Nigeria vs Zambia Pre-game Analysis (Predictions)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Nigeria vs Zambia Pre-game Analysis (Predictions)

Post by Robotnik »

My pre-match Analysis:

[1] A potentially difficult game for Nigeria that can be made easy if we execute our game plan perfectly.
[2] Zambia has not lost an away game in the qualifiers so far.
[3] Their new attack is 80% as lethal as Nigeria's (last 2 matches)
[4] Their midfield is better as they move the ball around quicker and they have the more mobile players.
[5] Zambia's defense is relatively porous when they don't sit back.
[6] In bunker mode, Zambia have conceded 1 goal (vs Algeria at home) in 3 games.
[7] If Zambia score first it will be difficult for Nigeria to find a goal.
[8] This means Nigeria will have to score first to increase chances of winning.
[9] Nigeria has not lost a world cup qualifier since 1-0 loss to Angola in 2004
[10] Nigeria has not lost a world cup qualifier at home since God knows when. Thus a loss at home to Zambia is highly unlikely.
[11] Zambia have a wind of confidence following their back to back wins over Algeria. Zambia will be fired up, but so will Nigeria.
[12] Nigeria have improved since the last time the two teams met and following their win over Cameroon will be in full confidence at home.
[13] Zambia are condemned to win to stand a chance of qualifying and will fight all game.
[14] Zambia's new team are a more effective attacking force that will put the Nigeria defense on their toes throughout the encounter.
[15] Nigeria usually has a slow start and Rohr team is setup to defend by default. So in the first five mins or so Zambia will come calling hoping to score an early goal and then close shop.
[16] Nigeria will probably create more chances than Zambia in the game. A goal for Nigeria changes the direction of the game and usually sets the team in cruising mode at home.
[17] Nigeria will dominate the Zambians with the scoreline at 0-0 or if chasing the game in the first half. But the longer the game stays at 0-0 the more confident the Zambians will become.
[18] Apart from team selection, the 0-2 loss to South Africa was partly due to the failure of Nigeria to score first thus allowing SA to grow in confidence.
[19] Zambians will see more of the ball when chasing the game but cannot afford to fall into the trap set for Algeria and Cameroon. Should they go all out in attack they are most likely to get hurt by the Nigerias counter.
[20] Zambia usually plays with a 'crowded' midfield Nigeria and will snuff out counter threats so Nigeria will have to get joy by going through the wings as they do.
[21] With Mikel as the lone attacking midfielder Zambia will dominate the area as such Rohr would have to bring in a player like Etebo/Iwobi to shore up the area in the attacking phase.
[22] The Nigerian defense has proven hard nut to crack and have conceded an average of 0.75 goals a game. Three goals conceded were via a defensive error, long ranger, and penalty give away.
[23] If Nigerias defensive midfield and defense produce a consistent performance Zambia will have to dig deep to get a goal in Nigeria.
[24] Zambia's attack have scored 4 goals in 2 matches meaning there is a potentially a goal for Zambia in this match. So Nigerias goal keeper will need to have a error free game to ensure victory on the day.

Verdict: Nigeria wins. Home advantage is a significant factor
If Nigeria score first (2-1, 2-0)
If Zambia score first the worst result for Nigeria will be a draw (1-1)

Goal Keeping: Nigeria 7/10, Zambia 7/10
Defense: Nigeria 8/10, Zambia 7/10
Defensive Midfield: Nigeria 8/10, Zambia 8/10
Attacking Midfield: Nigeria 7/10, Zambia 8/10
Attack: Nigeria 9/10, Zambia 7/10
Last edited by Robotnik on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Zambia Pre-game Analysis (Predictions)

Post by john12 »

All of una dey mad for being scared of Zambia.

Zambia has always been our wifey. - Fact
Zambia matches has always been tough but we always win - Fact

The only advantage that Zambia has is "Akwa ibom stadium bad luck" anything contrary Zambia shouldn't beat us. Nigeria 2 Zambia 0. Is my prediction however, I dreamt of us drawing 1-1
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Guys una need to calm down...Haba! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Robbynice wrote:Guys una need to calm down...Haba! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How can you tell someone shaking uncontrollably to calm down? It's impossible for them to do such thing
Last edited by 1naija on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Robotnik wrote:My pre-match Analysis:

[1] A potentially difficult game for Nigeria that can be made easy if we execute our game plan perfectly.
[2] Zambia has not lost an away game in the qualifiers so far.
[3] Their new attack is 80% as lethal as Nigeria's (last 2 matches)
[4] Their midfield is better as they move the ball around quicker and they have the more mobile players.
[5] Zambia's defense is relatively porous when they don't sit back.
[6] In bunker mode, Zambia have conceded 1 goal (vs Algeria at home) in 3 games.
[7] If Zambia score first it will be difficult for Nigeria to find a goal.
[8] This means Nigeria will have to score first to increase chances of winning.
[9] Nigeria has not lost a world cup qualifier since 1-0 loss to Angola in 2004
[10] Nigeria has not lost a world cup qualifier at home since God knows when. Thus a loss at home to Zambia is highly unlikely.
[11] Zambia have a wind of confidence following their back to back wins over Algeria. Zambia will be fired up, but so will Nigeria.
[12] Nigeria have improved since the last time the two teams met and following their win over Cameroon will be in full confidence at home.
[13] Zambia are condemned to win to stand a chance of qualifying and will fight all game.
[14] Zambia's new team are a more effective attacking force that will put the Nigeria defense on their toes throughout the encounter.
[15] Nigeria usually has a slow start and Rohr team is setup to defend by default. So in the first five mins or so Zambia will come calling hoping to score an early goal and then close shop.
[16] Nigeria will probably create more chances than Zambia in the game. A goal for Nigeria changes the direction of the game and usually sets the team in cruising mode at home.
[17] Nigeria will dominate the Zambians with the scoreline at 0-0 or if chasing the game in the first half. But the longer the game stays at 0-0 the more confident the Zambians will become.
[18] Apart from team selection, the 0-2 loss to South Africa was partly due to the failure of Nigeria to score first thus allowing SA to grow in confidence.
[19] Zambians will see more of the ball when chasing the game but cannot afford to fall into the trap set for Algeria and Cameroon. Should they go all out in attack they are most likely to get hurt by the Nigerias counter.
[20] Zambia usually plays with a 'crowded' midfield Nigeria and will snuff out counter threats so Nigeria will have to get joy by going through the wings as they do.
[21] With Mikel as the lone attacking midfielder Zambia will dominate the area as such Rohr would have to bring in a player like Etebo/Iwobi to shore up the area in the attacking phase.
[22] The Nigerian defense has proven hard nut to crack and have conceded an average of 0.75 goals a game. Three goals conceded were via a defensive error, long ranger, and penalty give away.
[23] If Nigerias defensive midfield and defense produce a consistent performance Zambia will have to dig deep to get a goal in Nigeria.
[24] Zambia's attack have scored 4 goals in 2 matches meaning there is a potentially a goal for Zambia in this match. So Nigerias goal keeper will need to have a error free game to ensure victory on the day.

Verdict: Nigeria wins. Home advantage is a significant factor
If Nigeria score first (2-1, 2-0)
If Zambia score first the worst result for Nigeria will be a draw (1-1)

Goal Keeping: Nigeria 7/10, Zambia 7/10
Defense: Nigeria 8/10, Zambia 7/10
Defensive Midfield: Nigeria 8/10, Zambia 8/10
Attacking Midfield: Nigeria 7/10, Zambia 8/10
Attack: Nigeria 9/10, Zambia 7/10
HOLY SPIRIT :shock: :shock: Bobo, you get plenty of time on ya hand sha. Na football game o. Wetin be dis 24 points essay? the thing way I sabi say na 2 teams go play football. one go win, hopefully it is naija. Job done.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Instead of people to admit they're scared stupid they start making up rubbish analysis . :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Instead of people to admit they're scared stupid they start making up rubbish analysis . :roll:

We've outsourced all our shaking to you. So go offline and start shaking vigorously :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

You guys are funny. Who is shaking? I have just broken down REALITY. I guess that mean shaking to you guys.

Now I know CE are in panic mode.

I predicted Nigeria win and I am confident of that.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

As long as Balogun is healthy and available I'm very confident
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

What a stupid analysis. People forget that Algeria actually missed a penalty at home against Zambia and the game could have easily ended 1-1.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Historically a 2:1 affair, Eagles win.
Goldenera94
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

2-1 Nigeria
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

john12 wrote:All of una dey mad for being scared of Zambia.

The only advantage that Zambia has is "Akwa ibom stadium bad luck" anything contrary Zambia shouldn't beat us. Nigeria 2 Zambia 0. Is my prediction however, I dreamt of us drawing 1-1
john12, I believe the "Akwa Ibom stadium bad luck" has been comprehensively exorcised by the recent demolition of top teams like Algeria (highest rated African team at the 2014 World Cup) and Cameroun( current African champions). With scorelines like 3-1 and 4-0 against such teams, where is the so-called bad luck?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

olu wrote:2-1 Nigeria
I will consider anything less than a 3 goals win margin for Nigeia a loss. The game will end 4 -0 for Nigeria.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote:
john12 wrote:All of una dey mad for being scared of Zambia.

john12, I believe the "Akwa Ibom stadium bad luck" has been comprehensively exorcised by the recent demolition of top teams like Algeria (highest rated African team at the 2014 World Cup) and Cameroun( current African champions). With scorelines like 3-1 and 4-0 against such teams, where is the so-called bad luck?
That's his story and he's sticking with it! :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

ogasir wrote:What a stupid analysis. People forget that Algeria actually missed a penalty at home against Zambia and the game could have easily ended 1-1.

...not only that...Algeria had so many chances to win the game but they were just poor.

Bookmark this ...We are winning by 4 goals to nothing ..!
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Nigeria 4
Zambia 0

Take it to the bank!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Goldleaf wrote:Nigeria 4
Zambia 0

Take it to the bank!
It ain't gonna be a stroll in the park... Zambia and Nigeria are the two form teams in the group, both with a chance of qualifying with everything to play for... Nothing in the mix points to the kind of scoreline you suggested....They are going to fight us until the final whistle (same as they did in '94), we might just be clinging on at the end, barely scraping past the finishing line... 2-1 sounds more likely.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Roby, such is why we called it; "prediction." Thus, nothing is wrong with all these in my opinion.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
How can you tell someone skaking uncontrollably to calm down? It's impossible for them to do such thing
Look at 1Naija who is already shaking, yet is pointing at others as shakers :lol: :lol: Common Chief, admit you are shaking :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Instead of people to admit they're scared stupid they start making up rubbish analysis . :roll:
EMIR, that is their way of saying they are shaking - my friend. People shake and deal with it in different ways.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Zambia.Mwiri the guy that scores two.goals against Algeria and another midfielder to injury.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
How can you tell someone skaking uncontrollably to calm down? It's impossible for them to do such thing
Look at 1Naija who is already shaking, yet is pointing at others as shakers :lol: :lol: Common Chief, admit you are shaking :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are winning 4 - 0 . No shaking.