BEST SE 11 FOR RUSSIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: BEST SE 11 FOR RUSSIA

Post by Flex Swift »

ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:No No No for ighalo. He might NOT even make it to the world cup except he shows some exceptional stuff before the WC or on "pity" instances

Ighalo is Nigeria best striker right now.
Best striker??? He scored @home against Cameroon and has now gone into a drought. He has failed to score in his last two matches missing chance after chance.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Flex Swift wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:No No No for ighalo. He might NOT even make it to the world cup except he shows some exceptional stuff before the WC or on "pity" instances

Best striker??? He scored @home against Cameroon and has now gone into a drought. He has failed to score in his last two matches missing chance after chance.
See mentality! Even Aguero doesn't score in every game.if Rohr though like u ighalo wouldn't have been there for Cameroon.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

marutimon wrote:As far as I see it 7 players are almost guaranteed to start:

-------------------GK--------------------
-Shehu--Balogun--Troost-Ekong---LB-
----------Onazi------Ndidi--------------
-----------------Mikel-------------------
-V. Moses---------------------------LW-
-------------------ST----------------------

I also don't expect much changes to the final 23, as I think Rohr is pretty loyal to his players. But sometimes injuries or excellently performing players may force his hand. I think also Rohr will take 8 defenders and won't budge on this numbers. This limits options for midfielder and forward players.

GK - As it stands I think Ezenwa has leapfrogged Akpeyi. I still think Rohr prefers Enyeama and Ikeme, but its uncertain whether they will be available. Also the fact that they hardly play count against them.

RB - I think Shehu has battled his way to take this slot. He could be displaced by Nura Abdullahi (if he ever gets past his injuries), Tyronne Ebuehi, Moses Odubajo (on return from injury), but they would all need to have a significant rise in stature to challenge Shehu. I think Ola Aina is seen more of a replacement for Echiejile, than Shehu given how well Shehu has played lately. He won't let go of his slot easily.

CB 1 - Balogun is irreplaceable and one of the first in Rohr's lineup.

CD 2 - Troost Ekong forms a decent partnership with Balogun, but I can see Awaziem taking this slot if his credentials continure to rise. 2018 may however be a bit early for him. Agbo, Omeruo and Eze to challenge for the remaining slot on the bench. (

LB - Elderson is just passable. But thats not enough at World Cup level. Ergo I think Rohr will be testing Aina as a left back next month. I expect both of them on the plane to Russie though, because Rohr will want a backup left-back.

DM / CM - Onazi and Ndidi work pretty well with each other. I could see Rohr going more adventurous in some games with Mikel as a deep lying playmaker (Ndidi - Mikel - Etebo / Iwobi / Iheanacho), but in general I think Onazi will be hard to displace. Ogu and Agu are the current placeholders, but I could see Ifeanyi Matthew get a look in, as well the Nwakali brothers. I think Kelechi Nwakali could force himself onto the team, if his season in Holland keeps going so well. Esiti I think has too low a profile to get a second look into. I think Rohr will keep his midfield list short, as he has obvious backup players like Shehu, Omeruo, Iwobi that can also play in midfield.

AM - Mikel the obvious no1 on the coaches list. Etebo is having a good season in Portugal, so I expect him to stay on.

RW - Victor Moses is unreplaceable. Ahmed Musa will for now be his number one back up, but if he continues not to play I expect him to be dropped by one of the Belgian guys or Isaac Success.

LW - Moses Simon is the current starter, but I think like no other player his starting slot is at risk with Iwobi the obvious alternative, but may be ousted from the team alltogether, if any of Bonaventure, Kalu, Olayinka, Bazee, Onyekuru, Success (who is currently playing himself out of the World Cup) get a chance and give a commanding performance.

FW - Ighalo has played himself into the team. Even if he doesn't start at the World Cup he is obviously going. Iheanacho also seems irreplaceable for now. That said Rohr is still looking to up the forward quality, so he will be keeping an eye on Nwakaeme, Olanare, Kayode, Dessers, Osimhen and maybe also Odey and Muazam.

FINAL 23:
Goalkeepers (3):
Enyeama (?), Ikeme (?), Ezenwa (Akpeyi, Alampasu)
Defenders (8): Shehu, Ebuehi / Nura / Odubajo, Echiejile, Aina, Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Awaziem, Omeruo / Agbo / Eze
Midfielders (6): Ndidi, Onazi, Mikel, Etebo, Agu / Matthew / C. Nwakali, Ogu / K. Nwakali
Forwards (6): Moses, Iwobi, Ighalo, Iheanacho and two from Musa, Simon, Bonaventure, Kalu, Olayinka, Bazee, Onyekuru, Success, Nwakaeme, Olanare, Kayode, Dessers, Osimhen, Odey, Muazam, Solanke (?)
Good analysis, i would add Amuzie to the mix as he has started playing for Lugano and could be an option at LB.
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

See mentality! Even Aguero doesn't score in every game.if Rohr though like u ighalo wouldn't have been there for Cameroon.
Are we comparing Aguero with ighalo? Would Aguero miss the sitter Ighalo missed yesterday? Or. The sitter against Cameroon in the second leg. I make no bones about it I dislike Ighalo as a striker and if he leads the line at the World Cup we won't go very far. Nigeria needs to find a clinical finisher between now and Russia. In the event we don't get one then Ighalo will have to lead the line but with limited expectations
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Aguero was never a clinical finisher. He scores thanks to the number of chances he creates, not the efficiency with which he scores them.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Flex Swift wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I like Ighalo movement. He is mobile. If he is not scoring, he is creating for others.
I like his game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I like Ighalo movement. He is mobile. If he is not scoring, he is creating for others.
I like his game.
A striker need to score just like a defender needs to defend. If Ighalo only scores once every 6 to 7 games then we are proper decked in the group stage.
You cannot under estimate having two strikers that score on average at least a goal in two games if not per game.

That is the difference between a successful team and an average team
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

If we are looking for a physical CF with good hold up play and scoring boots to compete for a spot, we should invite Fanendo Adi back on the team.

He seems not to be a favorite of the coaches but dude can score.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cellular wrote:If we are looking for a physical CF with good hold up play and scoring boots to compete for a spot, we should invite Fanendo Adi back on the team.

No thanks, he will slow down the attack.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ighalo is Nigeria best striker.

Scored against Cameroon in Uyo

Created the goal for Simon Moses in the return leg

Created chances against Zambia that should have led to a goal.

He almost scored against Zambia.

Last 3 games for Nigeria, he has 1 goal and 1 assist. How is that poor?

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:If we are looking for a physical CF with good hold up play and scoring boots to compete for a spot, we should invite Fanendo Adi back on the team.

No he won't. He is deadly in front of goal and handles double team as well as Ighalo.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cellular wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

No he won't. He is deadly in front of goal and handles double team as well as Ighalo.
He is slow. Won't fit our system.

Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

Flex Swift wrote:So you think Nura will start at the world. Cup over Shehu who played in all qualifiers(and has played very well). Nura hasn't started a single game for Roma and can't stay fit for five minutes but in your mind he walks into the 9ja starting lineup.We haven't even seen Nura in the Green White Green in any friendly but he will start next summer......... :blush: :drool: I am trying to reason this out but I don't get it!
Don't try to reason with Ohen