Should Vincent join SE to Russia or we stick to Ezenwa ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should Vincent join SE to Russia or we stick to Ezenwa ?

Post by danfo driver »

oscar52 wrote:Damn! Some people are so used to chaos that even when thing are going better, they want to return to that chaos. Same mentality that causes us to recycle old leaders rather than taking chances on new ones. Carry on.

That is Nigeria and Nigerians for you. Sick people
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

seyiblack wrote:Take Ezenwa and prepare to be very disappointed. If I’m the coach of the opponent and I watch the qualification games, my mouth will be salivating with what I can do with Ezenwa between the sticks.

Ezenwa will do okay if he's thrust into the spotlight at the Mundial. The issue is what happens if he gets injured in the first game? Then what? Is it the jittery Akpeyi that will be called upon? Or the talented but completely inexperienced greenhorn Alampasu.

That's what the anti-Enyeama crowd don't seem to get. We need 3 goalkeepers that can be counted on, and not a situation where the gulf in class between the starter and the back-up is so severe that we revisit what happened at the last World Cup with Onazi's injury.

Now if Enyeama had no interest in returning, or if there was any real merit in the troublemaker tag that some here are going on about, I would see their point. But neither is the case.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Damn! Some people are so used to chaos that even when thing are going better, they want to return to that chaos. Same mentality that causes us to recycle old leaders rather than taking chances on new ones. Carry on.

It is about having a deep bench. For the first time in a long time aside from when Mikel is subbed off, we have equal and sometimes better talent coming off the bench. That is what we want for all positions.

Vincent has never been a distraction to his teammates or a toxic teammate. If we followed your thinking of dumping experienced players, Mikel would not have played... and you all saw the integral role he played. Same guy who kicked Enyeama off the team benched Mikel for Paul Anobi... :oops: :oops:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Enugu II wrote:IMHO, I see nothing wrong in recalling Vincent Enyeama. If Coach Rohr feels that Vincent is needed then he should be recalled. He already stated that Vincent will come into the team as a substitute goalkeeper and will have no claim to captainship or deputy captain. Those positions are taken by Mikel Obi and Onazi and they will to be changed.

Why is Vincent needed? IMO, you cannot have enough good goalkeepers. A few weeks ago, without Ikeme Nigeria was down to zero in that department. We are fortunate that Ezenwa has developed but it is not enough. We still need three good goalkeepers. It should be a no-brainer that Vincent is recalled to help here.

Some are claiming disruption in camp. How? Enyeama was tacitly supported by Mikel Obi during the conflict with Oliseh. If you have forgotten, I will remind you that Mikel himself was on the way out after Enyeama left. You remember that he was passed over for captainship. Additionally, he was benched for the Swaziland game and Paul Onobi placed ahead of him. His days were certainly numbered until Rohr came to the rescue. Fact is that he had his sympathies for Vincent.
This is not true. Mikel was never on his way out under any coach. He was benched and Musa was given captainship. Unlike Enyeama, Mikel took it like a true professional, accepted the coach's decision and remained a team player. Enyeama on the other hand stood up and demanded respect from a coach having a worked up moment. This is why Mikel is turning out to be one of the most accomplished Nigerian footballers in history and an Africa legend while Enyeama is the hot headed goalie that abandoned ship. Did he really have to go as far as retiring? Very shortsighted, what was done to him that he's never seen before? It took him 5-6 yrs to establish his place with SE.

As a player going to the world cup, you want men you can go to war with, real men that can take an ego hit like Mikel and Echiejile. I really think we should stop discussing Enyeama until he recovers from his injury, gets a club and plays some games. Otherwise there's really no point and it's a tad disrespect to the players that showed up and just won us this qualification series. Rohr needs 3 goalkeepers and should get to work on that, Enyeama can come into the frame after he tells us he wants to be back and it's left to the coaching crew. He's not divisive, he's just hot headed.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

danfo driver wrote:LOL. Nigerians are just horrendous people. I have said it. Nigerians will never be happy unless there is chaos. Peace, tranquility and success angers them. Nothing will please them more than having something, about which to complain. We qualified for the world cup? Whats next? Disrupt preparations.

Rohr! Good luck! You simply dont know the manner of people, for who you work.
My broda I don't get it either! Why disrupt a system that has served us well so far? Just go with it, who knows, Ezenwa might end up being a revelation. It's completely not fair to sideline someone that stepped up and worked hard to earn his place. Nigerian mentality is puzzling.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

It is about having a deep bench. For the first time in a long time aside from when Mikel is subbed off, we have equal and sometimes better talent coming off the bench. That is what we want for all positions.

Vincent has never been a distraction to his teammates or a toxic teammate. If we followed your thinking of dumping experienced players, Mikel would not have played... and you all saw the integral role he played. Same guy who kicked Enyeama off the team benched Mikel for Paul Anobi... :oops: :oops:

Bro! you guys can do whatever you like. Just as Oloye said, I have learned to manage my emotions when it comes to Nigeria. If you want to take Vincent and his brothers to world cup + Furo Iyenemi and Olofinjana, please go ahead. if it causes problem in the camp and we end up like we have ended up every single time because of disrupted team cohesion, that is no longer my problem. I have learned that Nigerians NEVER learn from the past. good luck to all of you.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?