MIKEL, MOSES, IGHALO HEAD 23-MAN SQUAD FOR ZAMBIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: MIKEL, MOSES, IGHALO HEAD 23-MAN SQUAD FOR ZAMBIA

Post by Otitokoro »

Agree.
The writing was on the wall. He hasn't been pulling his weight and that wasn't good enough at this level.
Gotti wrote:
papilo wrote:Did not expect Ebuehi to be dropped and placed on the standby list. Probably has to do with what Rohr needs for the game because Agbo has moved up from the standby list to replace Ebuehi.
Not surprised one bit....

I said it here on CE that I have watched him enough to agree with Ebuehi himself on his initial self-assessment and hesitation that he was far from ready for the SE (and watching him last weekend against Ajax firmly reaffirmed that for me), but was nonetheless attacked by the likes of the ever-mouthy BP.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Was also surprised Lekan was not considered.
However, I struggle with your assertion wrt Ifeanyi. Really was not impressed with his play - he came across as slow, and often times, indecisive on the ball. He also made a lot of unforced errors (giving the ball away) and was caught multiple times dilly dallying on the ball.
Gotti wrote:
anointed wrote:Two home –based professionals, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi and Afeez Aremu, who were part of the Super Eagles B that finished as runners –up at the just –concluded WAFU Cup of Nations in Ghana, are in the standy sector but will join the team’s training sessions in Uyo.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Happy for these two...
Thought (along with Lekan Adeleye) they were the standouts on the WAFU team - especially Aremu.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ifeanyi Matthew needs to be considered before Ifeanyi Ifeanyi.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why do we always argue which bench player is omitted or selected? None of those players will see action against Zambia until the game is won regardless of how they play for their clubs.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:Was also surprised Lekan was not considered.
However, I struggle with your assertion wrt Ifeanyi. Really was not impressed with his play - he came across as slow, and often times, indecisive on the ball. He also made a lot of unforced errors (giving the ball away) and was caught multiple times dilly dallying on the ball.
Ifeanyi committed lots of fouls, but I think that it was an integral part of his break-up-the-opposition’s-possession role. Danger would be that, depending on the officiating on any particular day - and of course the arguable inherent bias against African “physicality” (so-called) on the global stage - it could all end up pear-shaped. Nonetheless, in the classic holding role of shielding the back-four, providing a ready outlet, showing for passes, ball distribution and breaking up play, he and Aremu were quite the imperious pair.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

papilo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
papilo wrote:Did not expect Ebuehi to be dropped and placed on the standby list. Probably has to do with what Rohr needs for the game because Agbo has moved up from the standby list to replace Ebuehi.
I think it's really Ainas availability that made Ebuehi surplus, he's just not good enough anyways.
Yeah but considering we have no back up leftback. Most teams go with 2 leftbacks and 2 right backs. I guess Rohr has not been impressed with Ebuehi. I must say though that he has been really good so far this season.
Papilo,

As mentioned severally, the soccer in Africa is very physically and that must be accounted for. I believe Rohr likes Ebuehi's skill set but there are other things to evaluate.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

to be fair to Akepyi, he has been in good form lately for his South African club Chippa utd, still won't risk starting him...and please if Ezenwa is to start which is most likely to be the case against Zambia, someone better slap some seriousness into his head and tell him to cut out his gaffes and be focused, saw glimpses of his erratic decision making in the Wafu tournament.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

papilo wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Plus Alampasu replaced by Ajiboye on main list. Aremu's good play atWAFU rewarded.
I suspect Alampasu is injured. He has not been on the bench for his club since returning from international duty.
So he should not be on standby then?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:Why do we always argue which bench player is omitted or selected? None of those players will see action against Zambia until the game is won regardless of how they play for their clubs.
Because a strong bench is just as important...
Didn’t you take comfort in Yobo coming on for the last 2 mins of our ANC 2013 games to shut up shop? :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:to be fair to Akepyi, he has been in good form lately for his South African club Chippa utd, still won't risk starting him...and please if Ezenwa is to start which is most likely to be the case against Zambia, someone better slap some seriousness into his head and tell him to cut out his gaffes and be focused, saw glimpses of his erratic decision making in the Wafu tournament.
Dude totally screwed the pooch on Ghana’s 4th goal in the final... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:Why do we always argue which bench player is omitted or selected? None of those players will see action against Zambia until the game is won regardless of how they play for their clubs.
Didn’t you take comfort in Yobo coming on for the last 2 mins of our ANC 2013 games to shut up shop? :D
Only 3 Nigerian captains has lifted the African Cup of Nations.

