I feel Ike Uche can help us

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
I feel Ike Uche can help us

Post by highbury »

What do you all think? He is 33yrs. He can help us. He is still very good and fit. Of course he will need to earn his place
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I feel Ike Uche can help us

Post by vancity eagle »

Is this a joke ?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Why not??!!

1. Enyeanma
2. Ike Uche

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:Is this a joke ?

How so?
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

highbury wrote:What do you all think? He is 33yrs. He can help us. He is still very good and fit. Of course he will need to earn his place
Ike can help you?
Help you for what?
Are you kidding man?
Why is it that we always self-destruct whenever we have something great going?
Same way we brought Yobo out of retirement to go to Brazil. What is wrong with us for God’s sake?
By the way, while you are at it, don’t you think Odegbami, Okala and even Yekini can help us as well?
My people sha !!!
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bobo Dan wrote:
highbury wrote:What do you all think? He is 33yrs. He can help us. He is still very good and fit. Of course he will need to earn his place
Ike can help you?
Help you for what?
Are you kidding man?
Why is it that we always self-destruct whenever we have something great going?
Same way we brought Yobo out of retirement to go to Brazil. What is wrong with us for God’s sake?
By the way, while you are at it, don’t you think Odegbami, Okala and even Yekini can help us as well?
My people sha !!!
I was considering his experience and his fitness
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ridiculous suggestion, let the guy enjoy the rest of his football career...but come to think of it, Ike was a really good and dedicated player for the SE and at one point was our most prolific striker in Europe during his early La Liga days...dude was a bag if tricks! I wonder why his career ended up not been as stellar as many expected.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

You really just like riling people up?

Uche is a very TOXIC individual.

He has no place anywhere near the team even as a spectator.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

Tobi17 wrote:ridiculous suggestion...but come to think of it, Ike was a really good and dedicated player for the SE and at one point was our most prolific striker in Europe during his early La Liga days...dude was a bag if tricks! I wonder why his career ended up not been as stellar as many expected.
Tobi, you said it all.......”at one time”
But so was Odegbami, Okala, Chairman Christian Chukwu at one time too
But should we ask them out of retirement as well?

I remembered shortly after the 2014 World Cup groups draw was made, and Iran was drawn with Nigeria. There was a link to Iranian football fans forum that was posted by a forumer here.
Something one of the Iranian fans said when his countrymen were full of fear of SE stayed with me till today. He said and I quote....

No need to be afraid of the Africans. They always find a way to self-destruct before World Cup tournament start. It’s either they sack their manager months / weeks before the tournament begins, or they are embroidered in cash / players bonus controversy which tend to weakened their teams.
How right he was in 2014. I can only hope we’ve learnt our lessons.
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Whatever happened to all those strikers that were popping up and scoring in the league a few years back ? Two of them were from Obong’s hood. Then there was one Chikatara or something like that.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

As long as he is fit and playing club ball. On compassionate ground, based on injuries, service, and meanness by late Keshi, Uche should be selected.

Goldenera94
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Cellular wrote:
You really just like riling people up?

Uche is a very TOXIC individual.

He has no place anywhere near the team even as a spectator.
Huh? A suggestion riled you up? Na wa oo. I am subject to accepting a differing opinion as long as it isn't tainted with raw emotions without any coherent reason to the contrary
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Akpoborie can help us too. He's only 40-something and is in great shape. He'll have to earn his place of course.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Highburu is a former Nepa officer, he's used to fixing old soviet transformers all the time. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ike Uche, Osaze & Martins. I look at these 3 guys and anguish over what might have been.

These guys had all the tools to make Nigeria a World class team between 2002 & 2014 but it never quite came together. Each of these guys should have had over 30 goals for Nigeria, but the admin, coaching, sometimes their own attitude, and a bit of hard luck just made these exceptional talents have pedestrian careers with the SE.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Whatever happened to all those strikers that were popping up and scoring in the league a few years back ? Two of them were from Obong’s hood. Then there was one Chikatara or something like that.
Mfon Udoh is with Enyimba.

He and Godwin Obaje are proving to be consistent goalscorers over the last 3-5 years in the NPFL.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Is this a new clearer path?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

anointed wrote:
Is this a new clearer path?
Who knows :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Uche is a complete baller, he reminds me of Romario, he is still scoring and his experience is vital, Rohr should give him a chance, only the best should go to Russia, no sentiments allowed
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

truetalk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Whatever happened to all those strikers that were popping up and scoring in the league a few years back ? Two of them were from Obong’s hood. Then there was one Chikatara or something like that.

He and Godwin Obaje are proving to be consistent goalscorers over the last 3-5 years in the NPFL.
Thanks! what about the other one, Emem Eduok? Wasn't he also making waves?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

9jaMan wrote:

Uche is a complete baller, he reminds me of Romario, he is still scoring and his experience is vital, Rohr should give him a chance, only the best should go to Russia, no sentiments allowed
Exactly! I don't know what the fuss is all about. Folks are just getting pissed off for no reason. None! I am not saying he must go to Russia. I am saying, give him a chance and see if he is worthy to get a spot. The same chance Enyeama will be given. Sometimes the reasoning and angst I see on CE baffles me. It doesn't pass the reasoning test
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

truetalk wrote:

I don't know if Emem Eduok is still in Tunisia.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.