UEFA CL 17/18 MATCHDAY 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UEFA CL 17/18 MATCHDAY 2

Post by Kabalega »

green4life wrote:
anointed wrote:Image
Some people can be very wicked.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Look at the Naija fan! :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Kante kai what a player.... Morata nah beast..and Antonio Conte is worldclass
The number of times you have flip flopped on Conte
it is a free country .... :roll: I am free to flip flop as much as i want
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Breaking news on Ancheloti
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Solid performance by CFC.. :clap: :clap:

The patience to work the ball around for that winning goal was a joy to see.

The 3-5-2 might be the go to formation in big games.. 2 destroyers freeing up Cesc to do his thing. Wish Kante/Baka were better ball playing CMs but will take what they currently bring to the table.

Hazard back and looking sharp. Morate getting a goal in a big game/vs top opposition is huge.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

After years of failure I think this season is a great chance for the EPL reps to make some serious noise in the CL and possibly win it. The traditional Big Three of the past several years seems to be faltering. Bayern and Barca are shadows of their former selves, and Real Madrid while still the best team have been somewhat unconvincing for me so far. I wouldn't put it past Spurs getting something from their double-header, although they'd have to play better than they did against Dortmund.

P.S. Early reports suggest Ancelotti is set to vamoose after yesterday's debacle, to be announced officially later today. Yikes!..well, the signs were there..
http://www.espnfc.com/bayern-munich/sto ... ---sources
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Yeah. Carlo about the get the pink slip. One can argue that he has taken Bayern backwards.

Carlo is a nice guy & good coach but IMO, never really regarded him as pne of the best coaches in the game. Yes he has 3 UCL titles but he lacks domestic titles when one considers his overall resume.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:Yeah. Carlo about the get the pink slip. One can argue that he has taken Bayern backwards.

Carlo is a nice guy & good coach but IMO, never really regarded him as pne of the best coaches in the game. Yes he has 3 UCL titles but he lacks domestic titles when one considers his overall resume.
I've argued this point to death with so many of my Blue friends..they kept saying he got us the double but my argument was that we were VERY weak in Europe under him..he was hired primarily for us to win CL...not EPL..and we flopped woefully in those two seasons
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:Yeah. Carlo about the get the pink slip. One can argue that he has taken Bayern backwards.

I've argued this point to death with so many of my Blue friends..they kept saying he got us the double but my argument was that we were VERY weak in Europe under him..he was hired primarily for us to win CL...not EPL..and we flopped woefully in those two seasons
Pa
You are unfair on a man who won the shield, league and fa cup while at CFC while being edged out in the cl quaters by treble winning inter Milan. He's still one of the best in the business and his record speaks for itself.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mbappe's dribble for that 3rd goal
[/video]
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Ancelotti's strength in recent years has been man-management, not quite masterful tactical work. Those flaws were arguably on show yesterday. Anybody can lose heavily to this PSG frontline on a bad day but Bayern looked like a different, clueless team. Not like Bayern at all.
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Mourinho's cautiousness is mind boggling at times. His team were 3-0 up at half time and 4-0 up with 30 minutes to go (in a game they could have won 8-0 had they been more clinical). That was an excellent chance to blood a few youngsters and give them invaluable experience in a pressure free environment. Was it really necessary to bring on an experienced Italian international and an experienced England international instead of two talented young players desperately in need of first team experience? (Tuanzebe and McTominay)

For goodness' sake Jose, the kids could have done with the experience of a 20 minute run-out in a no-pressure situation.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wiseone wrote:Mourinho's cautiousness is mind boggling at times. His team were 3-0 up at half time and 4-0 up with 30 minutes to go (in a game they could have won 8-0 had they been more clinical). That was an excellent chance to blood a few youngsters and give them invaluable experience in a pressure free environment. Was it really necessary to bring on an experienced Italian international and an experienced England international instead of two talented young players desperately in need of first team experience? (Tuanzebe and McTominay)

For goodness' sake Jose, the kids could have done with the experience of a 20 minute run-out in a no-pressure situation.
Remember miracle of Damman? There is a time for everything.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

green4life wrote:
paj wrote:

Pa
You are unfair on a man who won the shield, league and fa cup while at CFC while being edged out in the cl quaters by treble winning inter Milan. He's still one of the best in the business and his record speaks for itself.
But he has now been fired from his last three jobs.

