MIKEL, MOSES, IGHALO HEAD 23-MAN SQUAD FOR ZAMBIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
MIKEL, MOSES, IGHALO HEAD 23-MAN SQUAD FOR ZAMBIA

Post by anointed »

Rohr calls up Mikel, Moses, Ighalo, 20 others for Zambia

EAGLES IN TRAINING - NDOLA3
Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, has called up 23 players for next week’s all –important 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying showdown against the Chipolopolo of Zambia in Uyo.

Skipper Mikel John Obi and forward Odion Ighalo (both based in China) and England –based Victor Moses, who bossed the two encounters against Cameroon earlier this month, retained their places, but Portugal –based goalkeeper Dele Alampasu dropped down to the standby sector alongside wing back Tyronne Ebuehi, and South Africa –based Daniel Akpeyi and Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi return after injury knocked them out of the sessions against the African champions.

The list is essentially the same personnel that decimated the Indomitable Lions, with defenders Leon Balogun, Abdullahi Shehu, William Ekong and Elderson Echiejile, midfielders Wilfred Ndidi, Ogenyi Onazi and Oghenekaro Etebo and forwards Ahmed Musa, Kelechi Iheanacho, Moses Simon, and Anthony Nwakaeme also included.

Two home –based professionals, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi and Afeez Aremu, who were part of the Super Eagles B that finished as runners –up at the just –concluded WAFU Cup of Nations in Ghana, are in the standy sector but will join the team’s training sessions in Uyo.

Nigeria welcome Zambia on Saturday, 7th October at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, with the minimum win to guarantee a sixth FIFA World Cup appearance in Russia next year summer ahead of the final qualifying match away to Algeria in November.

All invited players are to report in Uyo on Monday, 2nd October 2017.

THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC IfeanyiUbah); Ayodele Ajiboye (Plateau United FC)

Defenders: William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Abdullahi Shehu (Anorthosis Famagusta, Cyprus); Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany); Elderson Echiejile (Sivasspor FC, Turkey); Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium); Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France); Olaoluwa Aina (Hull City, England)

Midfielders: Mikel John Obi (Tianjin Teda, China); Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (CD Feirense, Portugal); John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Mikel Agu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Leicester City, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Odion Ighalo (Chang Chun-Yatai, China); Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England); Anthony Nwakaeme (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel)

STANDBY: Dele Alampasu (Cesarense FC, Portugal); Tyronne Ebuehi (ADO Den Haag, The Netherlands); Aaron Samuel (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Afeez Aremu (Akwa United); Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa Utd)
http://www.thenff.com/2017/09/rohr-call ... rs-zambia/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MIKEL, MOSES, IGHALO HEAD 23-MAN SQUAD FOR ZAMBIA

Post by Tbite »

If akpeyi starts I will slap Rohr so hard he will permanently resemble a tiger.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

No surprises... Squad list was just as expected..
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Tbite wrote:If akpeyi starts I will slap Rohr so hard he will permanently resemble a tiger.
Sure there will no changes to the starting 11 except injury

Despite success against Cameroon its not my best 11 – for team to make impact in Russia(if qualify)
Right and left back positions ??
Simon Moses ??
Enzemwa ?? will still start a 80% fit Carl.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Did not expect Ebuehi to be dropped and placed on the standby list. Probably has to do with what Rohr needs for the game because Agbo has moved up from the standby list to replace Ebuehi.
yes o
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

papilo wrote:Did not expect Ebuehi to be dropped and placed on the standby list. Probably has to do with what Rohr needs for the game because Agbo has moved up from the standby list to replace Ebuehi.
Plus Alampasu replaced by Ajiboye on main list. Aremu's good play atWAFU rewarded.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

papilo wrote:Did not expect Ebuehi to be dropped and placed on the standby list. Probably has to do with what Rohr needs for the game because Agbo has moved up from the standby list to replace Ebuehi.
I think it's really Ainas availability that made Ebuehi surplus, he's just not good enough anyways.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Afeez Aremu says Eagles call-up has wiped away WAFU Cup disappointment
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/09/26/a ... pointment/
By admin - September 26, 2017, 9:34 am106 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Afeez Aremu has been called up to the main Eagles training camp after his displays in the WAFU Cup
Afeez Aremu has told SCORENigeria his call-up to the Super Eagles for next month’s World Cup qualifier against Zambia has made up for the disappointment of losing the WAFU Cup final to Ghana.

Nigeria lost the 2017 WAFU Cup to rivals Ghana on Sunday night in Cape Coast.

Aremu and Akwa United teammate Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, who also featured in the WAFU Cup final, have been named on standby for the October 7 World Cup qualifier against Zambia in Uyo.

“I am so excited and proud to be called up to the main Super Eagles,” Aremu told SCORENigeria

“To be part of the main Eagles is another big opportunity in my career.

“This has made up for the disappointment of losing to Ghana in the WAFU Cup final on Sunday.”

