In Fairness to Ghana

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: In Fairness to Ghana

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:The Wafu is all they needed!
... and they got it. Thus what else do they want and what are they crying for?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

No. That is not what happened.

On p22, 'Gaining an advantage', is defined according to FIFA Offside Laws as either:
(a). Playing a ball that rebounds to him, off a post or crossbar, having previously been in an offside position
(b). Playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent, having previously been in an offside position.
You will agree that scenario (b). applies in this case.

Explanation on p.24 states: 'A shot from teammate rebounds off the goalkeeper. Player, who is in an 'onside' position, plays the ball.
This clearly does not apply to what happened because at the time of rebound, the Ghanaian striker had 'Gained an advantage' and had moved himself into an 'Offside position' BEFORE the rebound. (Watch the video from 0.05 thru 0.07)

The scenario on p.23 is more apt to what happened.
marutimon wrote:Ottikoro - please see page 24 of Rule 11. There is a pretty picture there that is exactly what happened in the Ghana game.

No offside.

And since when am I Ghanaian?

Clear offside, so please stop making stupid arguments.
Last edited by Otitokoro on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Page 24.
Mirror image of the exact situation of the Ghana goal.
The goalscorer was onside at the moment of the shot, so he is onside with the rebound. Basic football rules. You can't move 'offside' after the shot...
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You obviously are in denial and struggling to wrap you head around the truth.
Again, for the umpteenth time, according to FIFA Offside laws wrt 'gaining an advantage', the reference point is the moment of rebound and not the teammates initial shot.
Nonetheless, good luck to you and others in denial.
marutimon wrote:Page 24.
The goalscorer was onside at the moment of the shot, so he is onside with the rebound. Basic football rules.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Otitokoro wrote:You obviously are in denial and struggling to wrap you head around the truth.
Again, for the umpteenth time, according to FIFA Offside laws wrt 'gaining an advantage', the reference point is the moment of rebound and not the teammates initial shot.
The goalscorer was onside at the moment of the shot, so he is onside with the rebound. Basic football rules.

Oga, you do not understand the rule you're citing, so people with contrary opinions are "in denial" to you.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Ghana was robbed of two goals.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Chief, whatever rocks yalls boat(s).
The FIFA rules are clear. Its up to you and how you want to interpret these rules.
We can all wait and see how FIFA decides to rule on this particular instance.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:You obviously are in denial and struggling to wrap you head around the truth.

Oga, you do not understand the rule you're citing, so people with contrary opinions are "in denial" to you.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Abegi, can you folks take your offside rule discussion to Ghanaweb. This is a LAUGHING thread...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Gotti wrote:Abegi, can you folks take your offside rule discussion to Ghanaweb. This is a LAUGHING thread...

I mean... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote:I am sure you and your fellow Ghanaians desperately want to believe that. :laugh: :laugh:
marutimon wrote:Dude, you really need to go back to the rulebook. You can never be offside on a rebound.
Otitokoro,

I am surprised by your reading of the rule. At the time the ball was hit from outside the box, the eventual goal scorer was onside. The ball hit the GK and then rebounded off the post and the goalscorer outran his defender to hit home the rebound. There is no reason for disallowing that goal as the match officials did. It is really a shame that the officials took that decision but it was the wrong call.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Prof,
No wahala. I have stated my side of the debate. Fortunately, the Ghanaian FA has filed a protest with FIFA and we can await the results of their decision.
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:I am sure you and your fellow Ghanaians desperately want to believe that. :laugh: :laugh:
marutimon wrote:Dude, you really need to go back to the rulebook. You can never be offside on a rebound.
Otitokoro,

I am surprised by your reading of the rule. At the time the ball was hit from outside the box, the eventual goal scorer was onside. The ball hit the GK and then rebounded off the post and the goalscorer outran his defender to hit home the rebound. There is no reason for disallowing that goal as the match officials did. It is really a shame that the officials took that decision but it was the wrong call.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

At no point was the ghanianian in an offside position. First of all you cant see when the shot was taken as the shooter is out of the fram of this video, but and even at the 5 second mark cited above, the Ghanaian player started his run behind the last defender.

This is why I love this site. How can anyone watch this same video and see a player offside before the rebound?

Me i'm 100% happy Ghana was kicked the eff out because of the irritants we have on this site, but they were robbed in this game.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:Abegi, can you folks take your offside rule discussion to Ghanaweb. This is a LAUGHING thread...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote:Prof,
No wahala. I have stated my side of the debate. Fortunately, the Ghanaian FA has filed a protest with FIFA and we can await the results of their decision.
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro,

FIFA will throw the protest out, if you ask me. Even if it was a clear goal, FIFA is not ordering any replay. The most Ghana can get out of this is an apology and perhaps a referee sanction.

BTW, Zambian fans are calling for FIFA investigation of the Botswana referee for disallowing Zambia's first half goal against us.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Here is another link with a wider angle that shows the Ghanaianian shooting the ball and the position of the Ghanaian who scored the rebound. At no point was he offside when the ball was struck. you can pause the video yourself

pic 1- Leg striking ball- Ghanaian onside
pic 2- Ball long gone- Ghanaian still onside.
Last edited by metalalloy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

metalalloy wrote:Here is another link with a wider angle that shows the Ghanaianian shooting the ball and the position of the Ghanaian who scored the rebound. At no point was he offside when the ball was struck. you can pause the video yourself

Are you half-Ghanaian?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Rawlings wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Here is another link with a wider angle that shows the Ghanaianian shooting the ball and the position of the Ghanaian who scored the rebound. At no point was he offside when the ball was struck. you can pause the video yourself

Are you half-Ghanaian?

Yes. I am your sibling. :taunt:

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

felarey wrote: Wia taco? World Cup go sweet o. DNC no good o! :rotf:
The "WAFU Cup" man has disappeared ever since. In all the games played today, he didn't surface or make comment in any of them, yet a few days ago, he was all over the CE boasting on how they beat us 4-1 in WAFU Cup tournament final. Shame on him!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

1naija wrote:There ain't no gaddem fairness. You win or you are out!

...Ghana the Amatoki Grubbers are the Crying champions of Africa... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:Unku 1Naira, this ya thread is violating sooooooo many forum rules.

Murderators!!!! :P
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:

I mean... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:Unku 1Naira, this ya thread is violating sooooooo many forum rules.

Murderators!!!! :P
Kai i see some words i invented lived on...Tfco is in Toronto looking for the fligth agent he booked to Russia to cancel all trips
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^