Nothing tactically convincing about him. I knew it was a matter of time at Bayern.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The likelihood of that demoralised CSKA team scoring 4 goals in 20 minutes was miniscule. They looked about as threatening as a baby kitten confronted by a lion.

Plus there were plenty of experienced heads still on the pitch to guide the youngsters through the closing stages of the game (Matic, Herrera, Blind, Smalling, Mkhitaryan etc).
wanaj0 wrote:
wiseone wrote:Mourinho's cautiousness is mind boggling at times. His team were 3-0 up at half time and 4-0 up with 30 minutes to go (in a game they could have won 8-0 had they been more clinical). That was an excellent chance to blood a few youngsters and give them invaluable experience in a pressure free environment. Was it really necessary to bring on an experienced Italian international and an experienced England international instead of two talented young players desperately in need of first team experience? (Tuanzebe and McTominay)

Last edited by wiseone on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ugbowo wrote:
green4life wrote:
paj wrote:

Pa
You are unfair to a man who won the shield, league and fa cup while at CFC while being edged out in the cl quarters by treble winning Inter Milan. He's still one of the best in the business and his record speaks for itself.
But he has now been fired from his last three jobs.

Nothing tactically convincing about him. I knew it was a matter of time at Bayern.
I didn't say he was the best and if you are lucky enough to work at Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern, there is a 90+ percent chance that you will be fired. That is how it usually ends. So it's normal.

So being fired by those clubs is not a dark mark on your coaching career. Look at his end product: he won league titles and Champions League titles in multiple countries. If that does not put him up there with the best, I don't know what more he has to do.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Let's examine this record. Looking at major trophies. Source - wikipedia.
2 seasons at Juve - 1 Uefa intertoto cup
8/9 seasons at AC Milan -1 Seria A title. 2 UCL titles. 1 copa italia title
2 Seasons at CFC - 1 FA cup, 1 EPL title
1 season PSG - 1 League title.
2 Seasons at Madrid - 1 Copa Del Rey, 1 UCL
2 Seasons at Bayern - 1 League title.

Like I said, he has done well in Europe but domestically, average at best IMO.. 4 league titles cumulatively while coaching high caliber teams such as AC Milan, Real, CFC, PSG, Juventus, & Bayern. PSG & Bayern - arguably had little competition.

Just hard for me to see him as one of the best.. A solid coach and highly respected, yes.. There is only one Pep & Jose so surely Carlo will always get a shot with the "rest".

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

analyzer wrote:Let's examine this record. Looking at major trophies. Source - wikipedia.
2 seasons at Juve - 1 Uefa intertoto cup
8/9 seasons at AC Milan -1 Seria A title. 2 UCL titles. 1 copa italia title
2 Seasons at CFC - 1 FA cup, 1 EPL title
1 season PSG - 1 League title.
2 Seasons at Madrid - 1 Copa Del Rey, 1 UCL
2 Seasons at Bayern - 1 League title.

Like I said, he has done well in Europe but domestically, average at best IMO.. 4 league titles cumulatively while coaching high caliber teams such as AC Milan, Real, CFC, PSG, Juventus, & Bayern. PSG & Bayern - arguably had little competition.

Just hard for me to see him as one of the best.. A solid coach and highly respected, yes.. There is only one Pep & Jose so surely Carlo will always get a shot with the "rest".
It's a very average record and honestly has done nothing eye catching since Milan.

Anything achieved with that CFC was adequate usage of Jose leftover, PSG was PSG. Madrid CL....ehhh ok I give him that but dismal in the league. Bayern was just bad.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Haba Ugobowo - make we no reduce the man's achievement with CFC. Granted the title had to be won on the last day, he is the only CFC coach to achieve a league and FA cup double. No be beans. So I give him that kudos.

My own is that given the caliber of teams he has coached, I just expected (maybe unfairly) more if he is to be regarded as one of the best.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Same thing was said in 1989 Nigeria Vs Russia (U21). Russia made one change and the rest is history.
wiseone wrote:The likelihood of that demoralised CSKA team scoring 4 goals in 20 minutes was miniscule. They looked about as threatening as a baby kitten confronted by a lion.

Plus there were plenty of experienced heads still on the pitch to guide the youngsters through the closing stages of the game (Matic, Herrera, Blind, Smalling, Mkhitaryan etc).
wanaj0 wrote:

“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”