[/video] Judge for yourself
wow. who was marking the goalscorer at 0:50
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

smartbrother wrote:
I hope you guys realize he is only 20 and I am yet to see the CD that is the finished article at that age.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:wow. who was marking the goalscorer at 0:50
Like I suspected, sloppy marking...
We have seen that happen to the likes of John Terry, Thiago Silva - and every Liverpool CD! :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote:
smartbrother wrote:wow. who was marking the goalscorer at 0:50
Like I suspected, sloppy marking...
We have seen that happen to the likes of John Terry, Thiago Silva - and every Liverpool CD! :D
So we agree the thread title is misleading. ....I think he is a good defender who will get better with experience but let's not get carried away.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:So we agree the thread title is misleading. ....I think he is a good defender who will get better with experience but let's not get carried away.
Not necessarily (albeit I still haven't found time to watch the game)...
Players can make the odd mistake and still have a solid performance overall - and even get a new nickname! :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Dammy wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
I hope you guys realize he is only 20 and I am yet to see the CD that is the finished article at that age.
I totally agree. For the first time, we have players that are the ages they claim, or with the pics and documentation we have very close.
Guess, what, we now want them to play like the finished article. It's either we go back to old men, claiming to be their children's age, or we stick it out with the genuinely young and the learning curve they will go through.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.