Should Vincent join SE to Russia or we stick to Ezenwa ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should Vincent join SE to Russia or we stick to Ezenwa

Post by Eaglezbeak »

oloye wrote:
Yiba wrote:
oloye wrote:Let Vincent be. ... He did not say he wanted to go anywhere. We dont need him...he has done his own bit let us move on.
Chief, i agree with you, but wondering, if Rohr has completely ruled out Vincent from his plans in the future ?
Rohr has tried to get him and he has refused. Bringing him now is a recipee for disaster imho.
:agree: But as soon as Nigeria qualify to the World Cup they start doing backwards steps to ruin what ever chance they have of a peaceful camp!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Should Vincent join SE to Russia or we stick to Ezenwa ?

Post by paj »

The question is: Are we going to the world cup with the intent of winning it? If so, we need our BEST players. If not for Oliseh, Vincent will be playing for 9ja...if both sides can resolve the issue, it's all for the best.If he does NOT wish to play for 9ja, then takes who wants to.
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

akamoke wrote:Wasn't he being brought back and he got injured ?

I think Ezenwa has earned his right to be at the WC barring injuries. I Hope Ikeme recovers then we can have both and I do feel there is room for Enyeama as a third goalkeeper. Experience counts

I just hope we don't have that silly jostling for captaincy like we did in 2010 when we had Yobo as playing captain and Kanu as the "team captain" just because he was an elder. The captain for the team is Mikel Obi . Period . Vince must be clear about this should he be given a chance to return. This team is a few tweaks away from the world cup team. The only time for experiment is the very next game . Time to gel afterwards
+1
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

as long as he accepts been a third choice keeper then fine...no monkey dey work baboon dey chop anymore...you work..you earn your stripes, no free pass based on your past exploits or legendary status...it's all merit.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Yiba wrote:
mystic wrote:Rohr has already said that Vincent will be back, provided he sorts out his club situation, is playing regularly and playing well enough to deserve selection.
I am aware of Rohr's last statement concerning Vincent. Based on the resonance on this thread, it appears that Vincent is a divisive figure.

TBH, i value his experience a great deal. Definitely at the world cup, he would not be incapacitated by stage fright. Because he mingles with the stars in European football.
... but looking at his SE career wholisticaly has Vincent really been a divisive figure? Looking at 1 to 2 situations in a vacuum is not sufficient to conclude that Vince is a divisive character. Remember, going by reports, Mikel was also on the verge of retiring from the team not long ago.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tobi17 wrote:as long as he accepts been a third choice keeper then fine...no monkey dey work baboon dey chop anymore...you work..you earn your stripes, no free pass based on your past exploits or legendary status...it's all merit.
You mean as long as he accepts a team role which could be 3rd, 2nd or 1st choice depending on the manager’s decision.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:It is not even funny the stuff am reading here...when Vincent debuted and made that fanstastic save against England...who gave him a chance? He was a nobody but a home grown talent done good. Ezenwa has staked a valid claim to the jersey. The rest is tales by moonlight.
Chief, the example you gave is not applicable. Vincent was the number 3 goalie in 2002 and only played vs England due to it being a dead rubber game for us because we were already eliminated before that game.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

green4life wrote:
Yiba wrote:
mystic wrote:Rohr has already said that Vincent will be back, provided he sorts out his club situation, is playing regularly and playing well enough to deserve selection.
I am aware of Rohr's last statement concerning Vincent. Based on the resonance on this thread, it appears that Vincent is a divisive figure.

TBH, i value his experience a great deal. Definitely at the world cup, he would not be incapacitated by stage fright. Because he mingles with the stars in European football.
... but looking at his SE career wholisticaly has Vincent really been a divisive figure? Looking at 1 to 2 situations in a vacuum is not sufficient to conclude that Vince is a divisive character. Remember, going by reports, Mikel was also on the verge of retiring from the team not long ago.
Do not misquote me. I said based on the resonance from members here, he appears to be a divisive figure. I do not share the sentiment, though.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

paj wrote:The question is: Are we going to the world cup with the intent of winning it? If so, we need our BEST players. If not for Oliseh, Vincent will be playing for 9ja...if both sides can resolve the issue, it's all for the best.If he does NOT wish to play for 9ja, then takes who wants to.
Pa
Now you are talking. :agree:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

akamoke wrote:Wasn't he being brought back and he got injured ?

I think Ezenwa has earned his right to be at the WC barring injuries. I Hope Ikeme recovers then we can have both and I do feel there is room for Enyeama as a third goalkeeper. Experience counts

I just hope we don't have that silly jostling for captaincy like we did in 2010 when we had Yobo as playing captain and Kanu as the "team captain" just because he was an elder. The captain for the team is Mikel Obi . Period . Vince must be clear about this should he be given a chance to return. This team is a few tweaks away from the world cup team. The only time for experiment is the very next game . Time to gel afterwards
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

LOL. Nigerians are just horrendous people. I have said it. Nigerians will never be happy unless there is chaos. Peace, tranquility and success angers them. Nothing will please them more than having something, about which to complain. We qualified for the world cup? Whats next? Disrupt preparations.

Rohr! Good luck! You simply dont know the manner of people, for who you work.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, I see nothing wrong in recalling Vincent Enyeama. If Coach Rohr feels that Vincent is needed then he should be recalled. He already stated that Vincent will come into the team as a substitute goalkeeper and will have no claim to captainship or deputy captain. Those positions are taken by Mikel Obi and Onazi and they will to be changed.