1. The great back man CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
2. The Great Stephen Keshi (RIP)
3. Guess who the third one is?

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:

dayumnn you got a point brother :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:

MODS! :scared:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Lol. You were one of the last moderators the board had. What we have now are murds ...murderators.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I said it here on CE that I have watched him enough to agree with Ebuehi himself on his initial self-assessment and hesitation that he was far from ready for the SE (and watching him last weekend against Ajax firmly reaffirmed that for me), but was nonetheless attacked by the likes of the ever-mouthy BP.
when the heck did i attack you about Ebuehi? :shock:
Apparently your memory needs a reboot... :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=276647
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

My question is, when will Iwobi finally break out for the SE? Can you imagine what our team will be like if he and Moses are firing on all cylinders in the same game? Even Real Madrid will not be able to handle us and we will crush GHANA 10 - 0.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Ohhhh!
That was cold blooded and Waaaaaaayyyy below the belt.
:laugh: :laugh:
Gotti wrote:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

i did not attack you , i actually found what you wrote funny and gave you props.. In fact i do not think i have ever, yawa you? there are a few forumers here i actually have huge respects for , don't make me exclude you from the list
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Okay, Gotti. We got this. Yobo is unarguably one of Nigeria's greatest. However, in the 2013 ANC, Enyeama actually captained the matches especially with Omeruo upstaging Yobo. Out of respect, and following hallowed soccer traditions, Enyeama handed Yobo the captain's band for Chief Yobo to go and get the cup handed to him. Incidentally, in the 1994 ANC, the same scenario occurred where Rufai captained and an injured Keshi was given the band to receive the cup.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Another player who needs to take a break from the SE is Iwobi.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
papilo wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Plus Alampasu replaced by Ajiboye on main list. Aremu's good play atWAFU rewarded.
I suspect Alampasu is injured. He has not been on the bench for his club since returning from international duty.
Alampasu is another one possibly for the future...
But who has done little or nothing to currently be in the team.

:clap: every list dem go parrot him name. Ask when they last watch him play, they will cite 2013 U-17..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

i did not attack you , i actually found what you wrote funny and gave you props.. In fact i do not think i have ever, yawa you? there are a few forumers here i actually have huge respects for , don't make me exclude you from the list
What an exclusive list. Gotti you better take the offer from his royal ONE.

At least he thinks he is all that... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:
Okay, Gotti. We got this. Yobo is unarguably one of Nigeria's greatest. However, in the 2013 ANC, Enyeama actually captained the matches especially with Omeruo upstaging Yobo. Out of respect, and following hallowed soccer traditions, Enyeama handed Yobo the captain's band for Chief Yobo to go and get the cup handed to him. Incidentally, in the 1994 ANC, the same scenario occurred where Rufai captained and an injured Keshi was given the band to receive the cup.
Like really?

So Osi boy was the president when he was sent to Sudan and other war torn nations that Buhari did not want to go?
I guess Onazi is Nigeria's captain because he stood in for Mikel while Mikel was injured.

Look, Vincent was the vice captain and like the good, loyal vice captain he was, he stood in for captain Yobo whenever Yobo had more important engagements like visiting with world leaders. But that did not make him captain just like Osiboy was never President of Nigeria.

Vincent eventually became captain but unfortunately his temperament did not allow him to lead Nigeria to ANC glory. So he can never ever be listed among the great men above. He served Nigeria well and deserve national honors but he can nver claim to captain Nigeria to an ANC title. So sorrry.