Babayaro Blasts Omeruo!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Babayaro Blasts Omeruo!

Post by gochino »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/ba ... ince-2013/

Babayaro Backs Rohr On Decision To Drop Omeruo – He Hasn’t Improve Since 2013
September 27, 20170135

The decision by coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr to drop on loan Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo from the list of players for their upcoming World Cup 2018 Qualifiers clash against Zambia has been backed by Emmanuel Babayaro.

Omeruo was placed on standby by the manager when his list for the Eagles last game against Cameroon was released ‎, but this time around his name was conspicuously missing from the squad entirely.

Rohr appears to have settled for Leon Balogun and William Troost-Ekong as his preferred choice in central defence, while Nantes of France defender Chidozie Awaziem is slowly being groomed as their understudy.

” Rohr is right in dropping Omeruo , he hasn’t improved since 2013. He is still same old Omeruo, and that for now is not good enough for the team of Rohr”, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The boy from Porto has since moved from the B team to Nantes of France, where he is a regular, now that’s growth. Since Omeruo made his debut for the national team what has changed in his club fortune?.

DONT MISS ==> WARRI WOLVES APPOINTS FORMER BOLTON WANDERERS COACH
” Moving to Chelsea is not entirely a bad decision but not knowing when to leave is where the problem lies, and that’s Omeruo’s biggest problem for now. The various times he has been out on loan, he hasn’t quite progress that much”. Babayaro cocluded

Osas Mahawi
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Babayaro Blasts Omeruo!

Post by felarey »

Sensational headline. He didn't blast him.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

He said he was $@#%........
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Really? He said he has made 0 progress since 2013 and is not smart enough to know chelsea doesn't have plans for him.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

If you have watched Omeruo closely then you should not be surprised by Babayaro's statement. Omeruo just has not cut it. That is the bottomline.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

John Terry has left Chelsea now.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Omeruo has cost the Eagles at least two crucial goals giving the ball away on the edge of the penalty area. His latest clanger was away in Zambia.

Look at the goal he gave away here:

Such howlers end international careers. I agree that he has failed to develop.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Omeruo is not relevant to anyone's plans club or country never the less I wish him good luck in his career!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

I wonder what went wrong with this boy :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

wale1974 wrote:I wonder what went wrong with this boy :cry: :cry: :cry:
And my boy............Oboabona :( :(
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The opportunity is still there for Omeruo if he will seize it. Rohr has not shut the door on him yet.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

wale1974 wrote:I wonder what went wrong with this boy :cry: :cry: :cry:
Being carted around from one distant club in a distant location to another distant club in a distant location. Surely the lack of a stabilizing environment must have a negative effect on some players.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Guy needs stability, a decent run of games and a coach that believes in his abilities. Being passed around on loan has hampered his career. His agent should have got him a move.