I SWEAR TO GOD I GO SLAP YOU!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
I SWEAR TO GOD I GO SLAP YOU!!

Post by paj »

Guys..what is your football petpeeve?U know..that one thing that is soooo unforgiveable if a player does it completely pisses U off so much U want to fire up your caterpillar and head towards his village! :evil:
Mine? What a defender who is under minimal pressure gives the ball away stupidly and concedes a goal.. :evil: I swear if I dey stadium security no'o contain me! :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I SWEAR TO GOD I GO SLAP YOU!!

Post by maceo4 »

The whining that Iwobi does after losing/giving away the ball is one thing that pisses me off. I've never really seen other professionals doing that. Instead of trying to get the ball back he starts gesticulating and throwing a tantrum. For me it's really irritating to say the least.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:The whining that Iwobi does after losing/giving away the ball is one thing that pisses me off. I've never really seen other professionals doing that. Instead of trying to get the ball back he starts gesticulating and throwing a tantrum. For me it's really irritating to say the least.
Yeah. But he has only done it once that I've seen o. Its a way to deflect blame, and its lame

My own would be stupid penalties....defenders swinging their legs like gulf clubs in the box. Can't stand
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Victor Moses' foul throwings.. :evil: ..like dude...I can understand dead legs but who has dead shoulders? :twisted: :twisted:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

paj wrote:Guys..what is your football petpeeve?U know..that one thing that is soooo unforgiveable if a player does it completely pisses U off so much U want to fire up your caterpillar and head towards his village! :evil:
Mine? What a defender who is under minimal pressure gives the ball away stupidly and concedes a goal.. :evil: I swear if I dey stadium security no'o contain me! :twisted:
Mine is fouling a player (in the box) that's backing or going away from goal. In fact once you're between the player and the goal, fouling is just daft. Only professionally foul a player that's gone past you and is heading for a one v one with your goalie. IMO.

The guy who fouled Messi at the WYC final in 2005 and the one who caused the foul for Ghana's second PK at the WAFU cup final both come to mind.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Nigeria. Longs balls to the middle of nowhere especially when trailing.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

If I ever come across a fans who says, "Father, give us this day our 3 points", I go wooze am.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Mine is when a player loses possession, feels unconcerned and starts walking instead of pursuing the opponent he lost the ball to
Last edited by Odas on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

when a player under pressure and has a team mate open next to him but continues to dribble and loses the ball
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

jette1 wrote:when a player under pressure and has a team mate open next to him but continues to dribble and loses the ball
WILLIAN!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Odas wrote:Mine is when a player loses possession, feels unconcerned and starts walking instead of pursuing the opponent he lost the ball to

Okocha, Ozil, Ox, etc.

I generally hate players doing stupid stuff, to include all of those things folks have listed.

Giving away cheap PKs, not passing to open teammates, diving, being lazy, complaining too much, asking ref to card your opponents, etc.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Odas wrote:Mine is when a player loses possession, feels unconcerned and starts walking instead of pursuing the opponent he lost the ball to

You must really love Willian then.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Delayed pass on a counter, that ends up with the receiving player being caught off side, or leads to an interception. I find myself screaming "PASS NOW!!! angel*!!"
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bushboy wrote:Delayed pass on a counter, that ends up with the receiving player being caught off side, or leads to an interception. I find myself screaming "PASS NOW!!! angel*!!"
this.

also threadinho opening threads
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

anointed wrote:If I ever come across a fans who says, "Father, give us this day our 3 points", I go wooze am.
me too!!! :evil: ...oh wait.. :blink:...hey...I saw what U did there!! :mad:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Time wasting. Nothing annoys me more on the pitch than when a player just wastes time.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

a dumb foul given to a team that relies on freekicks in a dangerous area...like fouling Rottenham near the arc.. :twisted:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Mr. Piffington wrote:Time wasting. Nothing annoys me more on the pitch than when a player just wastes time.
well...that could actually be a good thing if time is winding down and you're up a goal or two vs a very dangerous team who's been piling pressure on you. When CFC beat Liverpool in 2013 season it was because Jose slowed the game down from the get go...Pool wanted to go toe to toe.... Chelsea couldn't afford to do that..we won 2nil at AntField..
Pa
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Una go just kill this guy

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

paj wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Time wasting. Nothing annoys me more on the pitch than when a player just wastes time.
well...that could actually be a good thing if time is winding down and you're up a goal or two vs a very dangerous team who's been piling pressure on you. When CFC beat Liverpool in 2013 season it was because Jose slowed the game down from the get go...Pool wanted to go toe to toe.... Chelsea couldn't afford to do that..we won 2nil at AntField..
Pa
I get your point but the truth is that even when my team is winning I still can't stand time wasting because I just get the feeling the ref might start adding extra "fergie time" to make up for it. The one I can't stand the most is when they start faking injury or cramps, it bugs me.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
paj wrote:
Pa
I get your point but the truth is that even when my team is winning I still can't stand time wasting because I just get the feeling the ref might start adding extra "fergie time" to make up for it. The one I can't stand the most is when they start faking injury or cramps, it bugs me.
U be Gunner? :blink: