The Arsenal 2 Vs West Brom 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal 2 Vs West Brom 0

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ojafranpa wrote:
Cito wrote:
kajifu wrote:Laca even with two goals he has been below average,we want a CF to score 5 be ruthless in such game.
Giroud a better player than this guy
Sometimes you say things that I wonder why you say them, bro.
You need passes before you score and how many times has Giroud scored 5 goals in a game.
They are 2 forwards that bring different skillsets to the table.
Na real wah for the guy.
he is not serious. Me I am happy with Lacazette. Not what I wanted, but I am happy with him. Good skill set, knows where the post is, has excellent movement.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Cito wrote:
kajifu wrote:Laca even with two goals he has been below average,we want a CF to score 5 be ruthless in such game.
You need passes before you score and how many times has Giroud scored 5 goals in a game.
Na real wah for the guy.
he is not serious. Me I am happy with Lacazette. Not what I wanted, but I am happy with him. Good skill set, knows where the post is, has excellent movement.
These are qualities I posted here about the player many a time. Now I expect more and Arsenal are working on more.

Don't worry, when he is through with Ben Johnson (Arsenal out sourced sprint Coach) plus the strength and conditioning Coaches and his team mates getting used to his movement, he gets to the next level.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I'll be damned if I'm going to be picky about manner of Arsenal wins this season.

Don't care if every Arsenal victory comes via magic from the lord of light. Bottom line take the points and get the hell out of dodge.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I'll be damned if I'm going to be picky about manner of Arsenal wins this season.

Don't care if every Arsenal victory comes via magic from the lord of light. Bottom line take the points and get the hell out of dodge.
KPOM KWEM!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Cito wrote:
Na real wah for the guy.
Unfortunately, that's symptomatic of many an Arsenal fan these days. When you hear or read what they say, you just shrug and move on. You can't really find words to respond with. People just talk for the sake of hearing their own voices, whether they make sense or not.

Lacazette has done very well so far. I hope and pray he continues this way, and keeps growing.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Cito wrote:
Na real wah for the guy.
Unfortunately, that's symptomatic of many an Arsenal fan these days. When you hear or read what they say, you just shrug and move on. You can't really find words to respond with. People just talk for the sake of hearing their own voices, whether they make sense or not.

Lacazette has done very well so far. I hope and pray he continues this way, and keeps growing.
Many here remind me of Mark Twain and this famous quote.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

They do not understand the game they are watching. They do not have a clue. Period. How can anyone who has been watching Lacazette even doubt him? Do they understand what they are watching?

Also, there is the stupid side to their nature. That side that makes you want bad for something you claim to want and like. These lot are stupid, they want Arsenal to lose and when it does not happen, they want to run down the players, team and Manager to somehow justify their stupidity.

If you know your football and your Arsenal, you will know the last time we had a player with the nose and instinct for goal like Lacazette was Ian Wright. What is even better is his poaching ability to go with his immense talents.

It a joy to watch him play. We are in heaven in that stadium with him. He does not give it lip like Wrighty used to do by taunting defenders but his movement is always too intelligent. He always seems to find space whilst taking up the best positions to score. Then he has that other sublime gift - a stupendous first touch.

But all of this is not enough, like Wrighty, you think he will relax and wait for his chance. Nope. He hustles and battles for every ball and everthing. Defenders get no single second of rest with him around. Just look how many times he battles and wins balls off defenders and midfielders.

What these people will never understand is the value of such a player in a football game even if it slaps them in the face. Arsenal had struggled that first half, they really should be at least a goal down, but playing badly did not stop them taking a priceless lead into half time. All because of the talent of a player who sniffed out and poached a goal from nothing. This will become a regular occurrence cos we have one man called Lacazette.

That took us back to the days of George Graham, when we played s**t and won the game 1 nil and we loved it. We love it now because it is only a matter of time a fitter and sharper Lacazette will wins us games on the road that makes you a serious title challenger.

In Lacazette, we now have the most important incredient for title winning success. A tight defence and were are serious contenders and challengers this season.

If anyone cannot see this, they are beyond help. For me, I will enjoy my football and my team. I am of course quietly optimistic for the best.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I'll be damned if I'm going to be picky about manner of Arsenal wins this season.