Aremu: Rohr told me I will train with Super Eagles

The youngest player on the WAFU Cup squad gave a more graphic account on how after the loss to Ghana he was told inside the dressing room by Eagles coach Gernot Rohr he will train with the Eagles for the Zambia clash.

“I sat down dejected and trying to recount the goals we conceded to Ghana when the coach (Rohr) came up to me and told me I will train with the Eagles in Uyo,” he told SCORENigeria

“It was a big and nice surprise to me because at that time I was only agonising about how we lost the WAFU Cup and also the prize money of $100,000.”

By Wale Oyekanmi
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Revealed – Why Leicester City Ace Ahmed Musa Is One Of Rohr’s Favourite
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/25/re ... favourite/
September 25, 2017049

The calls for the coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr to drop Leicester City forward Ahmed Musa from his squad for the upcoming crucial World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie against Zambia has become louder than ever.

Rohr has included Musa in all of his squad since taking over as coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, despite the limited game time the forward is currently enduring at Leicester City since his move last summer.

Musa saw a deadline day move to Hull City fall through on transfer deadline day, leaving him with no choice but to remain at Leicester City where he is yet to get a minute of action for the first team this season.

However he played for the U23s and picked up two assists against their Chelsea counterparts, but his bit part role at the club has lead to calls for him to be dropped by the Franco-German coach.

” Musa is no doubt in danger of losing his spot in the national team. Rohr loves him because he is very popular in the dressing room, well respected and loved by his team-mates “, an aide to the coach told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The fact that he is not getting games at Leicester City is a big worry for the technical crew. On the pitch his pace helps the team when we want to play counter attacking football and he is very dedicated to the course of the team, but for now his form isn’t the best.

” It’s up to the coach to decide on calling him up, and the last time I checked he belong to an exclusive list of senior players in the team which the coach love to have around the young players”. He concluded

Osas Mahawi
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Balogun and Moses are invited good.
'
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am happy Musa is on the list...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

ohenhen1 wrote:Balogun and Moses are invited good.
'
add Mikel and Igaho :biggrin:

all four out - congratulations Zambia
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

maceo4 wrote:
I think it's really Ainas availability that made Ebuehi surplus, he's just not good enough anyways.
Yeah but considering we have no back up leftback. Most teams go with 2 leftbacks and 2 right backs. I guess Rohr has not been impressed with Ebuehi. I must say though that he has been really good so far this season.
yes o
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Enugu II wrote:
Plus Alampasu replaced by Ajiboye on main list. Aremu's good play atWAFU rewarded.
I suspect Alampasu is injured. He has not been on the bench for his club since returning from international duty.
yes o
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:If akpeyi starts I will slap Rohr so hard he will permanently resemble a tiger.
I hope Akpeyi doesn't start, but I suspect he might. If that happens, Akpeyi must be better than I give him credit for
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Odas wrote:
I hope Akpeyi doesn't start, but I suspect he might. If that happens, Akpeyi must be better than I give him credit for
I think Rohr insinuated that Ezenwa will start in that channels tv interview.
yes o
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

papilo wrote:
Odas wrote:
I think Rohr insinuated that Ezenwa will start in that channels tv interview.
I'm delighted to hear coach Rohr planned to start Ezenwa instead and I hope he does so. Akpeyi now know he has work to do (improve), else ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Not surprised one bit....

I said it here on CE that I have watched him enough to agree with Ebuehi himself on his initial self-assessment and hesitation that he was far from ready for the SE (and watching him last weekend against Ajax firmly reaffirmed that for me), but was nonetheless attacked by the likes of the ever-mouthy BP.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
:agree:

Totally agree on both points...

Don’t want to bang on on the FB-HB dichotomy, but if dude was HB he wouldn’t even make the HB team talk less of the main squad. Anyway, it’s all good that he’s now on the SE radar, let him keep developing and we’ll see how it ultimately goes. You never know what the future holds.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anointed wrote:Two home –based professionals, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi and Afeez Aremu, who were part of the Super Eagles B that finished as runners –up at the just –concluded WAFU Cup of Nations in Ghana, are in the standy sector but will join the team’s training sessions in Uyo.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Happy for these two...
Thought (along with Lekan Adeleye) they were the standouts on the WAFU team - especially Aremu.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

papilo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Yeah but considering we have no back up leftback. Most teams go with 2 leftbacks and 2 right backs. I guess Rohr has not been impressed with Ebuehi. I must say though that he has been really good so far this season.
Aina can backup at BOTH FB positions...
He has played at LB for Chelsea before in the EPL.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

papilo wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
I suspect Alampasu is injured. He has not been on the bench for his club since returning from international duty.
Alampasu is another one possibly for the future...
But who has done little or nothing to currently be in the team.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote:
Not surprised one bit....

I said it here on CE that I have watched him enough to agree with Ebuehi himself on his initial self-assessment and hesitation that he was far from ready for the SE (and watching him last weekend against Ajax firmly reaffirmed that for me), but was nonetheless attacked by the likes of the ever-mouthy BP.
when the heck did i attack you about Ebuehi? :shock:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved