Throw-ins

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Throw-ins

Post by Schillachi »

This is one of my biggest pet peeves and I really still don't understand it. Can someone explain to me why our players insist on the long throw-ins even when we are in our half of the field which most of the time results in giving away possession. What is wrong with motioning for one of your team mates to come to you and throw to him instead of always engaging in long throws and rendering it a 50-50 ball?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Throw-ins

Post by Bell »

PERSONALLY...

...I like the long throw-ins right into the enemy's heart. It's like a corner kick and one mistake and you have a goal. In days past the burly Anthony (Powerhouse) Ottah (Golden Eagles/Bendel Insurance) used to scare opponents with it.
Bell
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Bell wrote:PERSONALLY...

...I like the long throw-ins right into the enemy's heart. It's like a corner kick and one mistake and you have a goal. In days past the burly Anthony (Powerhouse) Ottah (Golden Eagles/Bendel Insurance) used to scare opponents with it.
Bell
Chief, I'm talking about when we are in our own half. I understand making long throws to the 18 box of your opponent. What I don't understand is long throws in our half or far from the opponent's 18 box which most of the time results in loss in possession. Sometimes their teammate would even come to them, and they will motion him away only to do a long throw and give away the ball...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Schillachi wrote:

Bell
Chief, I'm talking about when we are in our own half. I understand making long throws to the 18 box of your opponent. What I don't understand is long throws in our half or far from the opponent's 18 box which most of the time results in loss in possession. Sometimes their teammate would even come to them, and they will motion him away only to do a long throw and give away the ball...
IT MIGHT BE A CAUTION THING

Sometimes it's safer to throw the ball far away towards the opponent's half and risk losing it than to throw it to a team mate in your own half where losing it could be disastrous. That team mate coming to you is doing the right thing by giving you an option but he'' probably agree that throwing to him is not the best option.
Bell
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Bell
:thumbs:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Bell wrote:
Schillachi wrote:

Bell
IT MIGHT BE A CAUTION THING

Sometimes it's safer to throw the ball far away towards the opponent's half and risk losing it than to throw it to a team mate in your own half where losing it could be disastrous. That team mate coming to you is doing the right thing by giving you an option but he'' probably agree that throwing to him is not the best option.
Bell
Chief, a lot of times, there is an unmarked team mate right by the thrower. Instead of throwing to him, they somehow prefer a long throw to no one in particular..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Una no serious,the important thing in throw ins whether long or short is to make sure it is going to your team mate. If they are not doing that then then they need to correct that. I have seen short throws go steaight to the opponents also.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Oloye,

You don forget how IICC great Otolorin terrorized opponents with his long throws probably the sole reason he made the super eagles!

Cmoke
oloye wrote:Una no serious,the important thing in throw ins whether long or short is to make sure it is going to your team mate. If they are not doing that then then they need to correct that. I have seen short throws go steaight to the opponents also.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cmoke wrote:Oloye,

You don forget how IICC great Otolorin terrorized opponents with his long throws probably the sole reason he made the super eagles!

Cmoke
oloye wrote:Una no serious,the important thing in throw ins whether long or short is to make sure it is going to your team mate. If they are not doing that then then they need to correct that. I have seen short throws go steaight to the opponents also.
Nwankwo Nwabueze, Stephen Keshi....the masters of long throws...Otolorin was the master in chief.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:
Cmoke wrote:Oloye,

Cmoke
Nwankwo Nwabueze, Stephen Keshi....the masters of long throws...Otolorin was the master in chief.
Damn..................Nwabueze Nwankwo does a throw-in from his own half into the opponents pen-box.
With him in team, every Rangers :thumbs: throw-in turns into a FK. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Iwobi's goal against Zambia, in Zambia came from a long throw in.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fabio wrote:Iwobi's goal against Zambia, in Zambia came from a long throw in.
Bitchlachi is.being the drama queen she is. She thinks this is fussball at the rainbow parade in Galveston when she is usually the float queen.

Hey Bitchi , the is soccer maaan, not fussball!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

That's the point.. a lot of these silly long throw-ins goes to our opponents. You have a much better shot of not losing possession if you throw to an unmarked teammate in front of you as opposed to throwing into the crowd..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!