Poor first half defensively. I liked how the players tried to sort out themselves on the pitch. But it was reorganised in the dressing room and they were very good in the 2nd half. In the end, they coasted to the 3 points but it was not easy.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

You guys are something else, West Brom was poor and we should have put 6 pass them on another day.Score 2 goals does not mean I should not point out certain things. LACA beside his two goals did nothing,his link up play was poor.A better team he would not have score ,we all watch him against chelsea,he miss chances that a C.F. of his price tag should be putting away.We should have walk away with 3 points if he has score that goal Ramsey hit the post.
I'm happy we won but to win this league we have to be ruthless to this small teams,it's one of the reason city is top.
But like TG said take any win even if it's magic and move on.
So please guys stop the useless attack on me as if what I posted is a lie
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kajifu wrote:You guys are something else, West Brom was poor and we should have put 6 pass them on another day.Score 2 goals does not mean I should not point out certain things. LACA beside his two goals did nothing,his link up play was poor.A better team he would not have score ,we all watch him against chelsea,he miss chances that a C.F. of his price tag should be putting away.We should have walk away with 3 points if he has score that goal Ramsey hit the post.
I'm happy we won but to win this league we have to be ruthless to this small teams,it's one of the reason city is top.
Dude this is the EPL and any type of win that results in 3 points is good by me. You can choose to whine about it, na your selenge be that but as for me and my house we will take it and move on to the next game...Fact not feelings
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Robbynice wrote:
kajifu wrote:You guys are something else, West Brom was poor and we should have put 6 pass them on another day.Score 2 goals does not mean I should not point out certain things. LACA beside his two goals did nothing,his link up play was poor.A better team he would not have score ,we all watch him against chelsea,he miss chances that a C.F. of his price tag should be putting away.We should have walk away with 3 points if he has score that goal Ramsey hit the post.
Dude this is the EPL and any type of win that results in 3 points is good by me. You can choose to whine about it, na your selenge be that but as for me and my house we will take it and move on to the next game...Fact not feelings
When they say Arsenal fans are spoilt and deluded, you wonder why.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:
Bro give me a break biko,small pikin like you sabi..
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Really?
Go and look at the video of that once again. FYI, No forward on God green earth scores every chance they get.
No one is criticising you for saying your mind. I am just reminding you to filter some of the things you say/write that does not make any sense. It is a friendly advice and not in any way to stop you expressing your opinion. :thumb:

When you write things that make one scratch their head trying to figure the why/ how and what kind of thought process is applied to the writing, then I as a brother wants to call you so you can try doing better. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Cito wrote:
Really?
Go and look at the video of that once again. FYI, No forward on God green earth scores every chance they get.
No one is criticising you for saying your mind. I am just reminding you to filter some of the things you say/write that does not make any sense. It is a friendly advice and not in any way to stop you expressing your opinion. :thumb:

When you write things that make one scratch their head trying to figure the why/ how and what kind of thought process is applied to the writing, then I as a brother wants to call you so you can try doing better. :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Kajifu you don't have anything to apologize for ... let these blind sheep keep attacking you ... in the end it will always come out in the wash.

Last night was a proper shyt performance against a shyt team. When you need a referee bail you out to beat WEST BROM, then even a blind man can tell you have issues. We won thank God, but to attack anyone for pointing out how poor the performance was, is ridiculous
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
When they say Arsenal fans are spoilt and deluded, you wonder why.
Dude what the he'll you talk g about.?
Yea beloved fans are spoilt from taking rubbish same mistake every year ,deluded for keep thinking Wenger can take them again to the promise land .
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We are spoiled from losing to good teams. I'm so spoiled from losing to Bayern, Liverpool, ... So spoiled from losing to Stokes City ...
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Guys, leave Kajifu alone. We all have be crying out for a "goal machine". My guy was probably expecting an ACTUAL goal machine. :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Blukyt wrote:Guys, leave Kajifu alone. We all have be crying out for a "goal machine". My guy was probably expecting an ACTUAL goal machine. :rotf: :rotf:

Abi? For what it is worth, it appears Laca is the first new signing in ~ 40 yrs to score in their first 3 consecutive home games...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Kajifu you don't have anything to apologize for ... let these blind sheep keep attacking you ... in the end it will always come out in the wash.

Last night was a proper shyt performance against a shyt team. When you need a referee bail you out to beat WEST BROM, then even a blind man can tell you have issues. We won thank God, but to attack anyone for pointing out how poor the performance was, is ridiculous
Thanks Uncle the is a reason you know your score, :clap: :clap: