Key lessons for Russia 2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Key lessons for Russia 2018

Post by Tobi17 »

wish I could pull an "Ayo Akinfe 10 pointer" here but I'll settle for just 5

1. Never again should Mikel Agu be anywhere near our starting 11, he can be stuck on the bench or reserves for all I care, but Rohr should by now know better...Etebo, Ogu, or Esiti(if called up) should partner Onazi, Ndidi, and Mikel as prime subs/options.

2. Shehu has IMHO sealed that RB, dude is our own version of CAFU...not the most flamboyant player but hell does he do the simple things right...he deserves to move to a better club.

3. Aina should officially take over that LB spot in the earliest practicable time, Uwa has served us very well but his time is limited, in Russia it will be a different ball game and only the young. energetic and talented will rise to the cream of the occasion, Aina could well be that guy.

4. Mikel Obi is BOSS, enough said.

5. since the last game against Russia will just be a practice match, we should try other options like Bonadventure, Onyekuru, Nwakaeme, Sanrenren Bazee( if fit), Ebuehi, and any relatively known player that deserves a look in, WE NEED DEPTH IN RUSSIA!

IN ALL CONGRATS TO THE BOYS, COACHING CREW,AND ALL WELL MEANING NIGERIAN FANS WHO BELIEVED IN THE TEAM...I'M A HAPPY NIGERIAN TODAY...
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Key lessons for Russia 2018

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Iheanacho should get to start in Algeria too....give some new guys some chances.
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: Key lessons for Russia 2018

Post by mystic »

Agu played well in the 2nd half after an awful 1st half. I think the occasion was initially too big for him, before he settled down after halftime. I still like him but he has left the door open for competition.