Nigeria 1 - 0 Zambia FT (Alex Iwobi)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 1 - 0 Zambia 2H

Post by theYemster »

Dr. Wazobia wrote:The devil tried to use the Uyo pitch to derail us but God saw us through. Up Nigeria!!! Up Rohr!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Don't you think both God and the Devil have more important things to occupy Their time?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lionga
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 1 - 0 Zambia FT (Alex Iwobi)

Post by lionga »

Congrats Naija
[/video]
[/video]
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tbite wrote:
Why shouldn't I vex, all Nigerians know is age.

Go on record first and say that group is tougher then I will answer your question.

Did tht Group feature 4 AFCON Winners and 3 teams with 2nd or 1/4 Final placements in the WC?
Age is relevant here because you didn't experience France ' 98 qualification matches.

'Tougher' is subjective. Tournament football is different from qualifying series.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

Congratulations to the Super Eagles of Nigeria for qualifying for the World Cup in Russia next year from a dreaded group of death... a group when revealed at the time offered Nigeria a slim chance of qualifying from. In fact many believed with the state of Nigerian football at that time that chances of qualification were slim.

Once again this shows what Nigerians are capable of doing once we work hard together... Well done boys, coaches and of course NFF. Now we need to prepare professionally for the tournament... I do like the grittiness and determination of this squad, like their captain.. a real leader of men.

For me the Men of the match...the Whole Team! Well done, up Super Eagles, Up Nigeria!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Highlights
[/video]
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Alex IWOOOOOOBIIIIIII!!!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

anointed wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:First Nigerian team to not lose an away game and qualify for the Mundial.

First Nigerian team to have its wide players and midfielders outscore the strikers

First Nigerian team to qualify with a game to spare

First Nigerian team to have a plus 8 goal differential

First Nigerian team with four players with multiple goals. This is critical:

Moses: 3
Iwobi: 2 (First and last)
Iheanacho: 2
Mikel: 2

First Nigerian team to have more assists than goals. That's unselfish play.

First Nigerian team to create a minimum of eight goal scoring opportunities per match.

First Nigerian team with two holding midfielders and two center backs that know their job. Tactical discipline. keshi/Okechukwu, did not have but one in Oliseh in front of them.

This team is smart, big, physical and as Oliseh says "Dangerous in transition"
What does this mean? How can assists be more than the goals?

If I pass to you and you pass to Iwobi to score.
That is two assists one goal :sneaky: :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Thread reaction is never a true reflection of what happened in the actual game. Just watched the game. Mikel Agu was okay.
Aina barely touched the ball
Uwa was okay
Ezenwa should have saved the ball comfortably, bad goalkeeping to push the ball onto the post.

If you take out a few chances, Zambia didn't play that well. Nigeria played well in the final 25 minutes. Good free flowing football between Ighalo, Shehu, Mikel, Iwobi and V Moses. The removal of Simon Moses changed the game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kako wrote:
anointed wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:First Nigerian team to not lose an away game and qualify for the Mundial.

First Nigerian team to have its wide players and midfielders outscore the strikers

First Nigerian team to create a minimum of eight goal scoring opportunities per match.

First Nigerian team with two holding midfielders and two center backs that know their job. Tactical discipline. keshi/Okechukwu, did not have but one in Oliseh in front of them.

That is two assists one goal
:sneaky: :D
:agree: :agree: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
eyan wrote:
oscar52 wrote:My MOTM is Iwobi, he simply changed the game after he came on and scored the goal as well. Big kudos to all the other players as well. The game could have been much easier sha with a quality finisher like Ideye instead of Ighalo.
Did you say a quality finisher like Ideye? There's a reason they called him non-scoring striker.

:mrgreen:

why didn't your skinny French Uncle sign Mikel (and piss off the Chelsea folks), instead of Xhaka?
Chief, you chop wetin Robby chop? Why you dey bring that Arsenal nonsense come beta thread?
Nigeria would benefit, IMHO, if Mikel played at Arsenal instead of China.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

FATHER TIKO wrote:I'm not going to judge Rohr's squad on thsee WCQualifiers.
Qualifying program is always scrappy.

However, it takes a decent team to 'walk a WCQualifying program in Africa.

Well done to Rohr & the squad. :thumbs:
Even if you judge the team based on qualifiers, they have done very well. Never forget the object of the qualifiers is to qualify.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kako wrote:
anointed wrote:

That is two assists one goal :sneaky: :D
Iwobi doesn't play with scrubs like you guys...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Congrats to Naija.

I hope you rep us well.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Congrats everyone :)

1. We did not play well (specially in the first half), but a win is a win. Our passing, and build-up play were off. The boys were probably nervous. They improved after the goal.

2. The Zambians did well. They pressed (and fouled) us, passed the ball well, and created a few chances.

3. Why do some of the Zambians have weird first names (Fashion, Fackson, Toaster, Patson)? :)
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

anikulapo wrote:Was that Ighalo standing in front of the goalie in an offside position in front of the keeper on the goal? The Zambians are not happy ohh complaining bitterly :woot: :woot:
The left sided Zambian defender played him on. Watch the reply of the goal.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I always liked Stoppila as far as names go.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

EagleGunner wrote:Congratulations to the Super Eagles of Nigeria for qualifying for the World Cup in Russia next year from a dreaded group of death... a group when revealed at the time offered Nigeria a slim chance of qualifying from. In fact many believed with the state of Nigerian football at that time that chances of qualification were slim.

Once again this shows what Nigerians are capable of doing once we work hard together... Well done boys, coaches and of course NFF. Now we need to prepare professionally for the tournament... I do like the grittiness and determination of this squad, like their captain.. a real leader of men.

For me the Men of the match...the Whole Team! Well done, up Super Eagles, Up Nigeria!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said. This qualification is so sweet. :biggrin:
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enzenwa was not convincing. He is a good reserve goalkeeper. We need a number 1 goalkeeper. I think we have no choice but to beg Enyeama to come out of retirement. My preference is not to do that, but we have no choice. The World cup is 8 months from now. It is not too early to start preparations.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Vincent. wrote:Congrats everyone :)

1. We did not play well (specially in the first half), but a win is a win. Our passing, and build-up play were off. The boys were probably nervous. They improved after the goal.

2. The Zambians did well. They pressed (and fouled) us, passed the ball well, and created a few chances.

3. Why do some of the Zambians have weird first names (Fashion, Fackson, Toaster, Patson)? :)
On the contrary I thought we played well and the Zambians did not. If you were from Zambia would you have said we played well? You need to watch the game again and objectively analyze the game. With that said, you are right about the names of the Zambians but then if you are from Zambia will the name sound weird to you? :twisted:

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote:Enzenwa was not convincing. He is a good reserve goalkeeper. We need a number 1 goalkeeper. I think we have no choice but to beg Enyeama to come out of retirement. My preference is not to do that, but we have no choice. The World cup is 8 months from now. It is not too early to start preparations.
Ezenwa will be just fine...

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Enzenwa was not convincing. He is a good reserve goalkeeper. We need a number 1 goalkeeper. I think we have no choice but to beg Enyeama to come out of retirement. My preference is not to do that, but we have no choice. The World cup is 8 months from now. It is not too early to start preparations.

Cheiii poor guy smh ... anyway thank God you waited till after the game to show up :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Cheiii poor guy smh ... anyway thank God you waited till after the game to show up :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Vincent. wrote:Congrats everyone :)

see Vincent showing face o...
AFCON 2019 sweet o