Argentina V Peru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: Argentina V Peru

Post by oscar52 »

kajifu wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Columbia is the one that messed up today losing to Paraguay. If Argentina win their next match then one of Peru or Columbia is out as they play each other.

Chile can't afford to lose to Brazil either..... South American WCQ is definitely the best in the World! Those 18 games aren't easy for any team!
KPOM its the best,my prayer is for Argentina to draw at best with Ecuador and Peru vs Columbia draw.That will take out Argentina.God dont allow Ecuador open yash.
Ecuador actually beat Argentina 2 - 0 away in the first leg but their loss to Chile today eliminated them so they might be easy pickings for Argentina this time around even at home.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I don't know why but I have these love/hate thing for Argentina...on one hand I fete Argentina and would want them to qualify because I grew up idolizing a number of Argentinian football legends and even loved watching Argentina play...then the hate factor comes in when I remember the same Argentina is always the bogey team that in one way or another dishes out pain to the Super Eagles from all our encounters with them till date.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

World Cup Qualifying - CONMEBOL Table - 2015-17
World Cup Qualifying - CONMEBOL2015-17
World Cup Qualifying - CONMEBOL
QUALIFYING STAGE GP W D L F A GD P
1 Brazil 17 11 5 1 38 11 +27 38
2 Uruguay 17 8 4 5 28 18 +10 28
3 Chile 17 8 2 7 26 24 +2 26
4 Colombia 17 7 5 5 20 18 +2 26
5 Peru 17 7 4 6 26 25 +1 25
6 Argentina 17 6 7 4 16 15 +1 25
7 Paraguay 17 7 3 7 19 24 -5 24
8 Ecuador 17 6 2 9 25 26 -1 20
9 Bolivia 17 4 2 11 14 34 -20 14
10 Venezuela 17 1 6 10 18 35 -17 9
Positions 1-4: Qualifies for World Cup
Position 5: Play-off con una nación de Oceanía
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

kawawa wrote:Argentina in 6th. 25 pts, + 1 goal diff. Peru also 25 points. Chile in 3rd with 26 pts. Colombia blew it today. Plays Peru next and likely and loser not going anywhere unless Argentina lose to Ecuador and Paraguay loses
Argentina has a very few goals scored. Colombia can lose and still be ahead of Argentina, if they draw. Argentina need to win vs Ecuador in Ecuador and they have a terrible track record there, so thats far from guaranteed. If I were to bet I would put money on a draw or an Argentina a loss. And both results - bar some very awkward results - eliminate Argentina.

And you are wrong - if Colombia lose the next game they can still go through, if Argentina draws or loses and Chile loses to Brazil - both very likely results.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

If Argentina lose out then they don't get to beat up on us for their customary 3 points.

I won't miss them.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:I don't know why but I have these love/hate thing for Argentina...on one hand I fete Argentina and would want them to qualify because I grew up idolizing a number of Argentinian football legends and even loved watching Argentina play...then the hate factor comes in when I remember the same Argentina is always the bogey team that in one way or another dishes out pain to the Super Eagles from all our encounters with them till date.
My exact thoughts. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Argentina will find a way to qualify, you think FIFA will let Peru get in the way of having their marketing icon sit out the World cup? :P
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Here's to hoping Argentina get it right on game day. The Peruvians will do their utmost vs Columbia and may well see it through. Without doubt, the Albiceleste will go down in the record books, like many others, as a squandered golden generation, but to see the final act of such talented players on the international scene, would be a privilege. Messi, Aguero et al. The Mundial deserves its best and those pathetic Argies need to pull their fingers out and make the grade.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys shocking anyone here want them to go to the world cup.Ecuador look suspect and might give away t hat game at home,i saw the number of changes the coach make against chile.I just hope they will play with pride infront of their home fans and take Argentina down with them.Fifa will want them win by crooked,so who ever they selected to officiate that game should be investigated.

Nigeria chance to win the world cup if Argentina is absent will be high,you hear it here first unless the players decided to mess it up.For some reason that is the team at world cup the players just give them 3 points some how
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, Nigeria, will not win the World Cup in 2018 and arguably, ever. As great a shambles as Argentina have been in qualifying, they're equipped with some of the world's greats, this may well be their last dance on the international scene and that alone, is a privilege for the football fan. To see the last dribble of King Lionald in blue and white stripes. The open goal miscue from Gongordo Higuain.

Ecuador vs Argie
Brazil vs Chile
Peru vs Colombia
Paraguay vs Venezuela

Do Brazil try? Its at home, are they bothered?
Hard to see Peru losing.
Paraguay win.
Anything short of a good win and Argentina are out. Playing in the clouds, they may well pay the ultimate price for having their heads in the clouds for too long.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Coach wrote:Do Brazil try? Its at home, are they bothered?
Hard to see Peru losing.
Paraguay win.
Anything short of a good win and Argentina are out. Playing in the clouds, they may well pay the ultimate price for having their heads in the clouds for too long.
Brazil will try. Brazilian fans are brutal. They can lose an away game, but they will play the home game as if it was pivotal for their campaign. If Chile get a draw it will be seen as a huge success.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Would be great to see Chile there. Argentina look out, unless someone can pay up the Ecuadorans, they'll run all day and wait for the altitude to do the damage.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Argentina is currently 6th and if it ends that way, don't they have a back door way to get in ala playoff game with some yeye team from Oceania or something like that?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

5th place goes for the playoff...sixth place has to the run the gauntlet of shanks and homemade pistol fire from irate fans. It's Argentina's best interest to swallow as much oxygen as possible and go hell for leather.