Why is Vincent needed? IMO, you cannot have enough good goalkeepers. A few weeks ago, without Ikeme Nigeria was down to zero in that department. We are fortunate that Ezenwa has developed but it is not enough. We still need three good goalkeepers. It should be a no-brainer that Vincent is recalled to help here.

Some are claiming disruption in camp. How? Enyeama was tacitly supported by Mikel Obi during the conflict with Oliseh. If you have forgotten, I will remind you that Mikel himself was on the way out after Enyeama left. You remember that he was passed over for captainship. Additionally, he was benched for the Swaziland game and Paul Onobi placed ahead of him. His days were certainly numbered until Rohr came to the rescue. Fact is that he had his sympathies for Vincent.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:It is not even funny the stuff am reading here...when Vincent debuted and made that fanstastic save against England...who gave him a chance? He was a nobody but a home grown talent done good. Ezenwa has staked a valid claim to the jersey. The rest is tales by moonlight.
Chief, the example you gave is not applicable. Vincent was the number 3 goalie in 2002 and only played vs England due to it being a dead rubber game for us because we were already eliminated before that game.
I did not know there are dead wood matches in the world cup playing against England who did everything to win the match. The important thing here is that a local lad kept ans axquitted himself very well. Let us not demean his accomplishment considering it is the same person we are now trying to make a case for citing experience as a factor.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

At the end of the day the manager has the right to call up anyone he deems fit. The important thing is we must be careful not to allow nostalgia becloud our sense of objectivity!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:At the end of the day the manager has the right to call up anyone he deems fit. The important thing is we must be careful not to allow nostalgia becloud our sense of objectivity!
Dean, it is not nostalgia on my part..............I just don't want us losing(Winable) matches in Russia, just 'cos our keeper could not pick a 'swinging' CK or cross.
I don't want my team conceding goals 'cos our keeper punched the ball in the wrong direction.
Worldclass keepers are a necessity for doing well in any WC......................and Nigeria as of today(barring injury) has only ONE worldclass keeper.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Should Vincent join SE to Russia or we stick to Ezenwa

Post by Lolly »

oloye wrote:
Yiba wrote:
oloye wrote:Let Vincent be. ... He did not say he wanted to go anywhere. We dont need him...he has done his own bit let us move on.
Chief, i agree with you, but wondering, if Rohr has completely ruled out Vincent from his plans in the future ?
Rohr has tried to get him and he has refused. Bringing him now is a recipee for disaster imho.
KPOM.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

zee wrote:
oloye wrote:At the end of the day the manager has the right to call up anyone he deems fit. The important thing is we must be careful not to allow nostalgia becloud our sense of objectivity!
Dean, it is not nostalgia on my part..............I just don't want us losing(Winable) matches in Russia, just 'cos our keeper could not pick a 'swinging' CK or cross.
I don't want my team conceding goals 'cos our keeper punched the ball in the wrong direction.
Worldclass keepers are a necessity for doing well in any WC......................and Nigeria as of today(barring injury) has only ONE worldclass keeper.
And when we lost to France what was Vincent doing? This is a classic case of nostalgia my dear zee....funny enough what you raised was supposed to have been Vince's weakness for so many years.

We need to be careful not to destabilise this team...that is all i have to say. From history and past experience ,players will be crawling in from all angles. Anyways me i cant be bothered i have weaned myself off the Naija charade..whatever they serve i eat!

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tobi17 wrote:as long as he accepts been a third choice keeper then fine...no monkey dey work baboon dey chop anymore...you work..you earn your stripes, no free pass based on your past exploits or legendary status...it's all merit.
And if he comes to camp and showed he was better than the #1 and 2 would you use him or sentimentally ...monkey / baboon style go with your inferior #1 and 2? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:
I did not know there are dead wood matches in the world cup playing against England who did everything to win the match. The important thing here is that a local lad kept ans axquitted himself very well. Let us not demean his accomplishment considering it is the same person we are now trying to make a case for citing experience as a factor.
Dead Rubber means, we were already eliminated when we played England.

On Vince, he did not retire due to drop in form. He was forced out. Same thing almost happened to Mikel.
If he is healthy he will be recalled. A bench/team with a healthy actively playing Vince is an asset, not a liability.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Damn! Some people are so used to chaos that even when thing are going better, they want to return to that chaos. Same mentality that causes us to recycle old leaders rather than taking chances on new ones. Carry on.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Lots of falsehoods on this thread.

Cellular,

Rohr called Enyeama #1? When? I do not recall him saying this EVER

Also there's talk of Mikel quitting SE. Yes the Oliseh saga against Swaziland was bad and Mikel was indeed pissed but Oliseh was who probably was not going to invite him anymore. Where is Onobi anyway? Smh

Cellular is right about Enyeama not having a problem with Mikel being captain. I believe he has some unfinished business with the NFF.

I think he needs to not come back to the team for the possible distraction it will cause.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:
Dead Rubber means, we were already eliminated when we played England.

On Vince, he did not retire due to drop in form. He was forced out. Same thing almost happened to Mikel.
If he is healthy he will be recalled. A bench/team with a healthy actively playing Vince is an asset, not a liability.
As i said my bro...he featured in a match which England did not see as a dead or living rubber. And he acquitted himself very well. It was not because it was a dead rubber match that made him perform. ..

seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

Take Ezenwa and prepare to be very disappointed. If I’m the coach of the opponent and I watch the qualification games, my mouth will be salivating with what I can do with Ezenwa between the sticks.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.