Nigeria 1 - 0 Zambia FT (Alex Iwobi)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 1 - 0 Zambia FT (Alex Iwobi)

Post by 100%Naija »

lionga wrote:Congrats Naija
[/video]
[/video]
Thanks for sharing bro.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

No need for the "Morning After" pill. Just natural adrenaline from a successful game. The thought of that pesky Breda in hiding is just PERFECT :lol:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

marutimon wrote:I always liked Stoppila as far as names go.
Perhaps a nickname? Perhaps named after Yannick Stopyra, the former French international? :D I don't know, just guessing.

Congrats to the boys. This is our best qualifying campaign ever. Let me begin early to sacrifice chickens and goats to the ancestors for continued success. Perhaps this will be the team to take Africa to the semis, and dare we dream? The Final. Anyway, I will be happy if we play well and get to the quarters.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohsee wrote:
Perhaps a nickname? Perhaps named after Yannick Stopyra, the former French international? :D I don't know, just guessing.

Congrats to the boys. This is our best qualifying campaign ever. Let me begin early to sacrifice chickens and goats to the ancestors for continued success. Perhaps this will be the team to take Africa to the semis, and dare we dream? The Final. Anyway, I will be happy if we play well and get to the quarters.

I don't understand where this comes from. I always thought '98 qualification was better...plus that team had serious TALENT. Tragic how we screwed up at the WC. Amokachi, Finidi, Mutiu, Ikpeba, Oruma, TJ, Okocha, Kanu, Yekini, Oliseh, etc.
No GK (rusty old Rufai), poor #2 (Mobi), requiring deploying Mutiu to that position and isolating Oliseh at DM.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohsee wrote:

I don't understand where this comes from. I always thought '98 qualification was better...plus that team had serious TALENT. Tragic how we screwed up at the WC. Amokachi, Finidi, Mutiu, Ikpeba, Oruma, TJ, Okocha, Kanu, Yekini, Oliseh, etc.
No GK (rusty old Rufai), poor #2 (Mobi), requiring deploying Mutiu to that position and isolating Oliseh at DM.
No it was not. I remember that draw with Kenya that got Amodou sacked. Everyone was freaking out cos Guinea won 2 games in a row and we were 2 pts behind them. So we had to beat Guinea at home, Bfaso away then Kenya at home while at the same time hoping for Kenya to beat Guinea. All in All we qualified with 1 game to spare but we made a meal of it cos that group was cake. This group was much more difficult yet we qualified with 1 game left at its looking like we will win the last one vs Algeria to make it 16 pts out of 18.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Bret-Hart,
Having talent does not make a good team. The 1998 team had probably better talent than 1994. Even with Yekini on the bench. It had three problems:

No goalkeeper, hence no defense.
Bora like Rohr did not have time to impart his "Boring Bora" team defense on the Eagles. No one played team defense.
No right back. Mutiu and Oparaku were exposed.

We do not have any of these problems with the current team. As long as we do not whole sale change the team or coach.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

nzeogwu wrote:Bret-Hart,
Having talent does not make a good team. The 1998 team had probably better talent than 1994. Even with Yekini on the bench. It had three problems:

Bora like Rohr did not have time to impart his "Boring Bora" team defense on the Eagles. No one played team defense.

We do not have any of these problems with the current team. As long as we do not whole sale change the team or coach.
Yes no problems ...really?
We missed Mikel & Vic Moses and rubbish South Africa tore us a new one at.............HOME.
Don'T ever compare the 1998 team (that their only undoing was Ike's injury) with this team that will be crushed by most opponents if Mikel & Vic Moses are not around.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Congratulations boys and this time do something and not just make up the numbers. Congrats
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

zee wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:Bret-Hart,

Yes no problems ...really?
We missed Mikel & Vic Moses and rubbish South Africa tore us a new one at.............HOME.
Don'T ever compare the 1998 team (that their only undoing was Ike's injury) with this team that will be crushed by most opponents if Mikel & Vic Moses are not around.
KPOM! Most people are failing to recognize how close yesterdays game was to ending in a draw or even a loss (at home!) save for Iwobi's late heroics. This team is far from complete. 2-3 guys in the starting lineup don't belong and the team as a whole need to be fortified in some key areas for us to make any noise in Russia. Remove Moses, Onazi, and Iwobi and am not so sure they can beat Cameroon again.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Funniest moment of the game was Ezenwa "diving" to try and "save" a Zambian shot that was going 20 yards over the bar (2H). What on earth was he playing at?!

:rotf:
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Isn’t it true that those who played and learnt the game abroad
Have the better football sense than those who played the game
At home? Ighalo would have needed a second touch to score that
Goal.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

by the way Odion nah bad guy, just see what he did to Zambia before sending that ball to Moses S ..i was like wow :lol: :lol:

Ighalo , what a player
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

soma wrote:Isn’t it true that those who played and learnt the game abroad
Have the better football sense than those who played the game
At home? Ighalo would have needed a second touch to score that
Goal.

How many touches did Moses Simon need to score against Cameroon in Yaounde?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

wiseone wrote:Funniest moment of the game was Ezenwa "diving" to try and "save" a Zambian shot that was going 20 yards over the bar (2H). What on earth was he playing at?!

As someone said, he even dived when Iwobi scored.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

One cannot deny the fact that Ezenwa has star quality. He reminds me of Lemmy Issa. The bobo go shine for WC no doubt...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I was not having the greatest of mornings today, I went ahead and watched the Lions barbecue in Uyo a few weeks ago and guess what, My day is peachy now. :D

These highlights are the tonic for a bad day. Try it and it works. :thumb:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:Funniest moment of the game was Ezenwa "diving" to try and "save" a Zambian shot that was going 20 yards over the bar (2H). What on earth was he playing at?!

He was trying to save us from conceeding a corner as the ball took a slight deflection off one of our players.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Robbynice wrote:One cannot deny the fact that Ezenwa has star quality. He reminds me of Lemmy Issa. The bobo go shine for WC no doubt...
Denied.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

oloye wrote:

He was trying to save us from conceeding a corner as the ball took a slight deflection off one of our players.
Bros, the one u r talking about was deflected to his right. This one was about 100m over the bar.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Exactly. Oloye - Ezenwa would have to be about 50 feet tall to get a hand on the shot I referenced. It was that high and wide. Put it this way - it would be like a rugby or American football player trying to "dive" to stop a conversion.

eyan wrote:
oloye wrote:

Bros, the one u r talking about was deflected to his right. This one was about 100m over the bar.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Watching the replay of the game without the tension of watching it live, Ekong was actually very poor in this game.

If the coaches graded the game he would have graded poorly. Most of the defensive lapses came from him. And he is still very poor passing out the ball from the back.

What he has going for him is his chemistry with the far superior Balogun.

Rohr still needs to find a CD that can play as well as Balogun.

Praying that Balogun remains healthy.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

We also need other options at full back, 2 experienced GKs, and another reliable center forward to cover for Ighalo.
JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:One cannot deny the fact that Ezenwa has star quality. He reminds me of Lemmy Issa. The bobo go shine for WC no doubt...
Denied.
He was good but needs to know that a ball going 6 ft wide of his goal does not need saving... Imagine if Zambia had scored from an un-necessary Corner kick. And those guys are good at heading the ball....

I have to choose between Balogun and Shehu for my man of the match. I was impressed by both of them.

Iwobi made a huge difference. Although Agu struggled, he made some vital interceptions, the most important being from a Zambian who had broken free on the right and was intercepted by Agu before giving us all a sad face.

Iwobi, what a player.

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.