Rohr, Agu and Techical Nuance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Rohr, Agu and Techical Nuance

Post by Shownoja »

I hold my hands up and say I was not a fan of a foreign coach. Didn't understand why a nation suffering so many problems will want to waste money on a foreign coach, but credit to the NFF for seeing the bigger picture and finding the funding to make it happen.

That said, I think in Rohr, they picked the right guy. I've read some commentary that Agu had a bad game. But now I've re-watched the game, nothing can be further from the truth. Agu actually made us play. And much of that credit should go to the coach.

Yes, he was nervous for the first 10 minutes or so of his coming on and rightly got booked. He also went a bit too long running into the same space as Ndidi, but no sooner had we come out for the second half, it became clear the instruction was for him to sit in front of the back four. That allowed Ndidi to compete more favourably in the midfield and win us that battle we struggled with in the first half. It also meant when Skippo started blowing, we had the legs to carry him.

His big ability seems to be in marking space. The forwards simply had no run and their midfield didn't have a pass while in possession. That is talent. I will love to see him play a full 90 minutes in that position with Ndidi also playing. They both have that knack to just close the space, something we will need when we meet opponents who have flair.

Far from saying he had a bad game, I will say he had his best game so far for Nigeria and has perhaps booked his place on the team. Really good player.
To stop trying is to start dying
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr, Agu and Techical Nuance

Post by smartbrother »

i still dont think onazi and ndidi gel together as a midfield pair
although i like them both individually