THE DISALLOWED ZAMBIA 'GOAL'

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: THE DISALLOWED ZAMBIA 'GOAL'

Post by Robbynice »

osita wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
green4life wrote:Offside or not, the whistle was blown pretty early meaning the play was dead which means there never was a goal to disallow.
My point exactly yet anointed dey blow grammar. Oh well...

There was never a goal, just that the player pretended not to hear the whistle and kept on playing
My point exactly and if there was no goal in the first place then there was nothing disallowed.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

The player should have received a yellow card for the stunt he tried to pull off.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

DIMKA76 wrote:The player should have received a yellow card for the stunt he tried to pull off.
Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

fake news
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Robbynice wrote:
green4life wrote:Offside or not, the whistle was blown pretty early meaning the play was dead which means there never was a goal to disallow.
My point exactly yet anointed dey blow grammar. Oh well...
You responded to my opening post, which contained only an image. Where did you see the grammar? I used the inverted commas to show that there was no goal. Using 'goal' was just for communication purposes. Don't worry, next time I will use sign language.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I actually think the closest call was for NIGERIA's goal. Ighalo was standing right in front of the Zambian GK (who was Zambia's bets player BTW - he could get into Nigeria's team). Ighalo blocked the Zambian GK's view of Iwobi's shot, and he was just about onside as he was level with the last Zambian defender. A poor and less eagle eyed lino may have flagged Ighalo offside and disallowed the goal.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Almost came to blows with the Supersport commentators over this after the game. They kept insisting he was not off. I told them that it was off, & it didn't matter, since the ref blew and all the defenders (except Mr. Elderson of course) stopped playing.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cmoke wrote:Disallowed or not, that goal almost gave thousands of people at the stadium heart attack .
Uncle, you no hear the whistle? Even the guy celebrating knew he was wasting his time. The only person I saw who didn't seem to know was Mr. Elderson.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Flex Swift wrote:Pointless thread!!, personally having viewed the game twice I think Zambia should have finished the game with ten men the persistent fouling on Moses and Obi would have resulted in red card. If played in Europe
that was their strategy, foul the crap out of Mikel and Moses
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

bouncino wrote:
anointed wrote:
bouncino wrote:What is the name of the DSTV commentator. He is a big disgrace. He kept calling it a legitimate despite video replay showing to the contrary
He's a Zambian. The commentator was a Naija guy. I guess DSTV intentionally pitted them to balance their acts.
I know about the Zambian. The Naija guy also insisted it was a goal even saying it during the second half.
Ask them about the guy who took them up on this at the hotel. The shouting match that emerged afterwards had over 20 people involved. It was all in good fun though as they were mostly Supersport crew.