Congrats to the SE but..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Congrats to the SE but..

Post by Coach »

@Highbury, all are delighted in our victory however t'is the wise man who keeps his head when all else are losing theirs. A semi-final berth would be a very good and absolutely unexpected showing for Nigeria. As far as winning it be concerned, Nigeria is nowhere near the necessary pedigree. 1-nil vs Zambia has never offered substantiation for such ludicrous proclamation. Truth be told, 10-nil would offer much the same. The likely scenario is qualification from the group and elimination in the round of 16. Quarter finals would be a improvement to the usual.

The brutal truth is, our comparative shortcomings are significant enough to subdue any Leicesteresque impossible dream. Nigeria, Africa for that matter, is a long way from doing anything at a Mundial. As painful as the script reads, t'is well rehearsed and near ritualistic, by the end of the group stages, two will be gone, with two more hoping to make the plane before the check-in closes.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Ighalo is not the number 9 we need. Nigeria needs a big body good in the box who can draw the defense and then you have enough attacking ability out wide or from the middle.

The other weakness is DM. Onazi and Ndidi are far too weak to offer strength to Mikel. What rohr has been doing is using the entire frontline to both defend the middle and attack. It makes Nigeria vulnerable for lengthy games.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ighalo did very well. His hold up play was very good despite the Zambians double and triple teaming him. Dude must be sore.

He put in a decent shift.

He also was a victim of a bad playing turf which made traction difficult for our players, especially him and VicMo.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:Ighalo did very well. His hold up play was very good despite the Zambians double and triple teaming him. Dude must be sore.

He also was a victim of a bad playing turf which made traction difficult for our players, especially him and VicMo.
Kpom!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ndidi weak? LOL.
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

mapet wrote:
highbury wrote:Congrats again to my sweet SE. They deserve to go to the World Cup. I am convinced that barring injuries and lack of fitness, Nigeria can really challenge for the title. I hate that Semi final bullcrap limit. Win it!
My main concerns are our striking department and defensive subs for our oyinbo wall. We don't have a solid back up... I think Efe Ambrose / Omeruo combo should be tried.
Ighalo truly worries me. Based on this work with Watford and SE he seems to be a ' hot or Cold' striker. One game he is good, the other bad. He was terrible today. The good thing he does is that he is always working hard. We need someone who will challenge Ighalo.. I am not putting my hope on Ihenacho. Ihenacho is a bench warmer. He can't do anything for SE at the world cup for Nigeria If he isn't playing. Let him ask Moses about how terrible he was in Brazil because he was warming the bench at Liverpool.
Now this spoilt the whole thing
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Imagine that...
Its true with the popular saying that is you dont leave football, football will leave you
Apparently its not peculiar to only footballers, same applies to fans as well.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:Ighalo did very well. His hold up play was very good despite the Zambians double and triple teaming him. Dude must be sore.

kpom. I was very impressed with Ighalo's effort. Looks like he is enjoying the coach's trust in him. The turf was terrible.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

marutimon wrote:We qualifying to the World Cup from the most lopsided group in World Cup qualifying history and we did it with 4 wins, 1 draw, 11 goals for, 3 against... We earned the right to gloat and well... nobody is perfect.

explain
AFCON 2019 sweet o

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
marutimon wrote:We qualifying to the World Cup from the most lopsided group in World Cup qualifying history and we did it with 4 wins, 1 draw, 11 goals for, 3 against... We earned the right to gloat and well... nobody is perfect.

explain
He's probably talking about having 4 afcon winners and 3 of them have represented Africa at the WC a combined 15 appearances. It's a group that guarantees 2 if not 3 previous participants will be eliminated
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

explain
He's probably talking about having 4 afcon winners and 3 of them have represented Africa at the WC a combined 15 appearances. It's a group that guarantees 2 if not 3 previous participants will be eliminated

but that would make the group evenly-matched, not lopsided. Or am I still missing the point?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

explain

but that would make the group evenly-matched, not lopsided. Or am I still missing the point?
Well lopsided compared to other groups.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

explain

Well lopsided compared to other groups.
you're still not making sense :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: our group is NOT lopsided.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

highbury wrote:Congrats again to my sweet SE. They deserve to go to the World Cup. I am convinced that barring injuries and lack of fitness, Nigeria can really challenge for the title. I hate that Semi final bullcrap limit. Win it!
My main concerns are our striking department and defensive subs for our oyinbo wall. We don't have a solid back up... I think Efe Ambrose / Omeruo combo should be tried.
Ighalo truly worries me. Based on this work with Watford and SE he seems to be a ' hot or Cold' striker. One game he is good, the other bad. He was terrible today. The good thing he does is that he is always working hard. We need someone who will challenge Ighalo.. I am not putting my hope on Ihenacho. Ihenacho is a bench warmer. He can't do anything for SE at the world cup for Nigeria If he isn't playing. Let him ask Moses about how terrible he was in Brazil because he was warming the bench at Liverpool.
Bros, just tell us the path you want us to take now because I don't want us to be on the verge of something great only for you to appear like a fake apparition and turn yourself into pathfinder.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:@Highbury, all are delighted in our victory however t'is the wise man who keeps his head when all else are losing theirs. A semi-final berth would be a very good and absolutely unexpected showing for Nigeria. As far as winning it be concerned, Nigeria is nowhere near the necessary pedigree. 1-nil vs Zambia has never offered substantiation for such ludicrous proclamation. Truth be told, 10-nil would offer much the same. The likely scenario is qualification from the group and elimination in the round of 16. Quarter finals would be a improvement to the usual.

The brutal truth is, our comparative shortcomings are significant enough to subdue any Leicesteresque impossible dream. Nigeria, Africa for that matter, is a long way from doing anything at a Mundial. As painful as the script reads, t'is well rehearsed and near ritualistic, by the end of the group stages, two will be gone, with two more hoping to make the plane before the check-in closes.
Coachito nwokem. Somber reality. The last four winners of the Mundial had high quality players at EVERY position, as well as solid backups at the same; the coaching staff of each team was excellent, and there's tons of preparatory stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we have yet to master. :idea:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

anointed wrote:
Bros, just tell us the path you want us to take now because I don't want us to be on the verge of something great only for you to appear like a fake apparition and turn yourself into pathfinder.
Bros, the only path I want you to take is to be more attentive, proactive and less reactive. Not attacking perspectives but listening to differing perspectives. That way we can all work in concert towards a better purpose- a better SE
Last edited by highbury on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marutimon wrote:Ndidi weak? LOL.
Not just Ndidi. He said Ndidi and Onazi are both weak. No comment. :lol: